Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fonseca

Current status of the OW economy

Honestly, devs need to add a system similar to potbs. Players could see resource supply and demand clearly. Show history, price changes etc.. Right now we are somewhat blind and this is what we get. 

I want this: :D

eve-market1.jpg

Actually what I meant was that, as you can see, all resources are exhausted, and it is almost always like that all the time.

I remmember when the dev decreased AI resources output in order to get a player driven economy, seem like what we got was a player driven hoarding

Edited by Fonseca

Actually what I meant was that, as you can see, all resources are exhausted, and it is almost always like that all the time.

I remmember when the dev decreased AI resources output in order to get a player driven economy, seem like what we got was a player driven hoarding

True, but if we had a better cleaner window for sell/buy, resources demands, Traders could supply these ports better. Unfortunately, we are playing blind trade game. Soon, it will be only player based output, so if nothing is improved it might get even worse. 

Due to limited 5 slots production, players only sell directly to ship builders who can't keep up with ship building and satisfy all player needs for rates and Master craft quality ships. Only small % of materials actually goes to shops. Many who are trying to search for some materials in the shops end up with nothing, calling for help in nation chats to sell them at least something. You have only one choice - join a clan and try to work together waiting in line for weeks or you can try to outbid other hungry traders. 

Reality today.  :)

• Like 1

I saw live oak logs on sale in KPR for close to 700 a pop this morning lol

Right now, there is little incentive to take on the chore of partaking in an economy.  It is much easier to deal with people directly (via voice-com and in clan).  A market economy should be as easy and much more time-efficient than any closed-loop crafting group.  I want to be able to better interact with my nation's (and the game) economy, not just my clan and have it not be a chore and guessing game.

Wind is right.  More market information needs to be seen at the shop window.  Price and volume of sale histories and more options to trade via contracts, too. 

Edited by Kiefer Cain

Uhm.... bahia Honda is sold out on _lignum vitae_, of all the useless resources? I never purchased a single unit of LV in my life, if you cap 50t of that from a trader, you can build 15 santis with that. And because of that, LV is sitting untouched in most ports. No one needs it.

I don't believe that's a legit screenshot

But here's one, and that one damn well reminds me of a stock market:

qrMyTAC.png

Uhm.... bahia Honda is sold out on _lignum vitae_, of all the useless resources? I never purchased a single unit of LV in my life, if you cap 50t of that from a trader, you can build 15 santis with that. And because of that, LV is sitting untouched in most ports. No one needs it.

Buy LV for 250, sell it for 375 - why would it sit untouched given the new trading system and guaranteed profit for any resource regarding of its use or quantity?

what we have at the moment is no economy.

It is a basic framework that still has to be balanced out properly before it makes sense.

Right now the real value is labour hours or crafting notes. 

It is a framework that will be build on for sure. 

Buy LV for 250, sell it for 375 - why would it sit untouched given the new trading system and guaranteed profit for any resource regarding of its use or quantity?

oh wow, didn't realize that

But really, even if you get the entire 1 day production, that's a mere 12k profit for sailing around for half an hour. No thanks.

oh wow, didn't realize that

But really, even if you get the entire 1 day production, that's a mere 12k profit for sailing around for half an hour. No thanks.

Yeah, all resources resell to port that consumes them for 150% of original cost. If you do a run along the coast and visit several ports it can add up to a couple of millions rather quickly (especially if you come upon a port that no one visited for a few hours). That's why prices are skyrocketing in player market since people are reselling resources to ports rather than bringing them to the player market, effectively creating shortages that shouldn't be there.

Edited by Drunken Spelunking

But here's one, and that one damn well reminds me of a stock market:

qrMyTAC.png

I have a very stupid question (or not) How do I sell to any one of these players...do I have to wait till their on line? Do I highlight their name, if so how? Is there something I'm missing that would allow me to pick one of these players over any of the others? This is not a user friendly interface atm.

I have a very stupid question (or not) How do I sell to any one of these players...do I have to wait till their on line? Do I highlight their name, if so how? Is there something I'm missing that would allow me to pick one of these players over any of the others? This is not a user friendly interface atm.

You can only sell to the top contract (in this case to Bankomat). Once the top contract is fulfilled, the next highest pops up and you can then sell your items to that player. That's why players keep trying to outbid each other for the rarely available items such as crafting notes.

You can only sell to the top contract (in this case to Bankomat). Once the top contract is fulfilled, the next highest pops up and you can then sell your items to that player. That's why players keep trying to outbid each other for the rarely available items such as crafting notes.

That is a problem and hurts the market.

If you do want to sell to a different Captain (for some obscure reason) rather than the one with the highest bid you would have to PM or e-mail the Captain of your choice (depending if they are on-line) and  ask if they would like to arrange a meeting in port to trade. Otherwise as Drunken Spelunking states above the market will always fulfill highest bid contracts first.

Yeah, all resources resell to port that consumes them for 150% of original cost. If you do a run along the coast and visit several ports it can add up to a couple of millions rather quickly (especially if you come upon a port that no one visited for a few hours). That's why prices are skyrocketing in player market since people are reselling resources to ports rather than bringing them to the player market, effectively creating shortages that shouldn't be there.

Trading is completely broken! Before the patch you had a noticeable fluctuation in price dependant on stock in the port. (You bought some goods the price went up, you sold goods the price went down).Now prices appear to remain fixed. What happened to supply and demand? Ports can now have tens of thousands of goods in stock and prices remain high.(Both buy and sell ). Therefore almost all goods are sold there and none bought there so stock just keeps rising and rising and you have no hope of a contract ever being fulfilled there at a reasonable price.

The resource are empty because players can simply sell the to the AI rather than the players.  I am making 1 mill per day simply selling compass wood to consuming ports.  Before I sold to players via sell contracts, now it saves me time and money to simply produce, buy via contract and sell compass wood.  

• Like 1

^ This.  If they simply rolled back the latest econ change from the last patch things would go back to being more fluid, as well as there actually being resources available to players.  That being said, I am exploiting the current mechanic to bank money while I can.  

If you give people an exploit they are going to use it. Before I had to think to trade now I don't.  

• Like 2

For a guy who has 1300+ posts you clearly have no clue of what you are talking about, and you are even being rude questioning the authenticity of my screenshot :P to you

• Like 1