Game-Labs Forum

Change on capture of ships and removing the ability to teleport ships

Hey there,

I'm suggesting that we remove the current form of capturing ships and instead introduce another to replace it.

This way would be that if you capture a ship, you have to physically tow the ship back to port.

-You would physically have to drag your captured ship to ports

-No capturing huge ships and sending them risk free home

-No capturing friendly ships after a battle to send them risk free home

-No sending ships halfway across the map risk free

-Move at a reduced speed in the OW

-Possibility of spending X minutes cutting the ship loose, or spending X minutes scuttling the ship (In the OW)

Alternatively, crew loss could be made permanent after a battle until you can dock up. Then you can assign a portion of your crew to the captured ship as a prize crew and have it sail with you in your fleet.

I would also like to see the option of towing demasted ships in battle, this would have to be done by maneuvering to the front of the ship and spending X seconds/minutes hooking yourself up to it. (Can only be done to friendlies obviously) This would allow for an otherwise disabled ship to either be hauled to safety, or allow the towing ship to turn the demasted ship so that it can bring its guns to bear.

-X amount of seconds/minutes to hook up

-Both ships move very slowly, captains have to be organized in their rudder use

-Allows otherwise disabled ships to escape or fight again

What do you think? What could be improved or changed?

-You would physically have to drag your captured ship to ports

-No capturing huge ships and sending them risk free home

-No capturing friendly ships after a battle to send them risk free home

-No sending ships halfway across the map risk free

-Move at a reduced speed in the OW

-Possibility of spending X minutes cutting the ship loose, or spending X minutes scuttling the ship (In the OW)

Why any of this? Because the only reason I can possibly think of is "f* you, fun not allowed"?

This literally sounds like you are looking for ways to make the game less fun and "game" and more work and painful...

• Like 2

maybe they need 3 server types and see what happens

hardcore pvp

standard pvp

and pve

lol, just lol .... sorry for the outburst but what in the name of the carronade size chest'mermaids does that even mean, hardcore pvp and standard pvp ?

• Like 3

Why any of this? Because the only reason I can possibly think of is "f* you, fun not allowed"?

This literally sounds like you are looking for ways to make the game less fun and "game" and more work and painful...

Because I think the current system is bad and it gets abused all the time. Here's a FEW examples.

-Go into a battle with a valuable ship, but enemies are outside waiting. Surrender a friendly ship or capture an enemy, either works, send valuable ship to safety

-The same ship defending/attacking ports at two different sides of the map with very small time intervals

-Capturing valuable ships from the enemy then sending them to home waters without any chance for the enemy to re-capture it

-Sending huge amounts of ships across the map without any effort

maybe they need 3 server types and see what happens

hardcore pvp

standard pvp

and pve

I don't think splitting up the current(quite low) population is a good idea, but that's just my opinion.

Because I think the current system is bad and it gets abused all the time. Here's a FEW examples.

-Go into a battle with a valuable ship, but enemies are outside waiting. Surrender a friendly ship or capture an enemy, either works, send valuable ship to safety

-The same ship defending/attacking ports at two different sides of the map with very small time intervals

-Capturing valuable ships from the enemy then sending them to home waters without any chance for the enemy to re-capture it

-Sending huge amounts of ships across the map without any effort

I'm sorry, but... are you trying to make the experience miserable to everyone because you're salty at someone?

These "abuses" and "exploits" hardly make the game bad for anyone. Your "improvements" do.

No one towed ships. If they still had masts they would be sailed home by small prize crews.

Alternatively, crew loss could be made permanent after a battle until you can dock up. Then you can assign a portion of your crew to the captured ship as a prize crew and have it sail with you in your fleet.

And yes, they did tow ships that couldn't sail on their own.