Game-Labs Forum

Capital Spying

Since EA there was never a chance to capture any AI bigger than a 3rd rate (wither no AI spawned bigger or no AI capping was allowed), and player ships could be capped before and can be capped still. I don't know what instance you are referring.

The operative phrase is highlighted for you.

The reinforcement fleets were reported to spawn equal force - so just "gank" your favorite crossteaming alt with some Vic's and Santi's and voila instant Vic and Santi farm. I mean come on -  haven't you even wondered how all the Pirates got all those Vic's and Santi's so quickly?

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed trolling/off topic/insults.
  • Like 1

The operative phrase is highlighted for you.

The reinforcement fleets were reported to spawn equal force - so just "gank" your favorite crossteaming alt with some Vic's and Santi's and voila instant Vic and Santi farm. I mean come on -  haven't you even wondered how all the Pirates got all those Vic's and Santi's so quickly?

Equal (BR) force - not equal ships. As I mentioned, in times when AI capping was allowed, AI would never spawn anything bigger than a 3rd rate.

Removed off topic.

Who gets banned? Why? Why that other person is not banned for the same thing? Spying? Where is the proof? How can you prove it wasn't just... well, making fun? What if someone really was just trolling without anyone getting hurt? How far can you troll before you get banned? What is trolling? What proof do you have of someone's intentions? Who gets to judge who is a troll and who is not?

Best way to get a toxic community. Fighting bad behavior is one thing, banning everyone left and right because you feel like it is another.

Your post is the best proof. It clearly screams - "I dislike someone and I want him banned".

In real life we have rules and laws. We follow the letter of the law. We also have that rather good thing of not putting people in jail for thievery because "this is surely why they jumped the fence!".

Proof and facts. You don't ban people because "they are bad apples

In reality I am a 43 year-old engineer.  However, as a second job, and mostly due to the fact that I have a valued friend who owns a tavern, I often am often asked to do security on the weekends.  So bear with me here, because I'm going use what we intelligent people call a "comparison".  The owner of this tavern (devs) wishes to have a squeaky clean image because he would like to have a good reputation in town.  Not only does it attract a higher end and more affluent clientele, but it also affords him the ability to get more work (developing the game) done.  He doesn't have to worry about stupid things like replacing broken glasses (tweaking anti-exploit rules), calling the police (deciding tribunals) or picking up vomit (explaining his every decision on the forums).  Instead, my friend can focus on expanding the menu (creating content that everyone wants), improving service (server and graphics optimization) and booking great bands (rules of engagement that people don't constantly try to exploit).

But how was this accomplished, you ask??  Allow me to answer.  When he took over this tavern, it was known as a place where you could easily misbehave and there would be no consequences.  As a result, the less-desirable elements of the population would go and do things that would involve fighting andverbal arguments and just generally trash the place.  "But there are rules and laws!!", you say.  Yes.  There is.  However, the rules and laws regarding that establishment (NAVAL ACTION) are provided by the owner.  As a patron, regardless of whether you have paid or not, you are bound by those rules.  Now, as the person who was tasked with enforcing those rules, I can tell you that it was always the same group of people who were attempting to break those rules.  I was given free rein to ban anyone who would not or could not obey the rules that the owner had put into place.  I actually only had to ban 4 or 5 people before word got out that the new owner wasnt going to tolerate that kind of behavior anymore.  And strangely enough, even the people who had been among the less-desirable customers started behaving in a better manner, because they were aware that they would be immediately banned if they didn't.   Consequently, business started to pick up because people could now bring their entire family or come in and not have to worry about getting into fights. 

Now I would be willing to wager that the majority of people who have received chat-bans or other type of punishment from the devs are NOT first time offenders.  I think some people are of the incorrect opinion that spending $40 allows you to do or say anything you want with no consequences.  I would think, from reading many of the admins responses, that people would have realized that this is not, in fact, the case.  "But, But But, its a sandbox and there are all kinds of kids in the sandbox", you say...  That may be the case, but I can assure you that if the admins ever decide to become a bit more liberal with the use of the almighty ban-hammer, people would have to decide whether they wanted to play more nicely or watch from the outside.

Again, just my $.02...  But you're crazy if you think "proof and laws" apply to things like this.  

Removed moderated content.

Equal (BR) force - not equal ships. As I mentioned, in times when AI capping was allowed, AI would never spawn anything bigger than a 3rd rate.

If you intend to forum PvP me, make sure at least you're right. Your personal attacks are not appreciated and next time you will be reported.

Perhaps I am mixing the maps I've seen (I might be a bit confused about exactly when a loophole was closed since I didn't use the exploit at all) since I've seen them all.

You seem to be purposefully missing my actual point: since AI warships can't be captured now - there is no reason to continue to keep reinforcement fleets turned off.

------

And your vain attempts to be provocative and make this personal fall on deaf ears - my google translate makes your tag line and your attitude clear to me.

Forum PvP - It means specifically mentioning people, clans, or nations and their actions in the game to prove a point.  What it results in is people pointing fingers and arguing about in game events rather than the mechanic that may be causing the problem.

Some of y'all need to stick to vague examples and stop with the finger pointing.  Others need to remember that respecting each other is the first rule of the forums.

The better thread for this discussion is here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13264-free-enemy-intel-thanks-to-the-no-attack-zone-around-the-capital/

Please use it, and avoid the in-game examples.

Thank you.