Game-Labs Forum

Ship Reviews by Jeheil (Latest Review : Wapen Von Hamburg)

Jeheil

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Renommee

The Renommee is fast, tanky and capable of dishing out a fair whack of damage, it may be a viable alternative to the Surprise and in PvP is a great 'chaser' with her top speed over 14knots. She also has to be one of the prettiest ships in the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The USS Constitution was built to bully Frigates and get away from Ships of the Line, perhaps the most famous age of sail ship in US history, how does she fare in game.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

Took my Ingie out for a run...interesting ship....huge damage but low armour, what role is best ? : Gun boat in a 5 man OW team (with some connies etc....probably not the best PB ship.....

• Like 3

Oh she looks lovely and sails quite well, better than her big sisters anyway, the quarter deck cannons are taking some getting used to, you can turn them off and then on after firing main salvo...but thats work !, she also demands alot of sailors on guns, which in fleet missions, where you are potentially putting broadsides out of both sides, can require some additional management.

I just wonder what her best role is (apart from looking good), who knows with the new port battle mechanics of course.

liveoak buildstrenght with extra planking tank like a captured 3rd liveoak so not that glassy  7600 hp

but make it fir  with copper plating etc is an excellent dps for a ganking squad goes 12.3knots , i am using it constantly in our gank squad, and i like it more then the conny, much more firepower the 32pounders really demast  frigs fast it turn better and look better then a conny also with 500+ crew is good at boarding

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 3

She's definitely a strong Gank Squadder. Fast enough for the job, and she can really do some damage! Build a fir version, and you're set. Just a bit weak on the old armor there. Her heavy guns help with softening up targets whether it's in rigging, crew or stripping some poor bastard in a Frigate's hull armor away.

I will do an Essex soonish...I have a couple more in my own inventory to do first, Essex does look nice though, I got the BP for it too, only a week or so before I can craft me one.

In the meantime, here is the Ingermanland :

but make it fir  with copper plating etc is an excellent dps for a ganking squad goes 12.3knots , i am using it constantly in our gank squad, and i like it more then the conny, much more firepower the 32pounders really demast  frigs fast it turn better and look better then a conny also with 500+ crew is good at boarding

Broadside weight is less, than that of Connie, less HP, less speed (if build of the same wood and with the same feats\upgrades), a bit better turning speed. So, apart from looking gorgeous what is it good for?