Game-Labs Forum

What video games have you played recently and what are your thoughts on them?

LTao

Okay, okay, okay.

Star Citizen.

There's not much to play yet, but it has tremendous potential and I trust the developers to deliver on their major promises. I also expect many people to be disappointed in Star Citizen's developers because they expected Game of the Century Mega Awesome Perfect Game. My expectations for it as set at Very Good Space Sim.

Can of worms has just been opened lol

Did you play Wing Comander series back in the 90s? For its time it was probably one of best games out for the pc at the time. Privateer was an RPG that was way ahead of its time. Cris Roberts was a master video game developer back in the 90s. He kind of disappeared for a while though. Like over 10 years. I have to say I was vary pleased to see he is back!

I will say this LOL I'm not paying 100s to help develop game unless Im like a stock holder and can make money off it. I think your right about that, maybe people are having really high expectations and that they may not be able to deliver on all of it. It looks nice so far. But if they dont get it right they are going to P.O, allot of gamer's that paid 100$$ pre release. Cris Roberts has quite the imagination, so Im sure it will be pretty cool. Wait and See I guess. I think Cris Roberts placing a huge bet on this one. Best of luck to him

Shogun 2 UI and immersion combined with Rome 2 new features (and politics re-worked to actually mean something), would have given the game people were expecting (I still spent almost 500 hours on it already :rolleyes: ).

I'm playing LoL as well from time to time. Solo-Q mostly, trying to get gold this season as jungler - and it is a story of flames, insults, trolling and damn AFKs :P But the game requires tactics, strategy and knowledge, and the steep learning curve provides infinite playing time.

Did you play Wing Comander series back in the 90s? For its time it was probably one of best games out for the pc at the time. Privateer was an RPG that was way ahead of its time. Cris Roberts was a master video game developer back in the 90s. He kind of disappeared for a while though. Like over 10 years. I have to say I was vary pleased to see he is back!

I will say this LOL I'm not paying 100s to help develop game unless Im like a stock holder and can make money off it. I think your right about that, maybe people are having really high expectations and that they may not be able to deliver on all of it. It looks nice so far. But if they dont get it right they are going to P.O, allot of gamer's that paid 100$$ pre release. Cris Roberts has quite the imagination, so Im sure it will be pretty cool. Wait and See I guess. I think Cris Roberts placing a huge bet on this one. Best of luck to him

I'm too young to have played Wing Commander and Privateer. Wing Commander II was released before I was born.

I touched on Freelancer briefly and loved the idea, but by the time I played it last year, it was far too dated for me to enjoy. I fell in love with the concept, not the game. I got my spaceship fix from EVE Online for the last 2 or 3 years, though.

Having seen what Star Citizen is growing to be, I'm thinking that it'll turn out to be very, very good. Maybe not perfect, but definitely worth looking at.

I'm too young to have played Wing Commander and Privateer. Wing Commander II was released before I was born.

I touched on Freelancer briefly and loved the idea, but by the time I played it last year, it was far too dated for me to enjoy. I fell in love with the concept, not the game. I got my spaceship fix from EVE Online for the last 2 or 3 years, though.

Having seen what Star Citizen is growing to be, I'm thinking that it'll turn out to be very, very good. Maybe not perfect, but definitely worth looking at.

I have not played EVE yet. I hear that one is a pretty good MMO.

The interesting thing about the wing commander series was the concept and the story. The story, concept and idea of Star Citizen has been around for quite a long time. Cris Roberts didn't have the means to do it in the 90s, but now has the tech to do it now. Its like his dream to make it. Crowd funding to me seems a little risky, but in the case of Star Citizen it could vary well turn out good. The thing is if you got a dissatisfied player who pumped $100s into a game, they are going to cry allot louder not getting what they want. Then someone who paid 30 to 60 dollars. They really have to deliver and best of luck to them.  

I'll will play it for sure, I'm yet to sign up though. Those ships look pricey, I'm going to need to see some more game play footage footage 1st lol

Just give it some time, Rome 2 has many patches coming. I enjoy that series too. They just released to early. AI is getting better with every patch. Give it a few months, they will get it together. 

Bannerlord is a complete remake of Mount and Blade. So its like mount and blade 2. I'm exited to see it. Mount and Blade I thought was a corky insanely fun mid evil/ period game. The campaign mode was great fun, a little crud but fun. PvP was amazingly fun! I love the music lol I think Bannerlord hopefully will be less corky, better graffic's more options and fun. 

Rome 2 need to get alot better before I try it again. Too far between what they promised and what they delivered.

Did have a look at Bannerlord though, and it is M&B2. Looks really nice. Actually got me playing M&B Warband again.

Wing Commander was a beautiful game. Played those games until the Elite 2 and  X-wing vs. Tie-fighter showed up. XvT was what eventually led me to SWG once it implemented JTL.

Shogun 2 UI and immersion combined with Rome 2 new features (and politics re-worked to actually mean something), would have given the game people were expecting (I still spent almost 500 hours on it already :rolleyes: ).

THIS!

Star Citizien actually looks like it could be something. Very interesting so far.

Games hmmmmmm

Skyrim

Rome totalwar2

War thunder

World of tanks

firefal

dungeons and dragons neverwinter

Eve got an old account there

battlestar galagtica

i even installed Sea dogs back ow and not forgetting East india company.

Mostly searching for an new great game to play specially if you can sail an ship.... i got an year premium at war thunder still nice account leveld and more in tanks i got some great tanks just to lazy to play.....

ohh lets see....

Minecraft: Jezub (dont play much anymore)

Total war rome:

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Rusty Barnacle, Richard Staron, Jezub II

World of Tanks: Jezub

World of Warplanes: Jezub

GTA V: xbox live

Mount and Blade: all mods

Fallout new vegas

Rise of Flight

Silent Hunter 3 & 5 with tons of mods

Waiting for Star Citizen and Naval Action aswell

Silent Hunter Series is the best naval sim I have seen. I got played silent hunter 3 with the GWX mod. Did you try that one? Silent hunter 4 I played with trigger maru mod. I enjoyed it vary much. 

Silent Hunter 5 I did not like so much at 1st, but its 10 times better now that I modded it. I just recently picked it back up again.

Rise of Flight is just a wonderful flying sim. I love it!

Yes of course GWX is one of my favorite megamod i still play GWX with some mods and i have a second SH3 installer with Living Silent Hunter III  V5,1 which is a lot more lets say eye candy. For me SH3 still Sailing....still Deep.

I like SH4 too but i prefer the german submarines in WW2 era.

Now for SH5 the moders have done great job in this game in realism and graphical part but you have to fight with lets say 50 or 60 mods to make a steady modsoup cause there is not a megamod yet like GWX for example.

I agree with you Rise of Flight is a wonderful flying sim especially if you like the ww1 era.

Best regards Partizan.

Yes of course GWX is one of my favorite megamod i still play GWX with some mods and i have a second SH3 installer with Living Silent Hunter III  V5,1 which is a lot more lets say eye candy. For me SH3 still Sailing....still Deep.

I like SH4 too but i prefer the german submarines in WW2 era.

Now for SH5 the moders have done great job in this game in realism and graphical part but you have to fight with lets say 50 or 60 mods to make a steady modsoup cause there is not a megamod yet like GWX for example.

I agree with you Rise of Flight is a wonderful flying sim especially if you like the ww1 era.

Best regards Partiz

GWX was a amazing mega mod, it added so much more content to SH3. I was sad to see the 3rd party team break up, imagine what they could have made for SH5. I agree there is a ton of nice mods for silent hunter 5. They released sh5 way to early, and without mods its just not good enough. So anyone wanting to play it should look into modding it. Speaking of which I need to go to subsim,com and see if there is any new ones lol I added a few really good mods to sh5 and found its now really realistic and much more immersive. 

SH4 I loved too. The Trigger Maru was similar to the GWX mod, but for american subs. There was a major difference between american submarines and German subs. I found the american subs to be much larger with more crew. American subs were not able to go as deep as German subs. But they made up for it in a in better sonar/radar, and more torpedo tubes. The TDC I found to be more effective, on the last sub I sailed it was able to do a active sonar/tdc shot. Meaning it could effective destroy a ship with out using the periscope, great for foul weather. American subs although I did not find as challenging as the German subs, mainly because the enemy you faced in the game. Germans submariners had a much tougher job, were for the american submariner of WW2 it was a turkey shot allot of times.  Silent Hunter 3 it gets harder and harder through your campaign. Silent 4 US submarine's it seemed to get easier and easier. Which I think reflected reality. I think I loved both SH4 and SH3 both equally. Both had 2 vary different prospective's of WW2 submarine warfare. You really have to be on top of your game to survive in SH3 and 5 later in the war. Because the hunter became the hunted.

I think the developers of Naval Action should take a look at silent hunter 3,4 and 5, mods and the subsim.com community because to me it is the best naval simulation (PC Game) out. I truly think so.  

Rise of Flight is a challenging game for sure. During WW1 airplanes were only really around for about 10 years, and the game does a great job showing that. They are really corky airplanes. I love it!

I'm really looking forward to see how Naval Action turns out. Sounds like the devs are doing a really good job so far!

• Like 1

Battlefield 4, - great game, amazing graphics, great multiplayer. 10/10

Guild Wars 2, - great game, good graphics, good multiplayer. 9/10

Crysis 3 - ok game, amazing graphics, 7/10

Assassin Creed Black Flag -  great game, amazing graphics. 9/10

Just finished my second PS2 session, playing as solo zerg since my outfit disbanded. Instead of implementing an endgame they have been improving performance, which is a welcomed choice as my game doesn't lack FPS anymore in overcrowded areas. The game didn't change much since its launch, the UI is much better, spawn camping is less valuable, and some new weapons and vehicles have been added.

The bigger change comes from the new alert system: every 3 or 4 hours, the AI proposes a specific server challenge, be it either controlling some specific facility types all over the world or conquering a whole continent. The challenge is time limited (usually about 2 hours maximum) which gives a game pace built around a succession of faction continent locking phases (as usual) and specific challenge phases. That brings some freshness to the gaming experience, although there is a disparity between factions on my servers, some being focused on usual conquest and some others on specific challenges.

The conquest overall also has been improved, prohibiting the possibility of "ghost capping", i.e. using a fast small squad to conquer regions behind the front lines. The facilities still lack diversity though, after playing for one week the tactical gameplay is repetitive. Fighting against zergs is still uninteresting, but when one face a coordinate outfit, the fights can become epic battles since everyone now knows the field at their fingertips.

I'll definitely play it again when the 4th continent and the endgame will come out.

• 2 weeks later...

For the past few weeks I've been getting stuck into:

Crusader Kings 2: I never thought the crusader kings franchise would be any good... so I never tried it out. A few weeks ago someone gifted me a copy of Crusader Kings 2 and my god was I wrong. The graphics for the game may be simple but the mechanics of the game are incredibly complex and require a bit of reading into before you can fully experience the game. The built in tutorials are a bit terrible and only teach you the very basics. After watching a small youtube video tutorial I decided I would just get stuck into the game rather than watching every tutorial I could find. Once I sat down and started to actually play the game I found that my time just disappeared. The game is a massive time sink, more so than Civ, and i enjoy every single minute of it.

If you're interested in medieval family politics and intrigue then I suggest you try out the demo (on steam) of Crusader Kings 2. A very complex and rewarding game.

Skyrim: I've recently started playing more and more of Skyrim now that there are many many mods available for me to download. I still haven't completed the main storyline and I think I'm starting to enjoy installing all these different mods more than playing the actual game.

Warthunder: I used to play warthunder a couple of months ago and the posts in this thread have made me want to try it out again. I'm in the process of installing the patches. 

• 3 weeks later...

What I really like with Crusader Kings 2 is the odd achievements you can get (like 'Keeping it in the Family - Sire a child that has the inbred trait'), but ofc also the politics. It's awsome, and it's easy to make a wrong move in that djungle.

Other than that, recent positive events have curbed my gaming time some, so I've been doing some CK2 and EU4 just for the sake that they're pausable.

:)

Recently  wow how recent

almost every battelfield the only one i did not try was 2142 seemed a bit far fetched

"Uncle Willyb"  holding off on #4 to see when this one starts

Potbs From Beta to 2011 break till 2013 came back

what i liked; crafting, pvp .  liked the way econ was set up at first

what i didnt like: too many mods and the time & or money it took to aquire them

did not have either.

Skyrim  liked it until you maxed all abilities.  and built 3 houses

tried startrek  just couldnt get into it

asked santa to bring me assisans creed 4  due to the posts ive seen in the forums here

should keep me going until this one becomes up

tryin to keep up with the forums  Looking Really Good

been ready for a Realistic Sailing Game for awhile now

that should cover the last 8-10 years

before that

Patrician,

Stronghold

age of empires

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy forum.

I've been playing World of Tanks, Skyrim, War Thunder and EVE Online recently. World of Tanks I quite enjoy and confess that I have put quite a lot of money into it. A Premium tank here, a splash of gold there, and before you know what's happening the bailiffs are coming to reclaim your house. As for EVE, I started playing that back in 2010. After four years of being a space pirate I turned my attentions to the Skyrim games. War Thunder caught my attention after Wargaming's World of Warplanes flopped. I'm pleased to say that War Thunder was a great deal better. I found that War Thunder has a fantastic matchmaking system, but it's tier and research trees need some fine-tuning. Where as World of tanks has a decent tiering system (though perhaps not very historically accurate when it comes to the balancing of certain tanks) but a terrible matchmaker. This may have something to do with the random number generator. 

In any case, all these games have kept me entertained over the years, and I look forward greatly to adding Naval Action to their ranks!

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up FarCry 3 recently. Very good game and the stealth gameplay is quite well down. I never completed FarCry 2 due to how irritating the driving was and the lack of effective stealth gameplay.

And now, Civilization V is devouring my soul.

Well LOL a month or so has gone by time for an up date haha

Well Rome 2 has had some updates, so I started a new game playing the Rome Faction. Its getting better with every patch and there is now an exp pack. 

Also I picked back up Arma 2 and Iron Front (Arma 2 engine). Been doing some multi - player and mission editing. Even though I'm not that into Zombies, I have been considering trying out Day Z (ARMA 2 Mod) to see what it is like. The Arma 2 engine is great lots mods and content. Multi player is about the most unforgiving, yet fun pvp I have ever seen. One shot and your a goner! he he Real deal. I'm finding being sneaky pays haha 

Played a little evochron mercenary too. That's a fun one. http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/

GTA 5......well I really want to play it, I'm waiting to see if it will come out on the PC. GTA 4 was really much better on the PC. Almost gave in and bought it for the X-box...but there is lots of rumors floating around that it will come out on the pc.

Hey I need something to hold me over til Naval Action is done! :)