Game-Labs Forum

Small Battle & Large Battle Suggestion

Reinvent the Large Battle

I would like to see a reinvention of the Large Battle. Right now, its hardly ever played. I don't think I've come across a single player whose participated in one. I'm thinking something along the lines of a mission in the middle of the sea somewhere. There would be two sides of course, but people of the same nation can join opposing sides if the players felt like it. They should be scheduled in advance and, maybe, be classified by what class of ship may enter depending on where the battle is (deep/shallow)

My vision of it would show the Large Battle as a mission available to everyone on the map, but only available between certain times and only eligible to register at the location of the battle and only between the sign up period (about 30 minutes). The location(s) would shift day to day. Slots are reserved by those who arrive first, perhaps expanding max player slots to 40 just for this?

2x exp?

Small Battle

I really liked small battles when I picked up the game. They were super fun, but now nobody will participate because the reward for it is so skewed compared to grinding missions. Perhaps remove rewards such as loot and gold, and maintain exp equitable to current pvp exp? 

• Like 1

Why do a large battle though? What is the difference between that and small battle?

With large battle the match maker tries to keep the nationalities together(so dutch with dutch, english with english etc.) unlike small battles where it is all thrown together.

Nice suggestions.

I did Small Battles 50% of my playing time, as I felt that it is the only way

to have a fair matchup in a short time. I still do it regularly.

Large Battle? Never participated, don´t happen.

Small Battles? XP = 0,5= I was always fine with it, as I actually did not want to lvl so fast....

More XP would mean that players would play too many small battles.

And finally, there would be no PvP in the open world, if all players played small battles.

Right now, I think there are always 2-5% of the players being online engaged in small battles.

They could make it more attractive by reducing the battle timer down to 20min, as way to many

disengage early and you are left chasing for 30 minutes.

Think of the broader picture, not so many should engage in Small Battles, leaving the Open Sea

EMPTY and turning Naval Action into an arcade World of Tanks game...

Edited by Wilson09

Indeed.

Also the match making can really "suck".

Who wants to risk loosing a dura 1 on an excep. TRINC, if you are to face 3 Snows.

You have no chance...one reason many don´t want to play it.

I like small battles, as it is a good way to quickly test a new ship and / or different guns....