Game-Labs Forum

Santisima Trinidad 1751, Manila Galleon

Niagara_1812

The 1751 ship named Santisima Trinidad was a 60 gun Manila Galleon, not to be confused with the mighty 1st rate Santisima Trinidad of 140 guns already in game. She was laid in Bagatao Island shipyard in 1751, and had a cargo capacity of 2,000 tones. On October 2, 1752, she was intercepted and captured by the British ships HMS Panther and HMS Argo. Her cargo valued at $1.5 million dollars, and the ship was valued $3 million. The ship was towed to Portsmouth, where both captains were rewarded 30,000 pounds.

Specifications

Tons burthen: 4,409 tons (2,000 tonnes)
Length: 167 ft 6 in (51.05 m) (gundeck)
Beam: 50 ft 6 in (15.39 m)
Draught: 30 ft 6 in (9.30 m)
Complement: 413

Manila Galleon Plans coming later...

Edited by Niagara_1812
  • Like 2

Did the brits convert that ship?

When i count the main deck they are 13 on the top one and 12 on the bottom one.

The stern does not have a balcony on the second on.

The guns on quarterdeck of the second one are fully incorporated into the planking/freeboard of the top one.

Also, a friendly side note, putting (with plan) indicated that you have drawings along the likes of:

xLIkbKc.png

This would allow the devs to actually build the ship. Images are good however impressions of her appearance yet not her build.

Did the brits convert that ship?

When i count the main deck they are 13 on the top one and 12 on the bottom one.

The stern does not have a balcony on the second on.

The guns on quarterdeck of the second one are fully incorporated into the planking/freeboard of the top one.

Also, a friendly side note, putting (with plan) indicated that you have drawings along the likes of:

xLIkbKc.png

This would allow the devs to actually build the ship. Images are good however impressions of her appearance yet not her build.

In 1757 she was redesigned to reduce her displacement, so yes. Also I just added another Manila Galleon blueprint.

In 1757 she was redesigned to reduce her displacement, so yes. Also I just added another Manila Galleon blueprint.

No offense intended but it feels like you're throwing images up without doing indepth research and cross referencing images that pop up in your search results. If I type in "USS America 1782" I get results that include British lineships and even photoshopped paintings of the USS Constitution. Try to be a little better when looking up ships to propose. :)

• Like 1

Also I just added another Manila Galleon blueprint.

As in, just a random blueprint? You realize that's about as helpful as creating a thread about a French Ocean-class 1st rate and then including blueprints of HMS Victory, just because she's of the same class (1st rate)? 

To top it off, there's no way that third blueprint in the OP is even of a ship from the same century as Santisima Trinidad. 

Edited by Arvenski

As in, just a random blueprint? You realize that's about as helpful as creating a thread about a French Ocean-class 1st rate and then including blueprints of HMS Victory, just because she's of the same class (1st rate)?

To top it off, there's no way that third blueprint in the OP is even of an 18th century ship.

Pretty sure the XVII at the bottom is an indication of what century :P

• Like 1

No offense intended but it feels like you're throwing images up without doing indepth research and cross referencing images that pop up in your search results. If I type in "USS America 1782" I get results that include British lineships and even photoshopped paintings of the USS Constitution. Try to be a little better when looking up ships to propose. :)

i just edited it now

after cross referencing (I get carried away with pics sometimes)