Game-Labs Forum

Important announcement: PVP EU 3 Server Closing and Merge

Hello Captains

Patch will be deployed next week (hopefully)

In this patch the PVP EU Three  server will be closed down and merged into PVP EU One.

All resources and assets will be compensated and/or merged into PVP EU One as redeemables.

Resources merged into PvP EU 1

• Gold
  • Resources from warehouses
  • Ships
  • Upgrades
  • Known blueprints
  • Outposts and buildings will be lost but the price of construction or upgrades will be compensated in gold

Important points for players from PVP EU 3 (this info does not concern players from all other servers)

• Assets are transferred automatically, you don't have to do anything
  • Assets are transferred to account - not as players. If you wanted to change the name or nation - its a good chance to do it.
  • All merged assets will be given to as redeemables 
  • If you had 200 various types of resources, ships, items you will have 200 redeemables in your list. To minimize the redeemables list feel free to optimize your warehouses selling assets you don't need. 
  • Merged assets are provided for server account. It does not matter if you have a player on EU 1 or not
    • If you don't have a player on PVP EU 1 you can create a player and he will have all merged assets from the EU 3 server in the redeemables list
    • If you have a player on PVP EU 1 he will have all merged assets in the redeemable list
  • Deleting vs creating players
    • Do not use redeemables if you are not sure about the existing player his nation and his name
    • If you don't have a player you don't have to worry about the assets - create the player and redeem the assets
    • If you do have the player please think carefully about using the redeemables. Better be sure if you want to play for that nation or keep that name

Suggestion for safety 

Do not use the redeemables until you are absolutely sure about nation choice - keep them in the redeemables list. Un-used redeemables are tied to account and will always be on the redeemables list.

Please translate this information for the national forums. Be careful as these instructions are important.

TLDR version

• All assets will be merged as redeemables
  • Do not use redeemables until you made up your mind about the nation and player name

Lets discuss if everything is clear and we will post this announcement on steam as well.

Personally i wish to thank all devs for this decision, especially for the assets....keep on the good work guys!

• Like 3

I have a player in PvP 3 (Finuc - GB). And I have a player  in PvP 1 (Finuc - GB)... now... I've been playing with the PvP3 character... So when we go to PvP 1, I have all that stuff available for Finuc in PvP 1...

BUT!!!!

What if I want to change the country for Finuc in PvP 1... I recall something about that if I delete Finuc in PvP 1, it would also do the same in PvP 3? Or something...

Could I get a confirmation, that I can delete Finuc in PvP 1, without worrying anything happening to the the character in with the same name in PvP3... and then I can create another character in PvP 1 with the same name (Finuc) but different country... and then redeem the stuff from PvP 3 after the merge?

- Finuc -

Yes you can. But make sure you redeem on the new player and not the old one that you plan to delete.

Edited by Tomms123

Please don't merge PvP2 with PvP1 + 3. Sure, it could use more population, but there has been plenty of action recently, and I'd hate to see the game lose people because they don't want to play on the toxic cesspool that is PvP1.

• Like 1

Merging PvP2 into PvP1 may cause lots of problems for Australian/Asian players... its about a 100 jump in ping and I've heard pack loss and lag spikes become a problem too (Haven't made a PvP1 account yet but will do before any merge to see for myself I guess).

If there is a way to be playing on PvP1 but actually using a USA based server I would be more than happy with a merge, but I'm rather skeptical at the moment.

Merging PvP2 into PvP1 may cause lots of problems for Australian/Asian players... its about a 100 jump in ping and I've heard pack loss and lag spikes become a problem too (Haven't made a PvP1 account yet but will do before any merge to see for myself I guess).

If there is a way to be playing on PvP1 but actually using a USA based server I would be more than happy with a merge, but I'm rather skeptical at the moment.

I play from 'straya. Ping is now about 310 which is not much of a problem, not seen packet losses as any problem at all. My own reflexes are more of a concern, however that wouldnt be true of all Aussies.

What about the ships, they, too, with outposts disappear ???

If I have some ships in outpost for exmaple La Tartue, after patch otpost will be lost, but I can restore it and my ship will remain there?

all assets will be in redeemables

ships included. You will redeem them in the port of your liking

Personally, I don't like that this is happening. I ha(d)ve a very nice set up of ports and crafting sites etc. that let's me 'do my thing' just how I like.

Now I am going to be forced into another server where I have no knowledge of the politics, the trade routes, the production facilities etc etc and will have to spend a big chunk of time recreating something like my current set up......even with 'redeemables' it aint going to be quick or easy. God, I can just imagine all the gankers licking their lips as we 'transportees' try to find our way in the 'new world'.

In my view, even with the redeemables and gold etc. being 'transported', we are going to be disadvantaged by this move.

I don't suppose anyone will give a flying fig about it though.

So ....DEVS...GIVEN THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS WHATEVER I MAY THINK THEN PLEASE GET ON AND DO IT NOW! There's no point in playing any more until the transport happens so let's get it done so we can get on with the game.

This is the best development to arise in a long time. Great job!

Now, to get greedy, can you take this one step further and allow us to transfer or delete a character on one server, for example PVP two, and get those articles as redeemable so on another server, for example PVP one?

I am sure there are plenty of us on PVP one who switched from PVP two that would love to have their stuff from there. Personally, I would love to have Exceptional Marines again.

Again, great news.

• Like 1

Two main thoughts: 

(1) The developers have done a great job making sure the merge is going to work relatively smoothly and fairly!!  I mean, two months ago, did anyone think they would be able to keep ALL of their stuff in a merger?  I think some of the drain from PVP2 and PVP3 came from the fear that you would lose everything in a merge.  So thank you developers.  You didn't have to be so fair, and yet you were.  A good sign of things to come!

(2)  I tend to agree with SPHINX, PVP2 is a healthy thriving place, that offers gamers a North American option (language, time zone, ping), and a different player dynamic.  The major thing that has hurt PVP population has been the fear of a merge with asset loss during the merge.  So people jumped ship.   PVP2 has a "small town" vibe.  Players know each other.  Any single player can help change the arc of his nations future.  When you are one of 100 (or 60, or 50) active players in your country, you're important. Your presence can swing battles.  You voice can change national politics.   When you are one in 600 or more, not so much.  Sure the population could use a bit of a boost, but what you can possibly expect with rumor after rumor of merger wipes flooded the community for months?  I think if the developers said that PVP2 was here to stay for a while, the population would spike, from new blood and people coming back home.  Plus with the ability to merge servers without loss, I wonder what the harm would be in keeping PVP2 alive for as long as players will support it?

So I guess my point is, PVP2 can serve a purpose for the developers.  Its very different place than PVP 1.  Another option for its customers.  And options are good!!  If players prefer the "city life" of PVP 1, great.  If they want the north american server/ small town life where everybody knows your name?  Great.  They can go to PVP 2.  Options!

• Like 1

Two main thoughts:

(1) The developers have done a great job making sure the merge is going to work relatively smoothly and fairly!! I mean, two months ago, did anyone think they would be able to keep ALL of their stuff in a merger? I think some of the drain from PVP2 and PVP3 came from the fear that you would lose everything in a merge. So thank you developers. You didn't have to be so fair, and yet you were. A good sign of things to come!

(2) I tend to agree with SPHINX, PVP2 is a healthy thriving place, that offers gamers a North American option (language, time zone, ping), and a different player dynamic. The major thing that has hurt PVP population has been the fear of a merge with asset loss during the merge. So people jumped ship. PVP2 has a "small town" vibe. Players know each other. Any single player can help change the arc of his nations future. When you are one of 100 (or 60, or 50) active players in your country, you're important. Your presence can swing battles. You voice can change national politics. When you are one in 600 or more, not so much. Sure the population could use a bit of a boost, but what you can possibly expect with rumor after rumor of merger wipes flooded the community for months? I think if the developers said that PVP2 was here to stay for a while, the population would spike, from new blood and people coming back home. Plus with the ability to merge servers without loss, I wonder what the harm would be in keeping PVP2 alive for as long as players will support it?

So I guess my point is, PVP2 can serve a purpose for the developers. Its very different place than PVP 1. Another option for its customers. And options are good!! If players prefer the "city life" of PVP 1, great. If they want the north american server/ small town life where everybody knows your name? Great. They can go to PVP 2. Options!

We're play testing the alpha even though many of us are just playing the game. Odds are we have learned everything we're going to learn from low pop situations on current pvp2. Question now is if the game can still be dynamic under the new rule changes as one big pvp sand box. Maybe it can now or maybe it won't be able to handle the load or player attitudes in a big mix. As a player that still has most of his stuff on pvp2 I am not worrying about it too much. If the game went live tomorrow pvp2 population would just swell up way beyond the "small town" feel anyway. So it's not really worth arguing for a secluded server at this time in testing. Maybe when we get closer to live. But even then we may end up with high pops in both the EU and nort American time zones. May not be able to get small town again after release without a extra server set up for it. Edited by Bach

If i remember correctly at some Point in the past the characters from pvp1 were copied to pvp3. So effect this the merge?

Sorry Bad english :)

Your character doesn´t matter, if you have assets on pvp3 you will get them as redeemables in PVP1 no matter if you allready have a character on that server.

Your character doesn´t matter, if you have assets on pvp3 you will get them as redeemables in PVP1 no matter if you allready have a character on that server.

Ok. But its not fair ;). I did nothing for these redeemables then.