Game-Labs Forum

Port Battles : Spectator Mode

Would it be good/cool if once a flag is planted you could enter a Port Battle from the Conquest Map in spectator mode (no chat enabled other than to other spectators) ?

Maybe you couldnt click on ships to see their status (maybe you could)

Perhaps you could only view battles in which you were one of the nations (maybe not).

Annnnnnnnd why not as a second screen :)

Thoughts.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 4

Great Idea! I would love to have a spectator mode. The question is if this should be done "ingame" or over a "Steam watch option" where you could iterate through the battle participants and watch the battle from their perspective.

You are asking à ghost mod for the fleet leaders.... desagree

Well I am asking for a spectator mode, now I know in todays world each idea comes with elevnty-seven explots...but this could be attended too, now acutally a 'fleet leader' specific spectator mode has relevance to (that is what the flagship actually did).

However, any good in-game PB player now, uses map and looks around to asses the battle. Spectator mode wouldnt add anything more than that.

If it was so terrible, well it could run with an x-minute delay.

Almost every game mechanic could be used for exploits ... Just click on Steam Broadcasts and spy out any enemy player sailing along a coast and see which enemy ships and fleets are underway :-)

I think it s a good idea but afther the battle end because if too many are connecting it will make the battle lagguing too badly. I think it will be nice to have replay option that can allow people to watch their battle( like in total war game ).