Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.7 - Land sighted

admin

Im also interested in due to the fact you no longer get the BP twice if you already have the ship

so that lowers BP selling 

But also no longer being able to cap NPC ships which means you can no longer dismantle them for the BP

so the only way to get a BP now is to dismantle player ships?

Mhh. I can see this having a massive impact on the game. Players won't sell BP's now since they won't be getting any surplus ones. They'll need to keep the ones they do get.

Due to the fact you can't cap ships, this will mean a much higher demand for craftable ships. Happy happy days for players who already have the main BP's. Not so good for new crafters starting out.

So unless I am mistaken there's going to be less crafters making ships, higher demand for them and no new crafters joining the fray. Ship prices will soar.

Or am I missing something? Admittedly I aint a crafter.

• Like 2

There is still no mention of how the Softening Ganking change (the entering battle with 1.5 br) affects others sailing with their friends on the hunt in OW. I confess, I do gank pirates on the OW and that's all my clan does as a group (US). However, my issue with this change lies in the fact that others of different factions cannot be apart of the fleet which tags the other group.

What I'm saying is this drastically limits who we can hunt with. A common ground of hunting pirates has been revoked with this change in a very severe way. The devs have said before, and evidenced by the locking of an entire forum because people couldn't play nice with each other. Please rethink this change with international play in mind. As of tomorrow, international play, even between friends will be removed from the game.

We regularly hunt with members of the British nation, and with this change, we will not be able to incorporate our British friends in the hunt. A player should not be forced to switch a nation in order to play with a group of people who he enjoys playing with.

Edited by Crayon
  • Like 3

the position on the BP has changed over time and the way they work might change in the future even more.

If you learnt a skill - lets say a skill building a certain ship a certain way - we believe its kind of hard to transfer it to someone who has not. 

I am fine with this change - but, it would be great if the knowledge of BPs transferred between servers along with crafting levels.  Having moved form Pvp2 to Pvp1 and now having to unlock things all over again is a pain in the %*$@#!

So ganking will turn from 5 people in Renommees and frigates.... to 5 Privateers/small ships Pulling in bigger ships.

with the BR change it'll just force gankers into smaller ships or different setups.

Heck it'll be like 4 pirates in Privateers and 1 in a Frigate as the flagship.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 3

This patch looks great...can hardly wait to test it out.  Not sure what all the complaining is about because no one has tried the patch yet.  Saw the same thing after the announcement for the last patch...but there are still a lot of players still on the servers.  I hope the Dev's keep up the good work.  Cheers!

Sounds like "good work".

TEST it and don´t bash it before TESTING.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

(W. Churtchill)

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 2

I agree that capture NPC ships should not result in a free ship. Even if pirates does it sometimes for getting a new ship it destroys the balance.

And of course pirates have had with the britains the first level 50 ship builders on pvp1 so yeah pirates are able to build ships.

i like nearly all of the changes, because i think more content with pve will bring more movement and more pvp into the waters, but the new restrictions with the BR will destroy it again. The renommee is already overpowered if you know how to use it.

5 vs 1 isn't pvp. If you want to have pvp search for equal fleets or ships. This update will bring this. No more ganking. Now we can talk about fighting.

• Like 3

and others Little nations like spain, no crafters no ships.

Big nations are doing the same. But instead of this crafted ships are now more worth. No throw away ships jumping on one 1st rate. No more (hopefully) endless flag buys and port battles with those throw away ships. Now you have to build and plan your activities. Sounds more like tactic and stragety now instead of farming and ganking.

Repeat the big nations are doing the same. Hopefully we will see less 3rd rates and connies now in every nation. Will take some time till all are destroyed but this will be a good change.

• Like 2

PvE content

• Large NPC fleets added to open world
  • Generated Epic events adjusted to your group size have been added to the open world (randomly placed)
  • Fleet orders added to mission list – allowing players to participate in group NPC battles
  • Fleet orders can be entered as a group
  • You can now take missions of every level (both fleet and single ship missions)
  • Important: Combat NPC ships are now transferred to the admiralty after capture – admiralty immediately provides the compensation for the captured ship durability. But you cannot capture NPC ships any more. Trading ships can be captured.

I applaud the added variety of PvE content.  Especially the large fleet engagements.  Players need more practice in chaotic battles for RvR purposes and this sounds like it will be a challenging training ground on the scale it needs to be for practice sakes.

As far as the removal of capping, I understand the reasoning.  You want these top grade ships to appear in fleets for the sake of variety, but you don't want them to proliferate all over the player base freely as 1-dura capped boats.

I will caution you however that this will put more pressure on the current level of crafting resources in the game.  Not just the labor hours, but the material resources as well.  Since the introduction of the production buildings, and the subsequent 20% reduction in auto production from ports, I've been seeing a lower amount of NPC resources for sale.

I make it a point to hit every port in the territory once a week, and over time I can tell that NPC production isn't keeping up with demmand.  This tells me that there's room for community improvement where resource production is concerned.  More players need to utilize their production buildings, and their labor hours.  If they don't, there's going to be a resource crunch in the near future.  I'd prefer the community solve this problem themselves, rather than leave it to the devs to tweak the NPC production.

• Like 2

5 vs 1 isn't pvp. If you want to have pvp search for equal fleets or ships. This update will bring this. No more ganking. Now we can talk about fighting.

you didnt get it....the only think is that friends cant help you now against gankers... and this is sad. In practise:

Gankers: oh see a Bellona(500BR) hmm 3 other ships are in range to help him, ahhh dosnt matter we have 3 renommees (330 BR) lets gank him and no one can help him (330*1,5 = 495 BR)....

to make it more clear - you can now gank and it dosnt matter how many enemys are there, and if there are non you can still bring 6 renommee against one bellona (even if 3 are enough). So how does it prevent ganking, its the opposit, because gankers plan their actions, victims not

Edited by Mored
  • Like 3

Oh man.  I think this patch might actually promote ganking for anyone who was leaning on the exceptional firepower of huge ships as a crutch. 

Great for me and my kind.   Bad for group pvp.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed off topic comment.
  • Like 1

There are a few changes that bother me, namely the BP drop surplus being removed as well as the changes to BR difference in fights. (frigates are fairly low BR and are the main offenders of ganking, especially near Capital areas where I feel you should be safe in numbers)

However, I often find in games that patch notes can't easily describe how effective these new changes are going to be overall, so I'm excited to test the new version of Naval Action soon enough.

Very exciting patch! Good work @devs.

I love the changes overall! Thanks devs. Looking forward to testing them.

I'm a bit nervous about no longer being able to cap NPC Privateers, because I've yet to be able to get a BP to drop for them on PVP1.

Will have to keep crafting those yellow Lynxes and Trader Lynxes, and praying!

Edited by surfimp
  • Like 1

so we go hunting for a 3rd rate, 500 BR 

thats atleast 17 people in privateers that could join that battle.

That's still a gank.

Oh my... * just spilled the coffee laughing imagining it*...

:lol:

• Like 5

There is still no mention of how the Softening Ganking change (the entering battle with 1.5 br) affects others sailing with their friends on the hunt in OW. I confess, I do gank pirates on the OW and that's all my clan does as a group (US). However, my issue with this change lies in the fact that others of different factions cannot be apart of the fleet which tags the other group.

What I'm saying is this drastically limits who we can hunt with. A common ground of hunting pirates has been revoked with this change in a very severe way. The devs have said before, and evidenced by the locking of an entire forum because people couldn't play nice with each other. Please rethink this change with international play in mind. As of tomorrow, international play, even between friends will be removed from the game.

We regularly hunt with members of the British nation, and with this change, we will not be able to incorporate our British friends in the hunt. A player should not be forced to switch a nation in order to play with a group of people who he enjoys playing with.

The hypothetical situation:

me and group of my clan mates for example 6 ships sailing together, some pirate engage one of them and because of "1,5 BR" rule the rest of my group will be waiting for end of the battle and dont be able to help... nice work devs!

• Like 3

That would be completely awesome...

"Many Bothans died to sink that ship..."

I will be permanently sailing in the Rattlesnake and Snow if it means I can play with the cool kids in my clan. I dont really want to screw up the BR limit and force other more highly qualified members to wait outside.