Game-Labs Forum

Clan Interviews by Jeheil : (Latest is SLRN)

Jeheil

The first in what became a 'thing' where I interview a clan and get the skinny on who they are, how they operate, what they want as a clan from our lovely Dev;s in NA going forward, also their clans tactical secrets (maybe not the last bit) :

Warning video contains an exclusive 'scoop' on Sorry operations (which maybe a terrible trap !!)

Other interviews in this thread

Brit Clan : AUSEZ

Pirate Clan : Captains of the Black Flag (aka Black)

Brit Clan : SRLN

Now....hows about a non-Brit/non-Pirate clan stick their hand up for an interview, would love to hear from you. Please PM on the forums.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 3

Great insight, they dont seem that evil :P TBQH they are fairly similar to us and just looking to have fun, though i must say the propaganda machine so to speak needs some adjustments, the way it gets written up at the moment just portrays a poor image rather then a more respected image, weather or not you care about that sort of thing is a different story :P

A agree with quite a few subjects brought up in the interview with development topics and issues, merging the server seems like a must as the population timezone difference at times almost makes the game feel dead and like there isnt much action, looking forward to a few more of these sort of posts as it was enjoyable to listen.

• Like 2

The stories about SORRY are fun. You want to know if they're true, right? You know the funny thing about stories ? Everyone always says they heard it from someone who was there. Then if you ask that person, they say *they* heard it from someone who was there, and so on. I bet if you went back 2,000 years, you'd find a bunch of centurions standing around talking about how Tertius lopped the heads off of some Carthaginian prisoners. 

Is much easyer to picture our enemy as evil, corrupt, immoral for give ourself an excuse when failing against, then admit the defeat.

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

The stories about SORRY are fun. You want to know if they're true, right? You know the funny thing about stories ? Everyone always says they heard it from someone who was there. Then if you ask that person, they say *they* heard it from someone who was there, and so on. I bet if you went back 2,000 years, you'd find a bunch of centurions standing around talking about how Tertius lopped the heads off of some Carthaginian prisoners. 

Is much easyer to picture our enemy as evil, corrupt, immoral for give ourself an excuse when failing against, then admit the defeat.

lol quite a quote from Band of Bros :D

• Like 1

Thanks.

I have gotten a bit of stick from a few folks regarding giving 'air' to a clan who are the enemies of many. 

My intention (misguided perhaps) was to give some insight into the corner stones of our community within NA, those corner stones being 'The Clans'.

I would love to do an interview into at least a clan from each nation, and then extend out to any clan who would enjoy the opportunity to be interviewed.

Some basic principles :

- It is a game (I know we put alot of time and emotion into it)

- All but the British clans are to me 'good' and the rest of you are my enemy....I try not (other than in jest) to let this taint the interview

- I do not focus any questions on the miniature of individual grievances.

By example, in this first interview with SORRY, a clan who have lots of 'strong' enemies, we learned lots about how they run their clan which I found interesting, we learned about how they craft, their focus on tactics and their command structure. They also had some really interesting ideas, concerns and impressions for the planned changes (Sailors, PB, Diplomacy etc). So I ask you enjoy these insights and feel free to still hate them.

Those of you who consider me some sort of collaborator, baddie by association etc. well, you don't need to watch.

.So I invite any of the clan leads to whizz me a 'forum' or 'in-game' message, I would like to do more of these, perhaps one a week as we play on.

• Like 3

I think the clan interviews idea is great and it was interesting seeing [sORRY]'s perspective. When you're fighting against the same handful of clans every single day without talking to them directly --- especially when the language barrier is a thing, it is enjoyable to get some insight from the other side in a "fireside chat" setting.

While [sORRY] is certainly notorious for a variety of reasons depending on who you ask, they are still players in our game world and I respect Jeheil for acknowledging that. I hope to see [sLRN]'s perspective in the future.

• Like 1

I really want to get Pagan Pete on this as he talks/accent like a pirate, and while The Captains of the Black Flag are not a Major clan on the Port Battle side we do Harass alot of traders/supply lines so getting him in a interview will be good fun.

However i totally understand at getting 1 Major Clan from each Faction first for Variety.

• Like 1

I have already received a PM from Pagan Pete, so hopefully I can set something up there. If one of the SLRN chaps would like to PM me (on Forum), I can whizz you an outline of the questions, you can add in any questions you think would be good to, then it is just a case of setting up a time :)

And its not just Pirates and SLRN, I know there are lots of other big clans out there FTS, AUSEZ spring to mind on the brits side and I would love to (language barrier allowing) do the same with EVERY nation....even the French !

Edited by Jeheil

I have already received a PM from Pagan Pete, so hopefully I can set something up there. If one of the SLRN chaps would like to PM me (on Forum), I can whizz you an outline of the questions, you can add in any questions you think would be good to, then it is just a case of setting up a time :)

And its not just Pirates and SLRN, I know there are lots of other big clans out there FTS, AUSEZ spring to mind on the brits side and I would love to (language barrier allowing) do the same with EVERY nation....even the French !

Sent

I think Jeheil exercised great Pirate craftiness British ingenuity in interviewing an inter-nationaly (in) famous clan right off the bat for his new series; he assured that every other clan out there will step-up to the plate for an interview.  if you are one of the "haters" of the gracious Mr. Jeheil for wanting to see his series be a success simply because he elected to interview [sORRY] first, then you (to me & numerous others) present as a small, petty, and uncultured person(s).  i wish Mr. Jeheil success in this new endeavor and hope you closed-minded detractors can see past your fear of [sORRY] and enjoy his hard work for the community as a whole.

• Like 2

I think Jeheil exercised great Pirate craftiness British ingenuity in interviewing an inter-nationaly (in) famous clan right off the bat for his new series; he assured that every other clan out there will step-up to the plate for an interview.  if you are one of the "haters" of the gracious Mr. Jeheil for wanting to see his series be a success simply because he elected to interview [sORRY] first, then you (to me & numerous others) present as a small, petty, and uncultured person(s).  i wish Mr. Jeheil success in this new endeavor and hope you closed-minded detractors can see past your fear of [sORRY] and enjoy his hard work for the community as a whole.

Sprung...so much for my cunning plan :)

While the AUSEZ hold the front against the Spanish (and were indeed blockading them) they took some time to have a chat about how Ausez formed, who they are, what they do and what they hope Naval Action will become.

Huge thanks to Ausez for their time.

Despite a couple of soundtests, I come over a bit loud in the first 10 mins...so adjust yer sound.

• Like 5

Next in my series of Clan interviews is Pirate Pete, an interesting chap who may well be one of them there 'loveable pirate' types. Pirate Petet setup the  Captains of the Black flag a pirate clan, this clan seems to be quite different in its approach and doctrines, enjoy.

• Like 5

I love that Pagan Pete talks during the interview in semi periodic dialect :)

Though I haven't seen him in a Privateer of late, always a Surprise. Is the interview a bit old in recording?

Edited by Cragger
  • Like 1

Ok, so in the latest interview, I managed to get hold of a couple of the "big nobs" at SLRN, Woodi and Heneage Dundas (sp).

A very interesting interview with one of the big Brit clans, SLRN (aka Sea Lords), lots of insight as to how they run their clan, their approach and hopes for the game. Thanks chaps for your time.

Oh and although I love interviewing Brits and if I ever want my daughter back Pirates, I would really like to do an interview with one of the other nations, whizz me an in forum mail if you are up for it and we will do the timezone dance to find ourselves 30 mins.