Game-Labs Forum

An unapologetic Piratehunter

jasyaryar

His name was Antonio Barceló, Toni for friends. As usual, if he had been French, or elsewhere, would novelazas movies and his biography. But he had the misfortune to be Spaniard, ie Spanish. With apologies. That is a historical misfortune as any. The fact is that this guy is one of my favorite marine fire-eaters. I have his picture framed in my house, next to his office colleague Jorge Juan, and the Naval Museum of Madrid is a picture before I always take my imaginary hat: D. Antonio Barceló your email jabeque yields two galleys Algerian. The son of a merchant navy and privateer, sailed as a boy on his father's boats. The first achieved fame with just 19 years, in 1736, when he sailed as skipper of jabeque mail Palma to Barcelona, and began to realize the candela North African pirates who infested the western Mediterranean. In those days, as there was no television news where demagoguery, the pirates were directly applied Article 14. Barceló And Toni, who knew it was not for calico and ways of trans-and intersex, apply it as anyone. Minister Moratinos and Chacón have done few press conferences with him. Proof of this is that, despite being a merchant seaman and not the Royal Navy, there could only be official and heads the boys of good family, was ascending on this, over the years, from ensign to lieutenant general, to along a row, haphazard and knife life seafaring life. Put another way, a pure eggs. 

Too bad, we insist that film, like many others in this country stupid never did. Neither will. Barceló fought battles and approaches one end of the Mediterranean. Fought the pirates and corsairs, and made himself privateering war with spectacular results. Without complex. Promotion to lieutenant succeeded by catching the knife of an Algerian jabeque, which cost him two wounds. Only between 1762 and 1769 scuttled 19 pirate ships and North African corsairs, made 1600 prisoners and released more than a thousand Christian captives. And ten years later, his jabeques, sailing glued to the ground and sneak up on beaches, prevented the Spanish expedition against Algiers ended in disaster. Were unfavorable to the lyric times, and of the Spanish armed forces humanitarian Acme will be brought to the Barceló, like all pretty loose. Somalia Algeria was then, more or less, then the tuna protected his way: in 1783 it was with a squadron to Algiers, fired 7000 cannon against the city and burned 400 houses. No muss. 

I also said it was Spanish, and that has its tolls. Envy and bad faith accompanied him throughout his life. His colleagues in the Royal Navy could not see or painting, and went crazy that the stick. He had, of course, friends among his peers. It helped that his person and character, disinclined to play jingle bells. It was rough and low-education man he knew only write their stone deaf by the noise of the guns-name, brusque manners. Nor was handsome, as the scar of a saber he fronted crossed from side to side. Occupational hazard. But crews adored him, fought for him like wild beasts and accompanied him literally to the very mouth of hell. Won honors and booties, surrendered enemies, astonished the king himself, and sent ships and squadrons to 75 years. He retired at last to Mallorca, where he died between respect for all. It was one of the few cases in which Spain did not act like ungrateful stepmother and appreciated the services rendered. His fame was such that in his time ran a famous tenth verses, dedicated to him, which concluded: "It's going like it should dress / little trust in speech / but if it comes to fighting / what has always been"

post-2801-0-09017900-1406477323_thumb.jpg

The mail jabeque Antonio Barceló dismisses two Algerian galleys - 1738 - Culture DNA