Game-Labs Forum

Ship Reviews by Jeheil (Latest Review : Wapen Von Hamburg)

Jeheil

Broadside weights:

• Connie: 504lb
  • Ingermanland: 636lb without the 6lb: 600lb

So much for you, Sir Nekonoko.

Your Ingers have a sligt advantage at longer distances which are negated due to low speed and bad maneuverability. Why bad maneuverability? Cause the Inger deccelerates like a brick. Do a turn and you are incredibly slow.

Connie has the speed advantage which is in 90% of all cases better than that bit more turning..

Hell a Connie outturns me all the time since the first countermove I do is slowing me so drastically that I am not turning well enough.

I played the Inger for 3 weeks and only in pvp. My groupmates got connies. In about 95% of all fights I did less dmge and didnt get as many kills. However I only sunk 3 duras but thats debatable if that was good luck, player skil or the ship's capabilities.

My experience:

• She cannot stand in line.
  • Her DPM is lackluster hence Connies sink you easily.
  • HP is non existant - if you put live oak you still dont have enough and you are even slower.
  • Her sails are too fragile. -> no royals mean you dont need to hit as many sails to do more dmge..

• Her masts are rock solid. Made out of titanium. Didnt get demasted once!
  • she looks gorgeous
  • can run from any other ship of the line

All in all the Inger is a worse choice compared to the connie. Which is a shame considering she is such a beautiful ship!

Against trincos and below she massacers any ship. (if you can ever catch them)

• Like 2

Broadside weights:

• Connie: 504lb
  • Ingermanland: 636lb without the 6lb: 600lb

So much for you, Sir Nekonoko.

Your Ingers have a sligt advantage at longer distances which are negated due to low speed and bad maneuverability. Why bad maneuverability? Cause the Inger deccelerates like a brick. Do a turn and you are incredibly slow.

Connie has the speed advantage which is in 90% of all cases better than that bit more turning..

Hell a Connie outturns me all the time since the first countermove I do is slowing me so drastically that I am not turning well enough.

I played the Inger for 3 weeks and only in pvp. My groupmates got connies. In about 95% of all fights I did less dmge and didnt get as many kills. However I only sunk 3 duras but thats debatable if that was good luck, player skil or the ship's capabilities.

My experience:

• She cannot stand in line.
  • Her DPM is lackluster hence Connies sink you easily.
  • HP is non existant - if you put live oak you still dont have enough and you are even slower.
  • Her sails are too fragile. -> no royals mean you dont need to hit as many sails to do more dmge..

• Her masts are rock solid. Made out of titanium. Didnt get demasted once!
  • she looks gorgeous
  • can run from any other ship of the line

All in all the Inger is a worse choice compared to the connie. Which is a shame considering she is such a beautiful ship!

Against trincos and below she massacers any ship. (if you can ever catch them)

Get better mates or get better at use it, also what wood is your?

My clan use ingermanland mainly teak,  buildstrenght/plankings speed roll with yellow copper plating/other spee modules/improved magazine/reinf mast , someone even use smaller cannons on middle-top decks for extra speed,a and no caronades on back  they go 12+ speed they can keep up with enemy liveoak conny-trincos, they get shitload of demast i made 11 demast in 1 battle    while my mates in conny got 1-2 sure demast is last ball but when you get 11 and other 1-2 is thx to the 32lb cannons , and i consistently get x2 x3 demast then others in my Ingermanland.

Regads turn i still see it superior to conny, even against wind you turn very well.  the augmented dps is a big need for a group like mine wich sometimes fight 7/10 vs 15 (we camp a lot enemy capitals so chance to be swarmed is high)

never got demasted once that for sure i agree 

the 32lb are made for demast trinco-connies like hell, also they penetrate always even at bad angle, dont forget the 4  4lb chasers gun setup wich make it a fantastic ganker/chaser

also the extra dps give no sense to use the trinco anymore, only issue is that Ingermanland are not that common not many have bp

a group of 4-6 Ingermanland allow your gank squad of conny-trincos to have enought dps and penetration for fight 3rd-bellonas  easly 

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure why the Dev's don't give the love to the Victory she deserves, her armour should be much higher compared to the Satsuma. Anyway here is my love letter to the Victory, her construction, life on the ship, history, Trafalgar and of course the in-game ship review. I have annotated so you can skip all the fantastic, well researched and amazing history and go straight to the in-game review if you wish.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
A ship review with a bit of a high end fleet tutorial in the background.

Perhaps the best capping ship of the line...why ? with 2 durabilities and a big crew you can wear your golden Sexytime upgrades. So you can play with 450 gold marines, boarding parties, Barracades, grenades etc....and cap them there prize ships.

• Like 1

Good vid and ty for the history.

I like firing the top deck and letting it dmg the sails and masts. But they really need to allow us to load different shots by deck. Would be great to fire chain from the upper decks that can't aim low enough and ball / dbl charge, whatever on the lower decks.

Not that you need it, but a tip at 10:35 I would have cut to starboard for a port side raking on the stern. Would've also put you up wind of him. At 19:57, had you turned your foremast level w the wind, it would've also leveled your ship even more. At 25:10 cut to port and fire starboard at him to get the upwind again. 27:25 cut starboard for the port side stern rake. Just my strat at always keeping to the wind side. :)

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne

Cpt B,

Yeh, I too would really love to load by deck, deck management is something that is become more important with the different "charge" options too. I have also noticed (and don't have a problem with it) that the ballistics now with a carro v a cannon are alot more "different" and should be, as such just blootering away with a mixed carro/cannon broadside at anything further out than about 150 is a waste of damage.

The UI would need a bit of love to support precision deck loading but that shouldn't be hard, the game gives you time to setup.

As for my rather questionable sailing, I find with the Bellona and the Pavel that "levelling the ship" (and I don't want to waste a slot with ballast) is really important, but to do that, then "remember" to put your sails right (as often levelling is counter to turning quickly) often leads to the odd brain-fart...where I attempt a turn with my sails counter to the quickest turn.

Having a red rudder of course....always helps :)

Thanks for the input.

• Like 1

Faster, more firepower and better armoured than anything other than a first rate, able to outrun an Ingie and carry more crew than a Pavel, the French Bucentaure, gifted to all Alpha testers by the Dev's is here for us all to enjoy, a short history bit, some specs and some action. Enjoy.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 3

It'd be a shame if some ships are entirely neglected due to weaker stats.

This has been the state of affairs for many ships.  Snow/Rattlenake over Brig.  Mercury over NavyBrig.  Surprise over Renommee.  Trincomalee over Essex.  Bellona over 3rd Rate.  In each case, same or similar Battle Rating in same rate. One ship emerges as the darling of its particular rate/battle-rating bracket, while its nearest peer remains a bit of an ugly duckling, 

It should be no surprise that Bucentaure-Pavel will similarly be a superior-inferior relationship.  Such would be the rule, not the exception.

Edited by Bramborough
  • Like 1

Interesting that your Belle Poule had a fire - I've been running a Belle Poule for a few weeks - and I have experienced far more fires on her than any other ship I've crewed in the game.  Including 3 fires in 3 separate missions in quick succession.

Do you have any observations on whether some ships have a different likelihood to catch fire?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Named after a Greek King of lore and legend, Nelson's favourite ship and a long and successful history, involved in many of the major conflicts of the age...but where does she fit in Naval Action ?

Special thanks to 7thGalaxy for loaning me his precious Agi

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If her stats were as good as her history this baby would be King of the world....as it is...she is a lovely looking mid-tier fifth rate. But oh the stories she can tell.

And a big o7 to Admiral Bobby Sands for lending me his baby :)....she still has errr a few durabilities left :)

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...