Game-Labs Forum

Trade bug or...?

Pigafetta

Problems

I was very happy to see that finally we could buy more than 200 goods at the same time.

I went to my usual provider of Historical Artifact and the price was 150. Nice, I thought, so I bout it all:

1080 x 150 = 162.000

Then I went to a port where Historical Artifact were needed... The price was 225 as usual. A nice profit in sight I thought...

1080 x 225 = 243.000

WRONG. I got only 120.960

Am I missing something? I tried again with American Cotton... same results!

Any help?

You filled needed amount at 225, after that demand and price dropped? Always sell in small batches and record price change.

Let's say port needed only 500 Artifacts, after that they are not obligated to pay 225. In this case it looks like port made tons of profit on you. 

• Like 1

I had the same problem today. I run a few tests and it seems prices are not dynamic anymore. The same thing you discribe happened to me too. BUT. Usually when you sell stuff you are shown the total amount of money you are going to get for the lot you are selling. Sometimes only the amount of goods is shown though and now money. When you sell under those circumstances you only get half the money you should. When both amount of goods you sell and amount of money you are about to receive are shown, all is fine. 

This happened to me on two occasions today. Both times I had picked up ore in Georgetown and attempted to sell it at two different locations for 222 / unit. Instead I was only paid at 111/unit at each location.

You filled needed amount at 225, after that demand and price dropped? Always sell in small batches and record price change.

Let's say port needed only 500 Artifacts, after that they are not obligated to pay 225. In this case it looks like port made tons of profit on you.

I could understand this if the sell price dropped after I had sold my iron at 222. However, after accepting my iron at 222, and only paying out at 111, the sell price still remained 222. If the port had only wanted, say 50, at that rate, then it should be indicated; or am I expected to sell ore 1 unit at a time, and stop when I'm suddenly paid half??

I'm having money disappear too. I log all my trades and count my money whenever I empty my cargo, and my last route only gained me 80k, but should have been around 600k.

When I arrived in Basse-Terre I clicked the Sell button and maximized the amount-input. It went to around 2371 or so. Got an error (as seen in the last screenshot). Tried again and it seemed to work.

p7RCFKG.png

ehQTJ8y.png

Edited by Svartschegg

I am having the same problem but only with some goods, Batavian Spices, Port royal price in shop 300 paid 150, luckily I have been court earlier today selling gold and checked by just selling one. some goods such a iron sold as per price. so its is not just strait forward, 30 min later Batavian spice sold at the listed price of 300 totally inconsistant

You need to sell one and if it match the current price sell others. basically stop me trading in store and because it is so inconstant you simply can't tell when it will happen this need fixing not just waiting till next up date with more bugs. love the game but the last patch while it introduced some good changes made the game more buggy and inconsistent.  not heard more than one positive comment since last update, 

Edited by ianhclark