Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wilson09

Sovereign Military Order of Malta

Guys,

this idea came from my thread:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13343-conquest-mechanics-diplomacy-vassal-states/

Having suggested the introduction of Brandenburg-Prussia and the Duchy of Courland (and Semigallia),

and having posted it in the national forums, it can be stated that the German community is not much in

"need" of having a "German-related" faction. Unlike the Polish, they, in majority want to "adopt" a

Duchy of Courland, as it was a vassal of Poland-Lith.

So,

basing my research on the GamesLab-homepage...

You can sail under the flag of nations that historically had presence in the Caribbean

(had at least one port from 1600 to 1830)

• Spain
  • Britain
  • France
  • Holland
  • United States
  • Denmark
  • Sweden
  • Pirates?

Only 3 factions are missing:

• Brandenburg-Prussia
  • Duchy of Courland
  • Military Order of Malta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_possessions_of_the_Sovereign_Military_Order_of_Malta

So,

I am asking the Italian community? Would the Military Order of Malta very likely be adapted by the Italian

community as being a "Italian related" faction?

Is it of any use? Would you like it?

Thx for any discussions...

Territories_of_the_Knights_Hospitaller_1

Hospitaller_colonization.png

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1

Do we really need more factions?

Sure its cool for everyone to sail for their own nation but as far as gameplay and creating a dynamic RvR world i think its counter productive.

All it does is dilute the playerbase more.  People dont like playing these types of games alone.  The less people in their nation the more alone it feels.

Do we really need more factions?

Sure its cool for everyone to sail for their own nation but as far as gameplay and creating a dynamic RvR world i think its counter productive.

All it does is dilute the playerbase more.  People dont like playing these types of games alone.  The less people in their nation the more alone it feels.

I understand the concerns. Like others said, "Yes, but...gameplay...and so on"

Let´s just assume for the moment:

- it is playable

- it works

- there will be 10 factions

- if not Military Order of Malta they add another faction instead

Would you still like it?

Or would you argue "No, they were bad, not Italian" or something like this...???

Edited by Wilson09

Credo che non cambierebbe molto,gli italiani giocherebbero ,come ora,un po di qua un po di la.

Io personalmente continuerei a fare il pirata con la speranza che la fazione pirata venga rivista e gli venga dato quel tocco "piratesco" che al momento non c'è.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, the devs hinted at the possibility that players will be able to band together and create their own custom "player factions". This said, the game already has enough predetermined Nations, as well as pirates who are currently playing like a nation.

If a large enough playerbase of any nation feels they want to create Prussia, Russia, etc. they will/should be able to out of their own prerogative. 

• Like 1

Sinceramente non mi dispiacerebbe avere qualche altra fazione, e comunque l'unica ragione per aver scelto i pirati è stata per il fatto di non avere una nazione "italiana".

Personalmente approvo.

My personal opinion (not clan, not faction) is that the rich maritime history of Italy should be represented in the game, and the (brief) presence of the Knights of Malta in the Caribbean is a very good historical base to include Malta/Italy as a new faction.

Spain has a very active and well organized clan of Italian Captains, but I understand the desire to have something of their own.

Cheers.

Capitán de Fragata Don Sancho Navarro

• Like 1

Im interested in buying the game and was browsing the forums , I know this is an old topic , but apart from being one of the handful European entities that had Caribbean possesions i was curious if anyone knew that the Order of the Knights of Malta had a lot of Italian knights in its ranks , along side the Maltese native people  who were able sailors and corsairs the knights of Malta took part in pivital naval historical battles including fighting alongside the Venetians against the Ottomans , Supporting the Spaniards in the Conquest of Tunis and being part of the Holy League in the Battle of Lepanto among other naval clashes often involving Ottomans , Algerians and Barbary Pirates. The Order s Navy was a respectful and successful one ,  owned Galleons ( referred to as Vascelli ) , Frigates , Xebecs , Carracks , Galleys of several sizes and later during the 18th century had a few Ships of Line . Actually in the Order s ranks there were knights of English , French , Italian , Spanish , Portuguese and German Languages and during the Great Siege of Malta in 1565 Sicilian and Greek soldiers fought beside the Order to defend the island from the Ottomans so yes inculding the Knights of Malta  could ignite more interest and be a home in game for a host of Mediterranean people including the Maltese , Italians , Portuguese , Greeks , Cypriots and everyone who would like to sail under the Order s flag and the iconic eight pointed Maltese Cross.

Knights of Malta Navy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_of_the_Order_of_Saint_John

Order in the Caribbean :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospitaller_colonization_of_the_Americas

Great Siege of Malta    : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Siege_of_Malta 

Flags of the Order         : https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Flags_of_the_Sovereign_Military_Order_of_Malta

Maltese Cross.png

Edited by Seawolf7
  • Like 2