Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LarryFromSales

Trincomalee nerfed silently? (other changes?)

So I heard on Jodgi's speed trials forum (http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7212-ship-speeds-testing-and-discussion/page-13) thread that the trincomalee's speed was nerfed (again) and I haven't seen any patch notes to confirm this. There also aren't any patch notes for having removed the 1.5x BR mechanic. Can I get confirmation of exactly what's happened with this ninja patch and what else has been snuck in to the game by the devs?

Concerning the Trincomalee speed nerf, have other ship speeds also been nerfed to bring them in line? Because from what I'm reading of Jodgi's testing, a fir-speed Trin is now just as fast as a fir-speed constitution, and my fir-speed surprise would actually be able to keep up with a Trinc traveling downwind. This effectively removes the trincomalee's role as a hunter/chaser, because the constitution would be as fast, with more sail/mast health, more crew, more broadside health, and more firepower

Edited by LarryFromSales

Lots of ships speeds were reduced in 9.65. Renommee and Trincomalee were absolutely reduced that patch. That chart is comparing 9.73 to 9.3, this isn't surprising.

Lots of ships speeds were reduced in 9.65. Renommee and Trincomalee were absolutely reduced that patch. That chart is comparing 9.73 to 9.3, this isn't surprising.

Speeds were not reduced in 9.65. I believe you are thinking of the update to the harbour statistics page, which allowed mounted weapons to be taken into account reflecting the ship's true speed. Prior to this, listed speeds were not affected by mounted cannons, thus displaying unrealistically high speeds.

Edited by LarryFromSales

Speeds were not reduced in 9.65. I believe you are thinking of the update to the harbour statistics page, which allowed mounted weapons to be taken into account reflecting the ship's true speed. Prior to this, listed speeds were not affected by mounted cannons, thus displaying unrealistically high speeds.

They were absolutely reduced in 9.65. Noticed by players and confirmed by the developers.

They were absolutely reduced in 9.65. Noticed by players and confirmed by the developers.

Evidence?

These are the 9.65 patch notes.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11791-patch-965-crew-and-resource-production/

No mention of speed nerfs other than reducing frigate close haul performance.

Edited by LarryFromSales

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11826-what-have-you-done-with-renonme/

We said that speeds were adjusted the patchnotes

passport speed for ships is without cannons

the bug was that some ships had speed indicated with cannons and some without. 

Fixing the bug slowed down some of the ships. 

Renomee was had his close hauled speeds broken and it could outrun the cutter at 90 degrees - This was also fixed

They will need adjusting

Also remember from the Jodgi speed trials topic that accelerations on ships is not final and wind curves are not final and will continue to be tuned going forward.

My renommee still sails 13.8 with medium guns - not sure which guns are you using. 

I had done some speed tests with my Renommee the day before 9.65 came out. Re-did the tests the day it came out. Top speed at best angle dropped almost a full knot. The Trincomalee needing a nerf thread had people mentioning speeds being reduced.

It needed it anyways. Biggest ship able to be fully crewed at rank 7, most heavily armed at rank 7, fastest at rank 7, 4 bow chasers. I hope they get a bigger nerf bat.

Edited by Lennyo

Just got the chance to play again, (was away for last 3 days) can confirm that no changes were made to the Trincomalee's sailing profile. Mine still does 12.84 kn with long cannons. Concerning the Reno, I wouldn't know since I don't sail it. 

Edited by LarryFromSales