Game-Labs Forum

A toxic player on PVE1.

Hello, this is a complaint about a player on PVE one, on the British side called HMS Vanguard.

He is one of the most toxic players that I've ever encountered in all the MMO's I've played and today when he openly admitted in nation chat he wants to actively kill the PVE server, I thought it was time to make my complaint official. 

Some but not all the things he's done wrong.

He openly trolls everyone on nation/global chat.

He charges insane prices, and I mean insane, for things he claims only he can make, but of course can't, just to beat money out of the newer players.

He trolls the Trading post, buys up materials, then sells them for stupid prices, or randomly outbids everyone by 1 on certain things just so they waste their contract.

He actively tries to get people to move away from the PVe server, or to stop playing on it, or to follow his own personal gang to another server [of this I have screenshots].

and above all else he's just a very unfriendly person, this is a game that's meant to be played together, he just plays it to line his own pockets with all the gold he's effectively stolen and scammed from all his unfortunate victims. He's not helpful, he's rude, spends half of his day in chat aggravating people because a lot of us PVE1 players are tired of his antics, and now he's actively trying to kill the server by getting newer people that don't know what an unsavory character he is to move server with him. Please, do something about this.

post-21361-0-83129900-1459268188_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

While I don't have any evidence to hand in this I can also confirm this, I played with him during his first steps into NA and he seemed quite pleasant at first but as he has ranked up and got a feel for the game he has become an increasing problem. Some of the other things Vanguard does is boast and spam the nation and global chat, prey on newer players and suck them in by posing as an experienced player. Its now reached the point where most of who I would consider the core community of the British nation have blocked him. When Nelgatha talks about scamming new players he doesn't seem to scam as much as he openly preys upon their inexperience, due to the fact quite a few of the more helpful positive players have blocked him now it kind of plays into his hands. Again I have no evidence to hand but he has personally tried to google me and find out about my personal information after uncovering an Uncyclopedia user page I made as a child, which I laughed off at the time but actually I find it rather sinister, I wish I had taken a screenshot of it now, people just shouldnt google other players in the hope of finding out some personal information without their consent, especially to use it as information against them. When Nelgatha suggests Vanguard is toxic, and while I cannot speak for anyone else, you could easily speak to a number of people on the PVE server and they would agree. We are as a community fed up with the way he talks to us and treats other players.

• Like 6

I can confirm. Vanguard is openly and actively trying to kill off the GB Nation PvE community to further his own gains on PvP. When we first started out, he was a good help, and a fun player to go hunting fleets with, however, it became obvious when he started stockpiling and saturating our main markets, sometimes doubling or tripling the prices, and buying out all competition, then re-selling at his own price. A large part of the community who are active in chat have gotten pretty annoyed by this and all of the open bragging about it.

• Like 1

I was there when this conversation took place, however I have no proof other then the SC posted in the first post.

I never had any problem with van until this day, I even bough stuff off him at one point.

I also want to state that I have no problem being out bid, as I feel its part of the game.

That being said he revealed himself in chat that day, His intention behind this is to kill pve by out bidding everyone on products that are needed, and charging crazy high prices for finished products.

Helping people who want to join pvp is admiral if done for the right reason, attempting to kill off the only pve server is not. He shouldn't be aloud to active, or passively (threw contract) peruse this goal.

• Like 2

If he claims he wants to kill the PvE server, he attacks the game. Shouldn't it be against the rule ? I mean... you want to kill the game ?! Why don't you just turn it off ?

By exploiting the contract mechanics, undermining active players and selling at prices too high to be viable, he attacks the economy, the game. There are laws IRL against that.

By outbidding active players on very expensive/rare items required to progress to sell them even higher or keep everything without using it, he blocks the players progression which can cause damages we will all suffer at some point.

It goes hand in hand, as a player he blocks the progress of new people by distorting the market and then offers the new players an easy way out by offering a ship and some start in gold on another server. He has managed to turn the community against him and now because everyone I talk to has become frustrated with him and calls him out he wants to kill off the server.

Throttle fox isn't exaggerating when he says that Vanguard as the centre of this tribunal is just hording resources, as a player he spends his entire PVE time trying to manipulate and undermine the server. The guy must have Over 50 high notes and well over 30 mediums just so other people can't have them. He does occasionally sell them but for monopolised prices to desperate people, then use the profit to limit supply again to further distort the market.

It's not that he makes contracts that out bids others by 1 2 or 3 gold it's that he does it almost instantly when he is playing, he might post a new contract just to outbid other players just so others waste their gold within seconds of someone out bidding him.

As a player he is among other things selfish, destructive and egotistical, and what's probably worst is that he is proud of acting the way he does. It all creates an environment that drives players away from the game while other members of the community are trying so hard to make it a friendly and inviting feel. He is both actively and passively damaging the server.

I am still finding it really quite worrying that he went as far to try and find out my personal information, it just shows how far as a player he will go to cause harm.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

I am HMS Vanguard.

I have been for quite some time persecuted by a small number of players on pve that just so happen to be in a clan together... not all but most of these guys that complain are. Which will explain a lot.

When I need high grade notes to craft a ship I put in a buy order, but instead of people competing with my price they hatefully me abuse in chat... not that I care. I find it kind of amusing that these kinds of people group together and complain about a person offering or selling a product for a particular price... and refuse to compete against it or sell a cheaper version of a crafted ship.

I will admit that I often add fuel to the fire for replying to their harsh remarks and I apologise for that but I just cant help myself even though I know it only makes matters worse.

Recently I have moved over to PvP and upon arriving I was gratefully helped out by a kind hearted and well established player there and I will forever be in his debt. He gave me a St Pavel, bought me and outpost near him and gave me 120000 gold to help start me off. A very nice gesture indeed.

Since playing on PvP I have regularly gone back to PvE to ask my friends if they like to come on over, of which a fair few have decided it would be cool. But I took what I think to be a good idea to another level with dire backlash from a small group of individuals. I post in our capitals chat that I will help anyone that is interested in transitioning over to PvP helping to make their transition as smooth as possible by helping them out with start up money, an outpost near regularly contested port battles and a ship of their rank.

We all know how difficult the transition can be, and by me offering this help has been the main cause of this post being created.. although I could have phrased the latest recruitment post for the British nation a little less provocative. I guess I phrased it that way based on recent exchanges of chat between these plaintiffs and I apologise for instigating this event.

This is the post I stated "Join the fight on PvP - I will set you up with a ship for your rank and an outpost in a safe hunting ground near port battles - Mail me or add me if you're interested in moving over to PvP and not thinking of staying here on pve like some pve screwball :)".

Now I knew that what get a certain reaction from certain people and I just couldn't help myself. I am sorry for hitting home on sensitive nerves no matter how pathetic those sensitive nerves are. But I know too well how easy it is to get comfortable in a low population server like that of PvE and the longer you're there the less time you are having fun playing the full naval action experience.

I get that some people play PvE because it is a more relaxed atmosphere but I am not interested in helping those sorts of people but it exactly a minority of those sorts that have taken offence to me pulling players away from their server.

Anyhow all chatlogs are saved and I  advise any moderators too take a good look through them when you have time.

As for FluffyFishy being as bitter as he is towards me... It became apparent when I first got the game I ended up buying a couple of ships off of him at an above average price. Nevertheless i had placed an order for an exceptional suprise priced at 250k way back then. But after days of messaging him about the build he told me he could only build it if I provide the crafting notes of which I kindly explained I would prefer to pay cash as first agreed.

So I suppose over time he observed me getting better at the game and crafting more and more ships that he maybe became a little jealous of my progress... I don't know but his hostility towards me runs deep even though I joke with him in reply.

My situation right now is helping some of my friends on PvE that need any help and finish of any crafting I need to do. I don't play any gameplay on that server while I'm there and once I feel I have reached a point where I no longer need to go there I will hand over all my possessions to my remaining friends that decide to stay.

But in the meantime I will carry on recruiting for the nation of Britain albeit in a more formal manner. And again my apologies to game-labs for any upsets if even for a very small few complaining.

Vanguard & Sons - The Kings Shipbuilders. Est 1711.

Edited by CHVNGE

It goes hand in hand, as a player he blocks the progress of new people by distorting the market and then offers the new players an easy way out by offering a ship and some start in gold on another server. He has managed to turn the community against him and now because everyone I talk to has become frustrated with him and calls him out he wants to kill off the server.

Throttle fox isn't exaggerating when he says that Vanguard as the centre of this tribunal is just hording resources, as a player he spends his entire PVE time trying to manipulate and undermine the server. The guy must have Over 50 high notes and well over 30 mediums just so other people can't have them. He does occasionally sell them but for monopolised prices to desperate people, then use the profit to limit supply again to further distort the market.

It's not that he makes contracts that out bids others by 1 2 or 3 gold it's that he does it almost instantly when he is playing, he might post a new contract just to outbid other players just so others waste their gold within seconds of someone out bidding him.

As a player he is among other things selfish, destructive and egotistical, and what's probably worst is that he is proud of acting the way he does. It all creates an environment that drives players away from the game while other members of the community are trying so hard to make it a friendly and inviting feel. He is both actively and passively damaging the server.

I am still finding it really quite worrying that he went as far to try and find out my personal information, it just shows how far as a player he will go to cause harm.

I was sent a link by a person in chat and the moderators here have the power to check to see if I tell the truth. The person who sent me the link will stay anonymous because he should not come under fire by you, your clan mates and the friend who try to impress you. The chat logs tell all Fluffy. You are not fooling anybody.

This tribunal isn't about me, if you feel my behaviour is that terrible feel free to accuse me of something on a separate topic. I am not bitter at all, I still don't understand where that comes from, I don't care at all if as a player you are better, worse, richer, poorer, higher crafting or lower crafting. What I do care about is malicious behaviour towards me and other members of the server, there is already evidence that shows you are trying to kill off the server and deliberately spoil the game for other players. I would also like to clear up the accusation about the surprise, I offered two prices a 250k without notes or a 150k with notes. You specifically made the deal where you were going to craft the notes in exchange for a big discount for the ship, this was also at the peak time where surprises were worth 250-300k so you were already getting a discount. Two days after making the deal the price of notes rose and you went backwards on it saying you wanted, after agreeing, go back on and receive the 250k price for the boat. I explained that at the time I was having difficulty sourcing notes and you just hurled abuse at me, after making a deal and going back on it yourself, that was my first taste of how low you would go as a player.

When it comes specifically the sharing of data against my will, it almost doesn't matter where you got it, I have no proof that you acquired it somewhere else, I also have no proof that its not something you used a second character of yours to cover yourself, what I do have is an extract from the chat log where you shared something about me against my will to a public chat, which is against the game rules and actually against data protection laws too. I have no idea what extent you have searched for me or which parts of the internet you have or have not been attempting to stalk me on, its just beyond what a normal balanced person would do in any situation.

Here is an extract from the chat log showing how you posted the information about me nationally, in an attempt to humiliate me.

yGVOmxM.png

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 1

You are very much mistaken. You have accused me of many things alongside your friends without any evidence to any of the accusations that you have claimed. Your chat logs will be examined by administration and the jigsaw of your hatefulness against me will over time become very apparent. Everything you have said and stirred up between you and your friends will be seen and judged.

Do you even realise how pathetic this post and its accusations are. The screenshots provided are self incriminating and do not tell the full story. It is so obviously plain that a group of people have plotted together to try and get rid of a player because they lack the intelligence to play the game in a way it was intended to be played. Something you all have in common is that you don't like working hard to achieve things you want. People like you and your friends feel forced to get rid of people like me because you cannot handle the reality of an open market. And in so doing feel the need to repeatedly attack my character.  

This has led you to on numerous occasions blacken my character in nation chat. And I have always laughed it off as being pathetic and somewhat amusing. So lets break down the reality in to tiny bite size pieces shall we... to give everyone a good idea and a clearer picture of what is going on here.

When I mention the word "you" in the following statement I am referring to the collective of the group and their accusations in its entirety.

You complain I that I buy resources and sell them for higher prices.

- I rarely sell anything on the market other than ships. A outright lie by yourself and your friends. I have sold nothing on the market as of recently . And even if I did.. I can sell it at any price I so wish. With no future recourse to whom it my offend.

You have accused me of scamming new players when all I have done is helped each and every person I have come in contact with.

- There is no report of me scamming anybody. You have provided zero evidence of you claim against me. Again another outright lie.

You have accused me of preying on new players.

- I have helped many new players all of which I keep in contact with and continue to help out regularly. I have 700+ hours on the game and yes... I do consider myself more experienced than the average player. We often help each other out with any resources needed, ships built and recommendations on how best to play the game. Some of these once new players have followed me over to PvP to get the full Naval Action experience.

You claim I harass everyone/half of the community in nation chat.

- I reply to outbursts by certain individuals in humorous way and to another extent for my own amusement. If I harassed half the community there would be more than eight different complaints from the community. I have repeatedly linked this post in game and there is nobody else that has come forward and added to your little get together. If it were true that I harassed half the community I'm sure I would have been dealt with already by now. But obviously not. Nice try though.

You claim I outbid you on items for sale on the market.

- Deal with it... and stop crying about it. Its the game and if I need items I will place an order for whatever value I feel I need to set to attract another player to craft/sell said item. I cant believe this is even in the list of complaints but hey... this is the mentality I have to deal with attacking my character in chat trying to pathetically grow a faction against me.

You claim I charge insane prices to cheat money out of new players.

- I sell exceptional ships at a value I feel is appropriate due to supply and demand. And again as I have already mentioned I do not sell items on market, I do not place sell orders. Therefore this accusation is again false. And as for selling ships new players cant even crew those ships yet let alone afford to buy it. Seriously... you guys.

You accuse me of outbidding you by one gold on items on the market.

- Guilty as charged... really.

You accuse me of taking players away from the PvE server.

- Guilty as charged and I couldn't careless. I will continue to do so.

You accuse me of coercing new players to move over to PvP.

- All I do is offer help to anyone who is interested in moving over to PvP as the transition to move is somewhat harder the longer you stay over on PvE... unless you manage to get help from someone from PvP. I have again been repeatedly attacked because of this by this small contingent of individuals with hateful slurs that incite a heated exchange of words between us.

You accuse me of wasting time searching for information about you on the internet.

- In one of you outbursts where you attacked my spelling ability by making spelling mistakes of your own. I was sent a link by another active player from nation chat. When I clicked the link it took me to a public profile page where you claim to be really good at spelling and I found it very amusing indeed to share this public page with the public showing the irony of your ways. You will never ever find out who sent me that link.

You accuse me of hoarding resources to sell later at a higher price.

- I can play the market however I feel I need to progress. Again... I don't place sell orders. Another false accusation. I have at times filled out another persons buy order by selling them any surplus stock I have. If I want to hoard resources or items crafted I am well within my right to do so. I paid good money for this game and do not appreciate other people of a differing opinion telling me to play the game how they want me to play. Honestly... this is the mindset I keep having to deal with. And in any case.. I can sell anything i want at any price I wish.

So finally I will finish off by saying that the main complaints here centre around certain individuals not competing in a market designed in a way the developers intended to develop it. So in a basic sense these individuals are telling me that I should wait my turn placing buy orders and to not outbid. This is not how a market works. Competition is good for everyone and value and quality is put in the hands of the customer. I do not complain about them being in a group helping each other out yet they vindictively form attacks on me for helping other people. Its seems very hypocritical.

They think that because I am helping bring players from PvE over to PvP that this somehow warrants a complaint and some kind of punishment for doing so. PvE is a peacetime based server, its has a very low population and resources to craft are aplenty yet we still get a small group forming to attack a single individual. See this as you will.

These individuals are clutching at straws with their petty attempts at providing evidence. Each and every item of evidence is just a snippet in comparison to the onslaught of daily attacks that I receive for helping players work together as a team and placing the finest of ships on the marketplace for anyone who appreciates their value to buy them.

Vanguard & Sons - The Kings Shipbuilders. Est 1711.