Game-Labs Forum

Top 10 Age of sail games

Ruthless4u

There are 10 age of sail games? ;)

The pirates of the carribean (originally sea dogs 2) game from 2003 was quite enjoyable, other than that i only played empire total war if you count that as age of sail game.

Edited by Nixkönner

There are 10 age of sail games? ;)

The pirates of the carribean (originally sea dogs 2) game from 2003 was quite enjoyable, other than that i only played empire total war if you count that as age of sail game

Exactly...

Sid Meier's Pirates, Sea dogs, Sea dogs 2, whatever 2 games were after them :)))

Age of Sail 2, Privateers bounty

one of the Assassin Creed's

that's all sail games I know.

Sid Meier's Pirates! Live the Life should dominate the #1 spot in these lists, if only for the replayability and addictiveness that is to be expected from anything Sid Meier's (looking at you civilization). But seriously, Pirates is the universal pirate game, because everyone at least knows of either the original original '87 game or the 2004 remake, both of which are pretty awesome.

Otherwise, AC IV is definitely up there, if only for Ubisoft recognizing the sailing potential from AC III as well as the beautiful graphics and shanties. 

East India Company and Commander: Conquest of the Americas would be a middle contender (the two are basically the same game, just in different areas of teh world. Unlike Empire: total War, these two focus specifically on overseas trade and combat. They are not spectacular; the naval combat system is somewhat lacking for being such a key piece of the game, but the games are rather challenging overall.

Similar could be said of the Port Royale series.

PotBS, only because it was my first MMO. Back in the day it was good, but a toxic community, ill-conceived economy patches, and almost no moderator or administrator presence pushed my society and I out of the game. 

Tropico 2: Pirate cove. A city builder, but technically an Age-of-sail city builder, and you don't come across those often.

Pirates! yes definitely. Still play it from time to time. Silly fun with Sails.

Sea Dogs. Fun fights, cool ships. Its old and doesn't work very good on WIN 10. I really miss playing it.

POTBS was good until it got all fraked up. Kind of turned me off of MMO's too. Rarely had a fair PvP fight. Magic spells are stooped. The Conquest mechanics were really great though. Forums were fun. Lot of the players were fun. Bacon was fun. (old forum readers may remember)

AC IV and AC Rouge. Lots of fun but the Jackdaw Brig was yer only ship. Wanted to sail some of the many ships(Frigates) I capped. Boarding in that game is the best that's ever been. Brig was like a PT boat so there was NO skill involved in a ship fight. BONUS: being an assassin is wayyyyyyyyyyy fun.

I have Risin but can't really comment on it because all I play anymore is Naval Action.

Played a bunch of others but those are the most memorable.

This (NA) one is my favorite. Even in it's present state, I love it. Really want to play/sail for a long time.