Game-Labs Forum

PVP1 Britains war with France

Wang

Does this war really need three locked threads?

By the way, I've noticed the most vocal complainers about timers have not once posted in the port battle timer thread or any related feedback thread.  Why not? Is it beneath you?

Edited by Quineloe

these threads are more like french ports. however many you close, another one just seems to pop up and then you have to deal with it.

e32.gif

(love dat gif. Also proove we're more resilient that you think. :P )

Does this war really need three locked threads?

That's what I said in the very beginning. But supposedly for some people "flamewars are treasure".

In the meantime, since you guys cannot stop yourselves (talking to BOTH french and british ones), I went ahead and reported the topic. Because frell you and your toxicity.

Ports outside normal time range of the country, today, for each nation:

Holland    : 0%

France     : 3% (despite the presence among them of many players of the "Belle Province" that could solicit better schedules (US) for them)

Denmark  : 6%

Spain        : 6%

USA          : 7%

Sweden     : 55% (9 remaining ports)

England     : 71%

Pirates       : 78% (by definition multinational Group)

I gather that our English friends, are really the only ones with their Swedish allies fully using this weapon, which is not a reproach.

I come, therefore, wish to completely removal ports shedule, which have the advantage of closing a sterile and discourteous discussion and would not be more penalizing than the situation today.

A drastic strengthening of ports, by the presence of strong and efficient land defense which should be maintained under penalty of weakness, would be a more realistic strategic weapon and open more opportunities (scout of the defense level, abandon of the need of flag, choice of ports to strengthen etc ...).

For the record, the ports captured  from the sea, were very rare, naval supremacy was, rather, the result of battles on the high seas and port blockade.

Alanxo Corsaire statistician  :ph34r:

Instead of complaining, just remember this when you fight the British.

the-sun-never-sets-on-the-british-empire

For your information, these words about the sun never sets on the empire, are to be attributed to Charles V, King of Spain, 300 years before the thing become a reality for England at a time when France could say the same thing.

This answer is not intended to create controversy but just recall to more modesty.

The English knows, as the French, how Empire is fragile!

Alanxo historian Privateer   :ph34r:

Edited by Alanxo

Yessss.... this is the topic in which I pointed out topic likes this one became the problem... I am aware of it...

Not sure what you're trying to say ^^'

That there were also comments like yours pointed out. Since you posted in this topic too I thought it might be a good idea to remind you again.

No offense here ... just wondering

France     : 3% (despite the presence among them of many players of the "Belle Province" that could solicit better schedules (US) for them)

I gather that our English friends, are really the only ones with their Swedish allies fully using this weapon, which is not a reproach.
I come, therefore, wish to completely removal ports shedule, which have the advantage of closing a sterile and discourteous discussion and would not be more penalizing than the situation today.
A drastic strengthening of ports, by the presence of strong and efficient land defense which should be maintained under penalty of weakness, would be a more realistic strategic weapon and open more opportunities (scout of the defense level, abandon of the need of flag, choice of ports to strengthen etc ...).

For the record, the ports captured  from the sea, were very rare, naval supremacy was, rather, the result of battles on the high seas and port blockade.

So when we field 80 ships at 10-12 and we can attack any ports we find unguarded you think people will whine less?

yes, I'm positive about it!

I simply ask that the ports should be as they were at the time extremely difficult to take by a sea fleet.

I  not heard that Royal Navy was never dared to attack Brest, or the "Royale" ever attacked Plymouth with success.

Apart from the feats of Drake and The Olonois, battles took place at sea, and naval supremacy was affirmed by the naval blockade.

Alanxo friendly Privateer

Edited by Alanxo
  • Like 1

You are aware pirates are on top of this list right?

Brits are a very multinational nation in game, the comparison isnt much use. we have strong contingents from Aus, US, China, Euros aswell as actual british.

Anyway that argument is boring and dead. As to the mechanics themselves of attacking ports the devs have already confirmed the current ones will be replaced, we all know they dont work very well.

The last thing you want is 24/7 ability to attack ports. it would lead to fewer contested battles not more, and more forums aggro, not less. it would be impossible for some nations to defend any territory at all. the 24/7 nations like pirates and Brits would own the entire map. at the moment we are hard to attack, with no timers we would be impossible to defend against.

Ports should be harder to attack and capture, i like the suggestions about having to create unrest first so this endless flipping ends. but the defenders should still be the ones to choose the timing. its the least bad system avaliable. yes it gives an advantage to the multinational nations but tough. life isn't fair, there is no way of artificially nullifying these advantages.

Edited by JCDC