Game-Labs Forum

Post-v9.72 Capturing and Ship Availability Suggestions

1.  Allow capturing of combat ships 3rd Rate (not Bellona) or below via PvE again.

Leave the 1st and 2nd Rates (and Bellonas) as player-crafted "end-game" content.  Some of us have the required crew rank to sail SOLs, we can afford to buy SOLs, however due to naturally occurring favoritism (no slight intended), we're so far back in the queue as far as ship orders go that we're like to never actually see said order fulfilled for one reason or another.  The ability to capture a 3rd Rate at least gives players that are not in the largest clans, and who may not have the appropriate connections to the high-level crafters a foothold in the SOL category so we can be useful where SOLs are applicable.

Also, capturing a ship and having it automatically converted into gold is boring as ****, thus a large portion of our entertainment is now gone.

2.  Sell Common/Green ships (more rare than Basic/Grey) via the NPC system at ports (Regional Capitals perhaps?) up to 4th Rates.

No one seems to bother to craft Common quality ships really after the first few crafting levels, once resources begin to add up and offer diminishing returns on labor hours invested (and BP drop chance) for anything less than Fine/Blue, or Exceptional/Gold.

Freebie ships of the line should not be a thing.  They are great investments and should be treated as such.  Also risk free pvp is a terrible thing in a sandbox/open world pvp/rvr game.  Would rather make the matchmakers loss free at reduced rewards.

Edited by Trevish

I like it as it is now, the issue wasn't only with SOLs.

If availability really is a problem, I say adjust player production rates instead. But my guess is it will resolve itself once the initial demand is met.

I'd like to give capturing up to Belle Poule level a shot.

Captured third rates being turned into cash should be tested for a while however, to see if it means small nations becoming unable to field PB fleets.

btw, removal of combat captures is a direct nerf to crafting, as in many clans it was common practice to break bad third rates (fir wood, bad trims) for the large and medium carriages.

To OP

I fully disagree with you

i think you don't want have any changes in you gameplay. keeping 3rd rates, no 1 and 2 nd or bellona it's seem it was we get pre patch

Morover you want that NPC store sell good qualites ships that will just kill the crafting system
- why will i get to 4 harbor, buying ressources , crafting all parts and then crafting the ships ( all process , 2 H ingame at least and 2 days IRL ( for labor hours )

-or i will just go for PVE , make 2 battles , earning golds , xp and fun and 1h30 to get my mastercraft consti ...

The new mecanics it's very nice to mee, you can still buy ships in NPC store, (not all available at the same time) or craft ship, that will boost trading and crafting and privating ( traders travels)

you can still capture ennemy vessels for your own, that lead to an incentive to go PVP.

Edited by tatannn

I for one would like to cap up to Reno's, cerb, and surprises. As schooners, cutters, brigs, and light frigates all make excellant privateering/freelancer ships and not dedicated warships unlike conni's and thirds. Or have the Age of Pirates/sid meirs pirates capturing crew percentage system in the game.

As a plus would love to send capped traders to port with there cargo so I don't fill my hold.

With all the buffs ai got now, capping is a challenge.

Edited by iR_Willow