Game-Labs Forum

Capital Spying

Howdy all

Noticed lastnight a Spanish player sitting in our capital invulnerable zone spying on our capital and a large number of our ships gathered around who were unable to attack him, i F11 the issue, not sure if i took the screenshot of it as the report can be dealt with over time, i do however find this as a deliberate use of game issues that are being abused on a regulur basis, sure find the issue report it and leave not continue to abuse it, how do others feel about these constant abusers and should we do more to stop players from doing them?

How do others feel about these constant abusers and should we do more to stop players from doing them?

Unless the Devs actually state this is to be an issue... No.

Its a sandbox MMO, with a HUGE map.

Lots of places other then Capitals to go and role play guys  ;)

• Like 1

Unless the Devs actually state this is to be an issue... No.

Its a sandbox MMO, with a HUGE map.

Lots of places other then Capitals to go and role play guys  ;)

That can just be thrown back at you, there are lots of places then why come to the capitals unless u wanna grief and gank the newbies, its not just capital spying its been a whole list of other abuses/ exploits or what ever other name you want to call them that players continually abuse, maybe there needs to be harsher consequences to their actions as all its doing is slowing and harming the game further, thats why we cant have certain features as there are those out there that will abuse and ruin the systems!

• Like 1

That can just be thrown back at you, there are lots of places then why come to the capitals unless u wanna grief and gank the newbies, 

This is why...  :)

Not just newbies around your Capital my friend.

If the pickings are this rich, why leave?

As for the exploit / abuse of spying. It is something the Devs will have to consider & maybe add mechanics into the game.

• Like 1

Had the same issue with a Danish Player in front of Gustavia sitting there for hours. Quite annoying.

Foreign nation's Players shouldn't just not be able to enter a capital's invulnerable Zone. Simple as that.

Edited by Guest

Not just newbies around your Capital my friend.

If the pickings are this rich, why leave?

As for the exploit / abuse of spying. It is something the Devs will have to consider & maybe add mechanics into the game.

Bahaha that would be my classification of a newbie taking out a 1st or 2nd rate ship to grind, thats just asking for a ganking.

Unfortunately capitals are the life of the nation, most people craft there for its safety, you can't lose your warehouse and ships as the port cant be captured,.

The new players coming through all want help to understand the game and we want them to enjoy it so we bring more population to the game servers, at the end of the day we want people playing the game not getting annoyed with all the crap that occurs around the community and servers, its easier for them to log off and not come back for a few weeks rather then try grind and get ganked time and time again. Its obviously fun for the gankers as thats why they do it but at what cost?

I would agree it's a source of irritation and should possibly be fixed in the future.

I would hold my horses with calling everything another "horrible exploit" done by "awful terrorist players" and such. Come on, we can do without another one of these, can we?

I would hold my horses with calling everything another "horrible exploit" done by "awful terrorist players" and such. Come on, we can do without another one of these, can we?

Wow, where did that come from :P the word abuse was used as this spying thing is more of an abuse of mechanics though the word exploit was used describing other cheats that we have all seen and report, its more the continued abuse of them rather then just reporting and moving on, what purpose does it serve other then cheating which is why they should be dealt with a little more harsher to stop continued abuse.

Sigh.

Yes, ban them all for starts, then VAC ban them because why not and finally get them fiscally responsible. Them horrible, awful people need to be stopped! Then need to be punished! Then need to give way for our FREEDOM!

Something like that, yes?

Seriously, stop this circus.

I would agree it's a source of irritation and should possibly be fixed in the future.

Get off your high horse - it's bad for the game to have the most efficient killers from the other factions form a gauntlet right outside the home port of the designated "plunderee" faction.

Any mechanics that allow it are seriously FUBAR.

Sigh.

Yes, ban them all for starts, then VAC ban them because why not and finally get them fiscally responsible. Them horrible, awful people need to be stopped! Then need to be punished! Then need to give way for our FREEDOM!

Something like that, yes?

Seriously, stop this circus.

The only circus here is you mate, so do us a favour and leave these kind of silly replies out of it, would be more beneficial to post a more constructive post on ways we could stop the continued abuse of mechanics, how would you propose a stop to it without being a clown? Edited by Ronald Speirs
  • Like 1

That can just be thrown back at you, there are lots of places then why come to the capitals unless u wanna grief and gank the newbies, its not just capital spying its been a whole list of other abuses/ exploits or what ever other name you want to call them that players continually abuse, maybe there needs to be harsher consequences to their actions as all its doing is slowing and harming the game further, thats why we cant have certain features as there are those out there that will abuse and ruin the systems!

Its up to the Community to be mature and not use a game Exploit. 

The Devs NEED to deem it as an exploit, then when it is F11 a week off can be giving.

This is all that can be done until the Devs can fix this "OBVIOUS EXPLOIT"

I Have no Problem in the act of 'GANGKIN" Ships in front of ANY Ports at ALL, Just do it fairly, if not, you are just a TROLL that cant play.

• Like 2

Had the same issue with a Dutch Player in front of Gustavia sitting there for hours. Quite annoying.

Foreign nation's Players shouldn't just not be able to enter a capital's invulnerable Zone. Simple as that.

They should, but we should be able to tag them.

Edited by 312_Jura
  • Like 1

This is serious issue not only for current game customers, but future ones. When game reaches beta stage or will be put on sale, all the new players that join us will be scared off by high level gankers in their exceptional PvP fitted ships sitting outside spawn town. They either stop playing or refund the game if they won't be able leave a home port. Game is already very unfriendly to new players and player numbers are dropping.

There are few easy to implement ideas that will fix current issues and improve overall gameplay:

- create larger non-combat PvP zones around national capital and nearest 2-3 towns;

- AI fleets should chase and attack on sight enemy player ships;

- bring back reinforcements for defenders in their friendly territory;

As long there are no consequences or disadvantages for sailing deep in enemy territory the situation won't improve. Going after enemy capital should be a challenge for attacker.

• Like 1

This is serious issue not only for current game customers, but future ones. When game reaches beta stage or will be put on sale, all the new players that join us will be scared off by high level gankers in their exceptional PvP fitted ships sitting outside spawn town. They either stop playing or refund the game if they won't be able leave a home port. Game is already very unfriendly to new players and player numbers are dropping.

There are few easy to implement ideas that will fix current issues and improve overall gameplay:

- create larger non-combat PvP zones around national capital and nearest 2-3 towns;

- AI fleets should chase and attack on sight enemy player ships;

- bring back reinforcements for defenders in their friendly territory;

As long there are no consequences or disadvantages for sailing deep in enemy territory the situation won't improve. Going after enemy capital should be a challenge for attacker.

The reinforcements i gather wont come back as it was there were to many players using alt accounts to exploit and get easy fleets to kill and level, but that also showed how many hated the grind that they would resort to this :P

The only circus here is you mate, so do us a favour and leave these kind of silly replies out of it, would be more beneficial to post a more constructive post on ways we could stop the continued abuse of mechanics, how would you propose a stop to it without being a clown?

Removal of protection zones, impenetrable protection zones, timer on entering protection zone (leave within 2 min or sink, restarted once every hour) - pretty much anything but banning people left and right.

I agree this is a problem. I disagree with punishing everyone for everything. Just listen to what you are saying:

"People are sailing next to my capitol, PUNISH THEM!"

Are their intentions dirty? Likely. Can you prove it? No. Maybe it's a spy, maybe it's someone "resting" in no-PvP zone. Is this a problem? Yeaaah? Is it worth anyone's time to chase and punish? Hell no.

If your first reaction to any problem is to have a strict code saying how to play and punish anyone else, you will end up scaring people away. People want to play a game and if they can - yeah they will find a way to game the game. But start punishing people for everything and you turn the game into something you cannot "play" without lawyer telling you if you're not going against rules.

Not every "exploit" is worth chasing, much less punishing. It's a game, not a prison camp for war criminals...

• Like 1

Had the same issue with a Dutch Player in front of Gustavia sitting there for hours. Quite annoying.

we have switched off the attack in capital zones to reduce trolling by alts - who attacked enemies pulling whole fleets into battle.

If captains agree that pulling fleets into battle by alts is a lesser evil we will switch the defensive attack back on. it will allow you to punish campers immediately in the vicinity of the capital.

They should, but we should be able to tag them.

And the enemy player shouldn't be allowed to use teleport within the protected zone B)

we have switched off the attack in capital zones to reduce trolling by alts - who attacked enemies pulling whole fleets into battle.

If captains agree that pulling fleets into battle by alts is a lesser evil we will switch the defensive attack back on. it will allow you to punish campers immediately in the vicinity of the capital.

Have to say I think it is a lesser evil.  Sure I've been pulled frustratingly into a battle against a small ship, but really it's a couple of minutes and you're back out again. 

Also on the flip side, often I'll get pulled into a battle that someone has started against a big AI fleet. This was is great XP, especially for lower level guys.  Again, if not interested, just leave the battle.

I don't like to bring back the attacking possibility within the protected Zone because of your right said concerns.

My Intention was that an enemy Player should not be able to sail into a protected Zone. I guess that would have the most simple effect without bringing back the Trouble of Alts attacking fleets within the protected Zone.