Game-Labs Forum

Regarding the damage log - Ctrl L

Captains should avoid using combat log as a reference for anything. 

It was done when the damage model was 1.0 (ship was 1 big wooden block with all internal parts hanging on probabilities)

Damage model was improved 4 times (2.0, 3.0, 4.0)

Now for example if you cannon flies into an empty gun port and flies out from the opposite port - it still considered a penetrating shot in the combat log. While it is not. This cannon ball can fly through your ship and hit another ship. Damage log does not take this into account, does not take multiple parts hit into account, does not take fly through raking hits into account when cannonball hits stern glass, then rudder upper parts, then hit a cannon and ricochets into crew.  

Please ignore CTRL L. It has no use, is outdated and is not maintained for almost 1.5 years. 

• Like 5

Is the number of guns fired also not correct?

I've encountered a strange thing twice.

I had a whole broadside loaded, fired the whole broadside, but only some of the guns actually fired, and I had to reload the whole broadside again.

The combat log indeed showed only 10 (of 14) guns fired.

If it happens again, I'll file a report.

Is the number of guns fired also not correct?

I've encountered a strange thing twice.

I had a whole broadside loaded, fired the whole broadside, but only some of the guns actually fired, and I had to reload the whole broadside again.

The combat log indeed showed only 10 (of 14) guns fired.

If it happens again, I'll file a report.

No need. The log isn't supported and isn't accurate. Filing bugs on it is a waste of time. :)

No need. The log isn't supported and isn't accurate. Filing bugs on it is a waste of time. :)

I wasn't going to file a report on the log. I was going to file a report on my silent guns.

I was just asking if the cannon shot count in combat log is accurate, because the combat log supports my findings about some of my guns not firing in the given broadside salvo from time to time. Happened to me twice already.

Edited by 312_Jura

@ Admin :

Is the current shot log incorrect to the point of not reporting correctly the number of guns fired ? 

While testing and timing out the canons reloads times i noticed that shooting full broadsides at the start of a mission the number of shots reported in the log were not accurate sometimes.

For example the other day shooting a full boardside with the Essex once the initial reload have been completed, 20 guns on each boardside shot at once and seeing the log reporting only 17 or sometimes 18 shots fired per side.

Is this something to worry about and test deeper or the log is wrong and we should not even take in account the shots fired and reported ? 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...