Game-Labs Forum

1.5x BR limit mechanics explanation?

LarryFromSales

Can someone explain to me how these mechanics work? To my understanding it simply means that no one can join a battle after the initial tag that would imbalance the BR by a factor of more than 1.5x.

And yet, a few minutes ago I was tagged by a belle poule in my surprise, and after the battle started (30 seconds in), a frigate joined the belle's side. If my understanding of the mechanics applied, this should have been impossible, because:

Surprise - 140 BR

Belle Poule - 180 BR

Frigate - 170 BR

140 BR x 1.5 = 210

180+170=350

350>210 Therefore the frigate should be incapable of reinforcing the belle. 

But he was capable of reinforcing the belle. Why?

http://imgur.com/yL2wkC4

Edited by LarryFromSales

The only thing the BR limit seems to do is to check the BR difference after each players to see if the limitation is reached if yes it closes the battle, if not, it lets it open.

It doesn't seem to care about the actual BR difference.

In your case, if 210BR is the limit before the battle is closed, then they could stack a few ships so it ends up at 209BR on their side, which won't close the instance,  and then let in a Santissima if they wanted to.

• Like 1

the BR limit needs to be surpassed before the battle closes (or the 2 minute join timer needs to elapse).

This means that if the current BR ratio is 300:200 (1.5x exactly) the higher side can still add another ship.  Any ship they add (from Basic Cutter to Santisima) will then cause the BR to go past 1.5x, which will then prevent further joins on the higher strength side.

• Like 1