Game-Labs Forum

What video games have you played recently and what are your thoughts on them?

LTao

The Forest I died by cannibals went to the cave one popped out at me screamed like a little schoolgirl :/

Ahaha, it does tend to have that effect. :P

For me, it's been predominantly PotBS and the Stronghold series (just like old times) as of late.  I used to be quite into World of Tanks, but ultimately never really settled into ground tactics.  World of Warplanes is too fast for me, but I may get into World of Warships heavily when she goes live—alpha tester already, but that's all I can say. ;)

Recently I've been really into Sam Simulator, the 'accurate to the switch' reproduction of Soviet-era missile systems.

For most of the systems, there ARE no graphics, just photos of enormous arrays of switches. And you spend all your time squinting at blurry little blips on the radar screen. But when you finally start shooting down the capitalist pig warplanes you feel so damn SMART.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/06/1289863/-Game-Review-SAM-Simulator

Also, ArmA 3, because it keeps getting better and better.

I'm still finishing Black Flag. I've had the game since last November but didn't get around to starting it until June lol. Graphically it's very impressive and the ocean and storms are nice. I do wish the sailing model was more realistic however.

I rarely play POTBS anymore though I was a late starter to that game to begin with. Usually not much action when I get on so i'll end up sinking a few fleets with the Terror and log off.

I've also been beta testing Archeage. Seems like a decent mmo though I need more time with it. I just wish it didn't have so many fantasy elements and cat people but that seems to appeal to the masses.

I do like the fact that you can gather a crew of real players and engage in combat together on the same ship. That is always a unique element to me that makes you feel like a live crew. Sometimes when sailing your own ship it's easy to become distant in your own world. Pirates of the Caribbean online, though geared toward a younger crowd and not very realistic, had that element and it really made sailing enjoyable for everyone in the game. I've only seen a few other games in development that have this feature.

anyone play War of the Roses?

i like WOTR alot...

Mount and Blades Warband?

i like the Persistant world and Napoleon wars mod

i like RPG and Medieval themed game :D

I love war of the roses and have been there since alpha all the way to lvl60. I almost always play with a visor down because I hate the third person feeling.

They screwed up with vikings unfortunately but there is still hope for a roses expansion.

I also like:

• Total War series - but wish it was less main stream these days. I don't get the same vibe from it I got from the earlier series.
  • Combat Mission by Battlefront\company of heroes
  • Mechwarrior online
  • Wargame Red Dragon
  • il2 Cliffs of dover\il2 battle of stalingrad\rise of flight
  • Star Citizen - well I hope I will like it. Still a good year away really
  • Homeworld\sins of a solar empire

P.S. Mount and Blade Napoleon is good. But despite owning all of the others I just don't like them.