Game-Labs Forum

DrunkenSloth

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:56 PM

Today the combined forces of DRUNK, DSB and YSFLJ sailed a flag towards Fort Baai, we were intercepted just off the coast of Fort Baai and dragged into battle against 16 Danish ships with our 15 ships assault fleet, the Danes focused on our flag carrier and exposed themselves to our cannon fire, resulting in a decisive Victory for the Swedish forces. Even though the battle was a strategic victory for the Danish due to them successfully defending their fort today, it was a very fun day.

post-16357-0-74759200-1459738499_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Encouraging all sailors in Gustavia and elsewhere in the Caribbean to join us as we Privateer the enemies of the Swedish crown, from the high seas off Ile-A-Vache to the bay of Gustavia, you shall see our ships and cannons roar when duty calls.

post-16357-0-76655000-1459738717_thumb.jpg

Edited by DrunkenSloth
  • Like 1

The vast majority of your nation have labelled you to be a troll rogue guild. Here only to serve your own purpose and motives which consequently lower the quality of gameplay for all those around you, especially new players coming into the game. Thus the majority of NA player base does not care for, or condone your actions, which strike a close and convenient resemblance to the goons of Eve.

But thanks for the update.

• Like 13

The vast majority of your nation have labelled you to be a troll rogue guild. Here only to serve your own purpose and motives which consequently lower the quality of gameplay for all those around you, especially new players coming into the game. Thus the majority of NA player base does not care for, or condone your actions, which strike a close and convenient resemblance to the goons of Eve.

But thanks for the update.

Please keep these kinds of comments off of this post, this thread isn't a place to post unfounded accusations, it's a place for roleplay and reporting victories, please keep it that way. If this is how the majority treats people I'm glad I'm not part of it..

Edited by DrunkenSloth
  • Like 3

Please keep these kinds of comments off of this post, this thread isn't a place to post unfounded accusations, it's a place for roleplay and reporting victories, please keep it that way. If this is how the majority treats people I'm glad I'm not part of it..

Is this going to be a mutual agreement between you and the rest of the community? If so, I will be happy to oblige.

Is this going to be a mutual agreement between you and the rest of the community? If so, I will be happy to oblige.

Well I'm kind of struggling to find a single thing we're doing wrong, using national news for national news and valid combat tactics, as well as not abusing game mechanics. Perhaps we're not the problem?

• Like 3

Just a thought. I don't know what happens or has happened on the Swedish nation chat because I don't have access. But as for the forums, is it not possible just to let DRUNK try at having just one thread that doesn't get hijacked by people who don't like the DRUNK players. Let them have their thread I say without it becoming a contest of who the bigger trolls are. They been chased about all over the forum trying to have a good clean thread. I myself am looking forward to reports, diaries and news. Give them a chance.

• Like 5

Just a thought. I don't know what happens or has happened on the Swedish nation chat because I don't have access. But as for the forums, is it not possible just to let DRUNK try at having just one thread that doesn't get hijacked by people who don't like the DRUNK players. Let them have their thread I say without it becoming a contest of who the bigger trolls are. They been chased about all over the forum trying to have a good clean thread. I myself am looking forward to reports, diaries and news. Give them a chance.

Maybe if there thread weren't pure provocative one created only to hightlight them ganking at 8 vs 1 players like child, there wouldn't be problem.

Maybe if they actually were nice guys in the diplomatic stance AND being a bit more respectful, there wouldn't be a problem.

But hey, it's OUR fault if they are ROGUE and they screw there own nation, yep! Totally the fault of the rest of the players!

I meet Nordtmanmonster yesterday and he was actually pretty nice. But it doesn't mean I can be friend nor I can tolerate what he do in my Nation Waters.

(By the way, hope you enjoyed your "battle" yesterday, first getting a lonely Pavel -if I remember correctly what was Belgarion in. THEN facing a large group of French out to get you. :P Was actually pretty fun, feel free to come back!

They can have ONE thread. But they must expect backclash and stuff like that. Like EVERY Clan can expect it especially when doing ganking.

(By the way was it my eyes or did you have multiples UNDERCREW ships? Including 3rd rate?!)

Edited by KuroNyra
  • Like 2

I have no moral obligation to jump off this post, after all I am not breaking any rules, a statement which you seem to value. However it would be polite to do so, but I doubt you even know the meaning of the word.

Your guild goes directly against the wishes of the clans of your nation. If 90% of your nation forms a non aggression pact with the Danes, your priority is to attack the Danes the very next day. This is the definition of trolling. You then ask for THIS post to be unlocked so you can act like the victim, all of which is clearly visible through your transparent lack of *****

I don't know why we should afford you any respect or courtesy whatsoever when there isn't an ounce of it in your being for anyone else

EDIT: Apologies Bungee

Edited by Monkey Bullet
calling someone "names" is indeed against the rules!
  • Like 6

I have no moral obligation to jump off this post, after all I am not breaking any rules, a statement which you seem to value. However it would be polite to do so, but I doubt you even know the meaning of the word.

Your guild goes directly against the wishes of the clans of your nation. If 90% of your nation forms a non aggression pact with the Danes, your priority is to attack the Danes the very next day. This is the definition of trolling. This is not enough, there are very few topics dedicated to a single guilds adventures, yet unsurprisingly drunk has one, why? Because you are genuinely proud of parading your trolls around on forums too. You then ask for THIS post to be unlocked so you can act like the victim, all of which is clearly visible through your transparent lack of *****.

I don't know why we should afford you any respect or courtesy whatsoever when there isn't an ounce of it in your being for anyone else.

Actually, if there is ONE place they should have a thread, it's here.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/forum/39-guilds-clans-and-trading-companies/

• Like 1

Well I'm kind of struggling to find a single thing we're doing wrong, using national news for national news and valid combat tactics, as well as not abusing game mechanics. Perhaps we're not the problem?

You did not answer the question, sir :)

Will you abstain of posting in other national news threads (given my strong impression that yo do not give a rat's ass about national diplomacy in the first place)? If so, I shall gladly let you have this little kindergarden thread here to do with as you please.

Looking forward to your answer.

Edited by Hugo van Grojt
  • Like 1

Maybe if there thread weren't pure provocative one created only to hightlight them ganking at 8 vs 1 players like child, there wouldn't be problem.

said the guy after the 9 vs 18 yesterday, that left that battle as one of the first french players after he got his ass kicked...oh btw. where was your manly broadside to broadside? All you did was hiding between 2 constis all the time.

Even if we lost this 2:1 fight yesterday it was fun...

I could never be a MOD on this forum, just a hopeless cause in my opinion, no one can get along.

As I said, I don't know everything DRUNK has done or what they're accused of, but what's the problem if they want to write a storie about a 8vs1 victory. There's no sportsmanship in it I agree, but then it's also easy to just not read their threads and let them crack on with it instead of haunting every thread they make.

Good luck all.

• Like 1

said the guy after the 9 vs 18 yesterday, that left that battle as one of the first french players after he got his ass kicked...oh btw. where was your manly broadside to broadside? All you did was hiding between 2 constis all the time.

Even if we lost this 2:1 fight yesterday it was fun...

I was actually the third to leave after having substained to much damage. I would have love to do broadside to broadside but:

Not easy to do broadside to broadside when the ennemy is running away.

Not easy to do broadside to broadside when the ally don't give space to breath. (Ask Luciole, rammed it twice to force him to give some space to catch up.)

Not easy to do Broadside to broadside while all you do is making lines and going left and right. (Hehe, I was for a good moment focused by a LOT of people, apparently I've touched some nervs!)

Strange you complain about being overwhelmed, it's your favorite tactic. :P

So yeah, said the guy and managed to survive despite receiving death threat and who was focused. :)

I see you're also a bad loser. No big surprise there.

Edited by KuroNyra

There's no sportsmanship in it I agree, but then it's also easy to just not read their threads and let them crack on with it instead of haunting every thread they make.

You can always not read the post that hunt their posts :3

And if you disagree with my post, it's your fault, you read it.

• Like 1

I understand the discontent against DRUNK, and perhaps I'm reading this thread since it was pruned by mods, but I've yet to see anywhere in this thread specifically where DRUNK has openly antagonized the various posters of malcontent. Purely as someone who is posting from an outside perspective, and who also has a great deal of respect for even said antagonists in this thread, I'd ask that people direct the insults to another thread or private messages. Obviously, I don't speak with the authority of a moderator, but I cannot help but feel sympathetic to someone who has gone through some considerable effort to create diary-esque images in order to record his dealings in-game with an air of roleplay, only to be ridiculed by many people in this thread for simply playing the game as he/she enjoys.

I, for one, want to see more journal entries from both DRUNK Swedes as well as the Dutch in this thread who so eagerly want them to be wiped off the map.

I understand the discontent against DRUNK, and perhaps I'm reading this thread since it was pruned by mods, but I've yet to see anywhere in this thread specifically where DRUNK has openly antagonized the various posters of malcontent. Purely as someone who is posting from an outside perspective, and who also has a great deal of respect for even said antagonists in this thread, I'd ask that people direct the insults to another thread or private messages. Obviously, I don't speak with the authority of a moderator, but I cannot help but feel sympathetic to someone who has gone through some considerable effort to create diary-esque images in order to record his dealings in-game with an air of roleplay, only to be ridiculed by many people in this thread for simply playing the game as he/she enjoys.

I, for one, want to see more journal entries from both DRUNK Swedes as well as the Dutch in this thread who so eagerly want them to be wiped off the map.

What they do in this thread doesn't excuse what they have done in the others threads and what they do ingame.

They are antagonized because they are action make them the Antogonist, there is no debate. It's a simple fact

Maybe they would not be Antagonized here if they did not come bragging about gankings and not respecting diplomatic treaty's, while posting picture of them in completly irrelevant thread.

If they want a journal, they do it in the section for Clans, not for the Diplomatic.

DRUNKS are no Nation.

• Like 1

Some guys strongly dislike every player that is not doing the exact thing the nation leaders want. That can be doing pb against ally or only a even numbred battle infront of a capital. Why i understand that the attacks on ports drive you crazy, you could just let them do in this topic what ever they want and if they show up anywhere else, you can still lynch them.

You can always not read the post that hunt their posts :3

And if you disagree with my post, it's your fault, you read it.

You may have misunderstood,...

If I had a big problem win drunk, and I saw a thread called DRUNK news, I wouldn't give them he datisfaction of reading it.

Also I don't necessarily disagree with your thread. But the from the fourth post in the thread was straight off topic and the slagging match started... Again.

The majority are clearly against DRUNK and their way if doing things. But what can be done until mechanics are in place.

Edited by Morey

URR French team was in the hunt for DRUNK last night near the Swedish capital. We finally found one of the pirates we were looking for !
For a traitor maneuver he managed to wait its allies. Then follows a relatively balanced battle where my equipment short range and lack of dicipline finally gave them the advantage . They may have won this battle but we will be back!

Thank you to the Swedish who have understood that we wished them no harm .

DRUNK thank you for not abusing the balance of power. BR was quite balanced and battle was pretty fun !

• Like 2

I have

This is a post I can respect, and it certainly deserves a reply.

My posts seen in this thread are not what you can usually expect from me however I see no wrong in stomping on every forum post made by a guild whose sole intention is to make the game less fun for other players, which consequently affects the game's community.

The reason that "alliances, politics and diplomacy" won by a huge margin in the developers priorities, is because it's a big issue in the game. The guilds of almost every nation as a result have had to take matters in their own hands and group together to discuss solutions, this can involve spending several hours at a time jumping between team speak servers playing "naval politics". Personally I recorded a good 6-7 hours in 1 day playing naval politics trying to reach resolutions when a couple of tricky situations arose.

So when all this gets trashed by some guilds who go against what these groups of people have being working hard to achieve because of personal ambition and the need to troll, THATs when I again, have no problems with staining whatever illusion they create to appear victimised and civil.

I am counting the days till the relevant mechanics and features are introduced to end this discord for the health of the game and it's community, until then, any groups attempting to sabotage it, can expect to be met with a cold disposition, to look for a nicer phrase.

Edited by Monkey Bullet
  • Like 4

To add to what Monkey said - because we dislike DRUNKs for different reasons - this clan for weeks now tried to kidnap other nations wars threads (In the meantime DRUNK did this!!), post single-battle threads (we capped a ship, WOOHOO!), kidnap and derail diplomatic threads, posted idiotic tribunal posts (THEY DO PvE! BASTARDS!) and even had some of it's members go drunk and challenge whole forum to a duel "or shut up" - to which the leader decided it's not his problem what his men do.

So now, that they have their own topic and ask nicely for others to keep away - why would anyone? It's only repaying them the very same as they did unto others. You cannot expect anyone to respect the drunks' wishes. How can you expect any respect when they ask not to do to them what they spent weeks doing unto others?

The whole guild always hides behind "we do as we please, we do not need to acknowledge others!". Now they want others to acknowledge their wishes? Laughable!

• Like 6