Game-Labs Forum

Battle reinforcement timer

the current 2 min timer of battles are killing pvp, gank squads are loving this short time battle timer.

remove the battle timers on PVP battles only and always show battle markers

That would only promote counter-ganks.

It would also promote staying the f* home and never ever going out to PvP.

• Like 3

I do not understand.

At the moment any sail on the horizon or close IS within the 2 minute timer. This is a gigantic clue for any captain to know how safe it is to engage and if there's friendlies around that SHOULD help if the need arises.

• Like 2

<<<<remove the battle timers on PVP battles  

with the lenght of an average battle this is allowing ships from hundreds of miles around entering a battle, entry time must be limited. Perhaps two min is quite short and it could be modified (wth the sound reinforcement spawn point modification)  

I desagree, the 2 minutes timer is fine, do you think it's normal you can join a battle from several miles ?? The battle start since 1 minutes, but in OW you just travel an half day and reach it, absurd...

would a ship of the same nation sail by while a another ship of the same nation is engaged in combat? no

That would only promote counter-ganks.

It would also promote staying the f* home and never ever going out to PvP.

so the game turns into a gank fest with the gankers having everything going for them....nice

• Like 1

Yeah it used to be 10 minutes and people would come from the next port and after you have finished capturing a ship and halfway through the next 1 the enemy gank squad would jump in and steal ya hard work and sink you. 2 minutes seems better as it make you want to stay close to your team if trouble arises rather then a super quick reno tagging ships quite a distance away then just run and tag till his mates rocked up in 3rds 10 minutes later to blow you away, its was crap and thats why it was toned down to stop this abuse, at first I was like 2 minutes felt to short but after quite a few fights its far better then what it used to be!

would a ship of the same nation sail by while a another ship of the same nation is engaged in combat? no

The 2 minutes timer, in reality, isn't relative to a time laps, but to a distance... If the timer is too long, you lost any coherence between in battle instance time, and OW distance.

• Like 2

the solution?

2 min timer, but only for missions

no timer (or a 5 or 10 minutes tiimer) for PVP started by a direct aggression of players on players: so the brawl will go on growing bigger and bigger (as any respectable brawl in a pub) until it tansforms the fight in a hell of fire, water, smoke, iron ... gold and xp!

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

The 2 minutes timer, in reality, isn't relative to a time laps, but to a distance... If the timer is too long, you lost any coherence between in battle instance time, and OW distance.

but the time in battles is tied to OW time, i've been in battles that has lasted days in OW but time have only been 40ish minutes IRL

just timed it, 2min IRL= 2 hours OW. clearly not enough time.

Edited by Vykorie

so the game turns into a gank fest with the gankers having everything going for them....nice

Operating within enemy territory, with little to no ports that they can hide in, opposed by hundreds of people in enemy nation and always on the look out if their prey is alone and can be caught off guard...

Truly what a horrible advantage they have! We need to give reinforcements 10 minutes time to come, so that anyone willing to attack other players can be buried under the bodies of our comrades!

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

the solution?

2 min timer, but only for missions

no timer (or a 5 or 10 minutes tiimer) for PVP started by a direct aggression of players on players: so the brawl will go on growing bigger and bigger (as any respectable brawl in a pub) until it tansforms the fight in a hell of fire, water, smoke, iron ... gold and xp!

So it ends up with everyone staying at home, because going into enemy waters means sooner or later you're outnumbered 25 to 6. Biggest clans have fun - because they can manage to field 25 people - but everyone else has a terrible time, because you're not allowed to PvP unless you can max the field.

I do not understand.

At the moment any sail on the horizon or close IS within the 2 minute timer. This is a gigantic clue for any captain to know how safe it is to engage and if there's friendlies around that SHOULD help if the need arises.

Hum... No.

Some gankers LOVE to place themselve in a position between there prey and the possiblement renforcement, that make the renforcement against the wind, and thus completly unable to reach the battle before it is closed.

Already happened multiple time.

Operating within enemy territory, with little to no ports that they can hide in, opposed by hundreds of people in enemy nation and always on the look out if their prey is alone and can be caught off guard...

Truly what a horrible advantage they have! We need to give reinforcements 10 minutes time to come, so that anyone willing to attack other players can be buried under the bodies of our comrades!

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

operating in enemy waters should be dangerous, that why pvp should reward more.

a good solution, no battle icon and a join box when you are in the good radius, and then ok, no timer :)

F11 coordinates + nation chat  (or even TS-like apps) and the problem stays. No-timers is horrific and takes away with any open world plausability with "telescopic time".

operating in enemy waters should be dangerous, that why pvp should reward more.

I agree. I would love for free ports to be less of safe heavens and I would love more rewards for operating behind enemy lines. I proposed things like cool-down on repair kits behind enemy lines. I'm all for making it more risk, more reward.

But breaking the game to fix something is just introducing other problems instead.

I kind of agree that the distance to your spawn point should be in relation to the amount of time you took to join the battle and to the direction you are joining from. Then  you could lure the opponent towards your reinforcements in the battle.

Learn how to def tag ? Or attack an AI fleet near you at max range if you see enemy is much faster in OS ? 

I actually think it may be better to reduce it even more. 1:30sh... more smaller random pvp battles - better

Edited by DarkspaceII

I agree. I would love for free ports to be less of safe heavens and I would love more rewards for operating behind enemy lines. I proposed things like cool-down on repair kits behind enemy lines. I'm all for making it more risk, more reward.

But breaking the game to fix something is just introducing other problems instead.

a solution on free ports is only let pirates dock deepwater ships at them.

removing a "feature" isn't breaking the game, they need to come up with something better.

Learn how to def tag ? Or attack an AI fleet near you at max range if you see enemy is much faster in OS ? 

1. there might not be AI around

2.def tagging is a symptom of awful battletimers

Edited by Vykorie

removing a "feature" isn't breaking the game, they need to come up with something better.

Allowing reinforcements from next continent to come over and breaking all PvP is breaking the game.

It was mentioned at least twice in this topic.