Game-Labs Forum

Piracy casual PvE Nation or Dificult Pvp?

I will start by saying sorry for My spelling (english is not My first languish)

I joined the Pirates when i started to play with the belive that it was more Pvp focusing and a bit more dificult.

But reality is that Pirates are just a nother nation where most pirats are more focused on PvE some times you see pirate vs. Pirate action. But most of the time it is PvE.

Now the Pirates have grown big. With a few big clans engagement in port battles while alot have come to the state where they just sit leaned back and do PvE missions.

The reason for this is simply the game mechanics giving biggest benefits to PvE than Pvp, often whit Pvp you have to sails for a loong time into enemy water and when you Come there you might not be able to find and plunder other nation players, other times you will have to fight against alot of other players, and in the end of the day the reward is so small that it is mostly a waste of time, it is hig Risk low reward when it should be the other way around.

My suggestion to change this would be that the xp. Gained would be the same if not a bit more as you get from PvE (you do spend alot of Hours on travl time and trying to catch your target) also the capture of shops should reward you more xp than sinking it, becus it is harder to do so, when you do cap a ship then you should keep the dur. It had before maby with a minus 1 on dur. And to make it worth taking out the big shiPS for pvp. Then ship from 3th. To 1th should have 3 dur. And all shops below should have 5 dur.

What do think?

Some players simply avoid PvP in a PvP server like the plague, no matter what.

Others simply do PvP all the time.

How do you win their hearts and minds and force them to do something they do not want to do ?

Oh, and you have the same issue in all Nations, not only the Pirates.

Hopefully this will get sorted out when the pirates get unique mechanics.

I think they should basically be the PvP team for people who like to PvP all the time and hopefully some means of helping them obtain this.

Currently, as you have noticed, they are just another nation and can potentially be filled with PvE carebears that just grind fleets all day and work on building 1st rates for PvT battles.

I would be interested in seeing a "PvP nation" forum up -- one that is basically incapable of playing the peace treaty / love and feelings / port flipping game.

May I ask which server you are playing ?

I think Pve is just a way to get enought money to upgrade your stuffs or learning the basic of sailing when you start the game then it becomes boring very fast. If you want to do more PvP then I suggest you set an outpost in contested ports, very closed to enemy water, you ll find alot of oportunities to do PvP. Dont stay in Mortimer, Capital town used to be the area for newbies that do PvE grinding and it s even safer now they set a protection zone that doesnt allow PvP anymore. But even in pirate waters, you still can easily find PvP, the neutral ports are the spots where national players dock their ships to hunt pirate, you can also find alot of pvp over there.

• 1 month later...

PM

Dear Developers,

Firstly I like to say you have created a beautiful and truely unique game that i am thouroughly enjoying! (im addicted ;P). However It is my opinion that there Is a shortfall within the Pirate "Nation".

It is my belief that the Pirate faction needs a re work, for this I have few ideas:

1. Limit the number of beginning Pirate ports, historically Pirates only truely sailed from a very select few ports with in the carribean.

2. Created a reputational based rank system in which Pirates have to sink or capture other ships to build there reputation as a fearsome pirate or raid ports (more XP and gold for PVP compared to PVE)

3. Create a "pirate hunting bounty system" in National Ports to promote Privateering, bounties should reputational based (I beleive this already happens in forums) and upon collecting a bounty it would give you an aproximate location and heading (e.g - Pirate Captain X wanted reward £100,000 last seen near Nassau heading NW) this would create an extra bit of added excitment and danger in the conduct of Pirate activities.

4. Allow raiding rather than capturing of ports, Pirates should be able to buy a flag for a Port ,similar to the current mechanic. But rather then announce it to the server through a server message, have it not annouced at all. The flag would serve merely as a means to raid a port. Once a Ports defences have been destroyed and the Port infiltrated Pirates would have full access to all resources within the Port with exception of player ships. (Just because they are much harder to procure then resources)

5. Captured ship conversion, in history a lot of Pirate ships were traditionally captured and repurposed merchant vessels and small warships. I believe the game should facilitate this as well it would add a level of personal customization unique to the Pirate faction. But still have the ability to build the available ships

6. Have Pirate Faction specific upgrades, Pirates were a unique society of people who had cut ties with the tradtional bonds of society to seek a criminal life among the seas. These people came from all walks of life and brought with them thier own attributes and personalities to which ever ship they called home.I think it would be awesome if Pirates had unique upgrades available within the Pirate faction similar to the new "charasmatic boatswain" e.g - you could have "Ruthless Buccaneer" which provide a morale and melee boost in boarding scenarios.

7.Have Player created Pirate "Jacks", traditionally Pirates created their own Jacks that were synonymous with Piratical acts and reputation. I think it would be awesome if Pirates were able to create thier own Jacks synonymous to thier actions within the OW. I am aware there would be a certain few who would abuse this to have volgar and demeaning things as thier Jacks but this could be easily policed with a reporting system. You could also limit it by having a standardized black background or a standardized set of objects that could be mixed and matched for customization.

8. Allow for Pirate Privateering, traditionally Pirates were hired by nations (British especially ) to commerce raid and hunt particular warships of a certain nation. Nations could place "Privateering Contracts" into a server wide database of a specific ship or a certain number of merchant vessels in which when in a Pirate Port Pirates would be able to see contract lists and choose contracts as they please. Once completed The Pirate would return to port and collect thier reward. Additionally Pirates would be able to fly the flag of the contractor nation and then once in combat would "hoist the black" thus spreading thier reputation.

Yours faithfully 

Captain saintjacktar 

Australian Flotilla 

Tattered Flags 

United States 

• Like 1