Game-Labs Forum

A letter to the King - Latest Episode (Hiatus)

Jeheil

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

L2TK?

Love to Team Kill? 

Not sure how that has to do with me I don't do green on green unless your an idiot outlaw pirate trying to kill other pirates or your trying to help other nations by giving them open details about us.

L2TK - letter to the king 

I heard rumors about you pirates about you pirates getting drunk and sinking each other's ships 😂😂😂 

Why so serious 😜

(wow you lot need to lighten up a bit on the pirates side we're all here to have fun) 

1 hour ago, Rebrall said:

L2TK - letter to the king 

I heard rumors about you pirates about you pirates getting drunk and sinking each other's ships 😂😂😂 

Why so serious 😜

(wow you lot need to lighten up a bit on the pirates side we're all here to have fun) 

lol I didn't even think of that, duh, but yah folks use to use L2TK for guys that team killed and such.  lol

We have gotten bored in empty battles and practice demasting while waiting on the clock and doing goofy stuff like that.  One day ya'll should pop in late and catch us with our pants down.

Even though he's on the other side of the fence I still like his videos and glad we have some one on our server that does them.  Maybe with every thing slowing down on the RvR side we can set up tournaments and some fun stuff to do on OW on the weekends in the different time zones.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

42 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

lol I didn't even think of that, duh, but yah folks use to use L2TK for guys that team killed and such.  lol

We have gotten bored in empty battles and practice demasting while waiting on the clock and doing goofy stuff like that.  One day ya'll should pop in late and catch us with our pants down.

Even though he's on the other side of the fence I still like his videos and glad we have some one on our server that does them.  Maybe with every thing slowing down on the RvR side we can set up tournaments and some fun stuff to do on OW on the weekends in the different time zones.

ironically me and toss were talking  about this the other day, honestly we want to RVR against you guys but our TZ really Ducks that up plus and Jeheil will back me up we have real issues finding fleets above 500 br bar the odd one which we usually rinse and repeat it we actually stationed players at different ports to try picking a high traffic one's to make it an acceptable pb time for us both.

there you go learnt something new now L2tk has a different meaning i didn't think off 

32 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

ironically me and toss were talking  about this the other day, honestly we want to RVR against you guys but our TZ really Ducks that up plus and Jeheil will back me up we have real issues finding fleets above 500 br bar the odd one which we usually rinse and repeat it we actually stationed players at different ports to try picking a high traffic one's to make it an acceptable pb time for us both.

there you go learnt something new now L2tk has a different meaning i didn't think off 

Unlike some believe we have the same problems flipping ports and a lot of the flips are way out of time we wanted to set it up, but took for ever to find ships to flip.  That is why we actually war bombed BERMUDA to 60%.  We didn't want to spend 2-5 hours to flip that port.  We swear when we go to flip a port the devs do two things.  

1) HIDE ALL NATIONAL SHIPS OF THAT NATION.

2) MAKE IT START TO RAIN ALL OVER THE SERVER SO YOU CAN'T SEE CRAP.

It's like every time the same thing happens lol

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Unlike some believe we have the same problems flipping ships and a lot of the flips are way out of time we wanted to set it up, but took for ever to find ships to flip.  That is why we actually war bombed BERMUDA.  We didn't want to spend 2-5 hours to flip that port.  We swear when we go to flip a port the devs do two things.  

1) HIDE ALL NATIONAL SHIPS OF THAT NATION.

2) MAKE IT START TO RAIN ALL OVER THE SERVER SO YOU CAN'T SEE CRAP.

It's like every time the same thing happens lol

try avoiding you lot while navigating them rains lol 

The French get an absolute slapping from the Danes and the Rats. The Brits feebly fumble and bumble around as Cartegena falls to those of the black flag. All this and more in this weeks L2tK.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebrall said:

try avoiding you lot while navigating them rains lol 

I remember back when my second account was still a weee little pirate. I would have him go hunt bottles back when you got gold mods from them but they will pop half way across the map.  It seems they pop at KPR all the time are aorund there. I ran into a Reno in the storm (back when we had storms on OW) and we both turned and ran the other way......I was only in a trader cutter.   He could of killed me like crazy easy but we couldn't see crap on OW so freaked out.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I remember back when my second account was still a weee little pirate. I would have him go hunt bottles back when you got gold mods from them but they will pop half way across the map.  It seems they pop at KPR all the time are aorund there. I ran into a Reno in the storm (back when we had storms on OW) and we both turned and ran the other way......I was only in a trader cutter.   He could of killed me like crazy easy but we couldn't see crap on OW so freaked out.

ye iv sailed past you guys in an indiaman luckly i saw you before you saw me but storms are an awesome affect in the game 

8 hours ago, Jeheil said:

The French get an absolute slapping from the Danes and the Rats

Just for the record, the French clans all agreed we just don't care about port ownership anymore. We've all been living out of free ports anyway so while we could grind up all the Danish ports into contention for "Night Flip War 2: Revenge of Night Flip War" we just don't see the point.

The real key to what's going on is the ship sink channel. We continue to ravage Danish and Pirate shipping -- mainly Danes as the pirates seem to have wandered off somewhere and left their allies for the wolves (French wolves).

1 hour ago, Slamz said:

Just for the record, the French clans all agreed we just don't care about port ownership anymore. We've all been living out of free ports anyway so while we could grind up all the Danish ports into contention for "Night Flip War 2: Revenge of Night Flip War" we just don't see the point.

The real key to what's going on is the ship sink channel. We continue to ravage Danish and Pirate shipping -- mainly Danes as the pirates seem to have wandered off somewhere and left their allies for the wolves (French wolves).

LOL WOW!!!!! ;)

2 hours ago, Mike the Mongel said:

LOL WOW!!!!! ;)

I don't see why that should be surprising. The one thing this game has always struggled with is a way to make people care about port ownership. With smuggler flags and alts, the ONLY value a port really has is as a teleport base.

Need common shipbuilding materials? Home counties have the critical things you need like fir and iron.
Need rare wood? Smuggler flag. Or an alt if you need to bid on it.
Need saltpeter or other less common things? Alts.

Pirates took Georgetown and don't use it. Literally has no value for them. From what I can see they don't even teleport to it. Why bother taking useless ports? Why should the British even want it back? "Realm pride" I guess but the county itself has very little real value.

The last valuable French port was Haiti, which was a useful teleport base.

Losing Dominica, for example, cost us nothing.

Everything I needed that area for, I can still get. And I never teleported to it -- it's only a 10 minute sail from an invulnerable base.

The other part of the equation is that the way BLACK plays and the way the French play are almost completely opposite styles.

French style: Play a lot, sail all over, sink everything you see, ignore port battles.

BLACK style: Play rarely, only for actions specifically related to a port battle, ignore open world PvP.

We rarely kill each other because our styles don't overlap.

Which I think is a fundamental problem in the game design: that you can have two different playstyles that almost never encounter each other.

In my opinion, port battles need to create more open world PvP and vice versa. That we can ignore port battles and they can ignore open world PvP and we can both play just fine like this forever is, I think, a flaw in the game. If BLACK quit tomorrow it would make no difference to us. If we quit tomorrow it would make no difference to them. Our styles don't intersect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slamz said:

I don't see why that should be surprising. The one thing this game has always struggled with is a way to make people care about port ownership. With smuggler flags and alts, the ONLY value a port really has is as a teleport base.

Need common shipbuilding materials? Home counties have the critical things you need like fir and iron.
Need rare wood? Smuggler flag. Or an alt if you need to bid on it.
Need saltpeter or other less common things? Alts.

Pirates took Georgetown and don't use it. Literally has no value for them. From what I can see they don't even teleport to it. Why bother taking useless ports? Why should the British even want it back? "Realm pride" I guess but the county itself has very little real value.

The last valuable French port was Haiti, which was a useful teleport base.

Losing Dominica, for example, cost us nothing.

Everything I needed that area for, I can still get. And I never teleported to it -- it's only a 10 minute sail from an invulnerable base.

The other part of the equation is that the way BLACK plays and the way the French play are almost completely opposite styles.

French style: Play a lot, sail all over, sink everything you see, ignore port battles.

BLACK style: Play rarely, only for actions specifically related to a port battle, ignore open world PvP.

We rarely kill each other because our styles don't overlap.

Which I think is a fundamental problem in the game design: that you can have two different playstyles that almost never encounter each other.

In my opinion, port battles need to create more open world PvP and vice versa. That we can ignore port battles and they can ignore open world PvP and we can both play just fine like this forever is, I think, a flaw in the game. If BLACK quit tomorrow it would make no difference to us. If we quit tomorrow it would make no difference to them. Our styles don't intersect.

This thread should be changed to "A Letter to Slamz the PVP King."

The french may have lost their ports, but all the threats and promises that we wouldn't be able to function, well...lets just say we are still waiting for our enemies to really put pressure on to us.

So far we have ravaged danish/swedish trading and when it has come to the bigger pvp fights we have come out on top with little to no ship losses.

All those times i worried about ports...now that I don't worry about them, this game is an absolute blast. Our enemies cower in their ports unable to enjoy the sea freely, always having to look behind them worried that a french wolf is behind them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Teutonic said:

The french may have lost their ports, but all the threats and promises that we wouldn't be able to function, well...lets just say we are still waiting for our enemies to really put pressure on to us.

So far we have ravaged danish/swedish trading and when it has come to the bigger pvp fights we have come out on top with little to no ship losses.

All those times i worried about ports...now that I don't worry about them, this game is an absolute blast. Our enemies cower in their ports unable to enjoy the sea freely, always having to look behind them worried that a french wolf is behind them.

Meh. Lose a trade ship big woop. We HOST work around French hours. Had to do it when Dutch and will continue to do it as Danish. Myself, getting back into clash of kings mod for warband. Just dont have the numbers to go at them directly. Personally find this war pointless. Just pride and ego on both sides continue it. No one is actually hurt at this point and now its just a waiting game. 

7 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Personally find this war pointless. Just pride and ego on both sides continue it. No one is actually hurt at this point and now its just a waiting game. 

It's a war game.  Isn't war THE point?  ;)  Oh, this one has been brewing deep for a LONG time.  You're just new to the situation. 

• 2 weeks later...