Game-Labs Forum

French player colludes with pirates to draw another French player into trap

Last night we were hunting some pirates that had previously pursued me while in my trader.

Later we returned to hunt the pirates but at first unsuccessfully, as we gave up and began to sail home Eomer from the clan LM message Norska to say that he had seen the pirates. When Norska arrived he advised him that as they were both in 3rd rates they could take the two pirates who were in a Constitution and a Trincomolee.

Eomer asked Norska to stop next to him so they could attack together then initiated combat against Norska and his two pirate buddies who bore LMO tags (the pirate version of LM i'm guessing) joined in presently capturing Norska's 3rd rate. During the combat Eomer stated they were using a cheat or exploit to do this.

Later during and after the end of the battle but before leaving the battle screen Eomer boasted about what he had done, invited others from the French nation to join the pirates and stated that after the wipe he would return as a French player. He also openly admitted that he lured Norska in to attack him with his pirate buddies. It appears that a group of LM were going pirate and this was there swan song as French players.

Myself and another SLMFR player were in the area and knew via messages that the combat was close to St George's. Arriving shortly after combat began and despite circumnavigating St George's we could find no trace of the combat or the swords indicating its location. This may be the cheat or exploit that Eomer spoke of. I was in a Pavel and my friend in a Surprise so could have easily tipped the balance of the combat.

Eomer has openly admitted collusion and spying and he and his two cronies Lapaluche and Bigorneaux should be banned. There are screen shots of all of this including conversations which took place.

.eJwNyjEOwyAMAMC_sAM2xqFk7UMiRBChIgUFOlX

Eomer colludes with pirates to draw Norska in.

.eJwNyksOgyAQANC7sAcGho-49SCGIEEaLESmq6Z

Eomer admits to cheat/exploit

.eJwNyjkOwyAQAMC_0AMLSzjc5iEWwggT4YBgU0X

French flagged with pirates

.eJwVykEOgyAQAMC_cAd2WWHFqw8xRAnSaDGyPTX

St George's in the background, this should have been easy for myself and my friend to find as we sailed right through here.

French language chat during and afterwards where Eomer invites others to go pirate.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/499147520055345453/DB0F758ECFFE653159C423774BF7B99636E3E55F/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/499147520055345884/065573B2AE37DFD0654C7E83C7B718ABE8891873/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/499147520055345453/DB0F758ECFFE653159C423774BF7B99636E3E55F/

Edited by Bulwyf
  • Like 1

Eomer has openly admitted collusion and spying and he and his two cronies Lapaluche and Bigorneaux should be banned. There are screen shots of all of this including conversations which took place.

Man, the game gives you possibility of attacking someone of your own nation. But... big trade off if you do this you go pirate. That's what Eomer did, nothing forced you to follow him, he's now not part of France anymore. As we all did in our clan, we all went pirate. I understand that it can be hard to get ganked by a nationmate who wants to become pirate but there is no reason to cry about it, it can only be done once per player. After that he is pirate.

Hello

I can confirm that these people are playing a toxic game for month now... and this last facts or facts similar to this one reported here happened when i was on yesterday.

We were a 100% French clan before yesterday, we are now a 100% pirate clan. I can't tell where your allegations came from.

Edited by Jennytall

Jennytall I wouldn't have minded had he just attacked Norska, what I mind is that he colluded with the other pirates while masquerading as a friendly to gang up on him. And if as he claims he cheated or used an exploit.

Edited by Bulwyf

The LMO Clan, a former French Clan has decided to go pirate... And use the occasion to lay traps like this.

There is now a LMO Pirate Clan.

Theses guys were always a bit of a rogue clan on the borders. I am actually not even surprised that they decided to go Pirates. I am more surprised that they decided to play it that way and use cowards traps like that instead of just attacking NPC.

Becoming Pirate doesn't force you to act like this. They choose too. But it say a lot about that clan.

Jennytall, yesterday you weren't full French.

The 22, there already was a part of your clan gone pirate, and you were ALREADY doing traps like that against random players.

So no, the transition wasn't in one day, and it wasn't a one time occasion. You did that for more than a day.

I am not sur about that case but collaboration like this is of the same levels of Alt account, spy account and are forbidden.

Edited by KuroNyra

Man, the game gives you possibility of attacking someone of your own nation. But... big trade off if you do this you go pirate. That's what Eomer did, nothing forced you to follow him, he's now not part of France anymore. As we all did in our clan, we all went pirate. I understand that it can be hard to get ganked by a nationmate who wants to become pirate but there is no reason to cry about it, it can only be done once per player. After that he is pirate.

We were a 100% French clan before yesterday, we are now a 100% pirate clan. I can't tell where your allegations came from.

Just to be clear the person posting this is not the person that was attacked. 

My only concern is that this chap MAY be recreating characters and getting his pirate friends to transfer his gear again at a neutral port. That might be the exploit he speaks of.

But as of now he has remained pirate. A shame that this poor kind hearted french player who tried to help his team mate out was caught.. 

The annoying part is that when people get bored of their factions and go pirate the pirate faction becomes huge.

• Like 1

Hi guys, i'm the one concerned here by the post

First of all, sorry for my english which is not perfect here (hey...everybody know that French ppl sucks in speaking another language)

So i'm here to clarify some things :

1: Yes, i lured Norska into a trap. But he was aware our clan was turning pirates, and i still don't understand why he spent the afternoon to ask me where were the pirates the chan was spoking all day long. When i saw he was alone with his 3rd Rate, and when he engage discussion, telling me he was hunting pirates, and trying to find them, yes, i lured him and push him into a trap (hey he wasn't forced to follow me....and he was aware of the situation with our clan). After all....i'm a pirate ;)

2: Yes i turned pirates when i attacked him (guys the game itself allows it! i don't know WHY must i be ban for that? i paid a big tribute for that: i'm now a bloody pirate! If the game does clearly gives the player this possibility, i don't think i can be blamed for doing this once to became a pirate)

3: Of course no, i'm not cheating ^^  i just said this to confuse him a little bit more so that he spend time typing text instead fighting.... I don't use any cheats, and will never use it (Hey, I may be a pirate, but not a griefer ;) )

4: Yes i invited other people to join the pirate nation just before turning myself a pirate, i have to admit that was a stupid idea and i regreat it. I did it coz lot's of ppl are complaining about the situation with big French clans and wants to play as independant/rogues. Anyway, apologies if it is not allowed.

5: When there is a fight, you have to be aware of the timing to join in or to see the fight. This is absolutely not a cheat or exploit. When i tagged Norska, i could not even saw your 2 teamates who where supposed to be south of St Georges. Also when i tagged they had the wind in front of them (if coming from the south) so it was clearly IMPOSSIBLE for them to arrive on time in the battle, should they see it, and they were probably so far that even when they arrived on the site of battle, they would not even SEE the battle as after some minutes it disappear (not to have an open world full of battle spots closed) (you have 2 minutes to join the battle before it closes, and then i think it's around 5 minutes before the battle spot disappear. THATS IS THE REASON WHY THEY DON'T SEE ANY BATTLE...they arrived far too late.

Next time please juste check this thing before accusing me of using cheat.

Asking for a ban of player is a serious matter Bulwyf, you can't ask somebody to be banned just because he sink one of your teammate ship when turning pirates. You can compare what i did with History when pirates "disguised" their ship with another nation's flag trying to lure their prey. I did the same things here...and i can do this only once (no way i re-create my account to come back in french nation and do this again, don't worry about that. I have many ships and properties (outposts) all around the map and i don't want to lose them doing this (or spending 5 hours transfering everything to a friend), THIS, would be a good reason for a warning, but i won't do it, i assure.

Hope you understand this better now, and i hope you will close this thread by yourself...and tell your friend to be more cautious with pirates next time ;)

Have fun! and please, accept you are on a PvP server, and accept that you will, one day, lose durability on your beloved ships. I know, that sucks, but that's the spirit of this great and promising game!

Regards,

Pirate Eomer

Determination is as follows:

1. It is perfectly within the mechanics of the game at this time to lure another player in this way.
  2. Saying "I'm using an exploit!" is usually trolling.  In the absence of any video or other evidence, the admission is pretty baseless.

Unfortunately you were caught up in a betrayal - it happens from time to time.  Case dismissed.