Game-Labs Forum

Britain vs France - The Friendly War

Captain Underpants

So how many ports are we allowed to have? Because if your answer is "as many as you can defend", then you deserve not a single port. The Danish Blitz has proven that.

I don't know, i'd say if you don't have the player-base so that you're forced to constantly relocate your forces you're probably overextended. 

Regarding the Danish Blitz, well you answered it perfectly, it's a Blitz. You're not supposed to have time to organize and fight back. 

Considering how things are looking, overextended or not, Britain is still in a good place across the map. Maybe it's just down to difference in commitment between factions that we are able to have significant numbers online at the worst of times for mostly-EU players. 

Believe me, if I'm meant to be reaping what I've sown, I'd love to know when I contacted any of the other factions to give them due cause to start a fight. Still, amusing how even with the Danish, Pirates, French and Spanish all attacking us, Britain isn't going to roll over.

I don't know, i'd say if you don't have the player-base so that you're forced to constantly relocate your forces you're probably overextended.

Regarding the Danish Blitz, well you answered it perfectly, it's a Blitz. You're not supposed to have time to organize and fight back.

Right. You are not supposed to. And you shouldn't blame your former allies for not having flying ships to help you against the blitz you also were not able to handle in this moment, gentleman. So I feel with you about Black Friday but for the ones claiming they are at war because we broke ally, how can you suppose us something you were not able to suppose for yourself? Just saying... ????

• Like 2

Considering how things are looking, overextended or not, Britain is still in a good place across the map. Maybe it's just down to difference in commitment between factions that we are able to have significant numbers online at the worst of times for mostly-EU players.

Well, people are obviously more committed when they have to fight for their survival  :lol:

Believe me, if I'm meant to be reaping what I've sown, I'd love to know when I contacted any of the other factions to give them due cause to start a fight. Still, amusing how even with the Danish, Pirates, French and Spanish all attacking us, Britain isn't going to roll over.

Because Danish, Pirates French and Spanish are just racists and just hate everything that has to do with Great-Britain ? 

Or that they just fallen onto the Russian Overlord trap and they're just following the evil Russian orders ?

Obviously not, it has something to do with how British players/diplomats behaved in-game or in the forums, all those nations did not jumped on you just because they wanted to. They all have a reason, and if a lot of players want to see you reduced to a one-port nation like Spain did, it's not just because they think it's fun. It obviously has a reason. 

• Like 2

Right. You are not supposed to. And you shouldn't blame your former allies for not having flying ships to help you against the blitz you also were not able to handle in this moment, gentleman. So I feel with you about Black Friday but for the ones claiming they are at war because we broke ally, how can you suppose us something you were not able to suppose for yourself? Just saying...

It's just lovely how he argued himself into this corner :)

• Like 1

Right. You are not supposed to. And you shouldn't blame your former allies for not having flying ships to help you against the blitz you also were not able to handle in this moment, gentleman. So I feel with you about Black Friday but for the ones claiming they are at war because we broke ally, how can you suppose us something you were not able to suppose for yourself? Just saying...

I never blamed the British Nation not helping us when we got crushed by the Danes  ;).

They are a lot to say about this war, and obviously a lot of words and grief already employed.

But just to react to the first post, and few more, I want to say thank you to all the people of the english nation I've encounterd along this campaign from now. Not all always respond - I can be a lot chatty -, however when you do, you are respectful, funny, and mostly scoffer (when you win ahah).

From my experience, its pretty rare in a game, and more when the French and English nation fights each other.

For the rest... I never feel ashamed at the end of a fight or an action. I always try to be fair. If I'm going to lose, I accept that. If I win, I enjoyed that. In my opinion, this timer story, is a manner to avoid the defeat, the shame to be destroy. Hidding behind the sheet of the red points of the map, the diplomatic defeat. You are alone against number of nation, and use the timer. I'm not in your position, I dont know if I'll do the same. You fought well by the way.

In my opinion again, the timer is the price of your ego. With it, you cant really lose.

But finally, I dont really care. I enjoyed every fight, I enjoyed the game and your presence.

• Like 1

Again, I'd more than happily learn about the supposed slights that have been made against all the factions arrayed against the British. Half of the time it is never mentioned, and certainly never clarified. I don't presume the other factions to be racist, either, though I'm tempted to believe they've bought into the Danish way of things. By all means, feel free to correct me.

Again, I'd more than happily learn about the supposed slights that have been made against all the factions arrayed against the British. Half of the time it is never mentioned, and certainly never clarified. I don't presume the other factions to be racist, either, though I'm tempted to believe they've bought into the Danish way of things. By all means, feel free to correct me.

I don't know myself too  :D

I'm just saying that we're all here playing a game, and if there's a majority of players wanting to humiliate you, i don't think that it's just for the sake of it.

It's amazing how somebody can admit that they are using the timers on their advantage so they cannot get attacked, then be all bossy claiming victory against all odds.

If you guys cared about the game you wouldn't be doing that but guess what? Nations as small as Sweden and Spain at least have the guts to put timers at their prime and try to defend them. Yeah even when outnumbered.

• Like 1

Please provide me the post I made in which I "be all bossy claiming victory against all odds", Kayin.

We care about the faction, otherwise we'd have stayed in Panama and left the Jamaica home islands to Pirate/Danish dominance. As was the case, the average British non-clan member were being butchered outside the capital, so we left Panama to the Frogs and readdressed the main threat.

Now if the deliberate ganking of public players doing missions, where friendlies cannot even assist them due to broken mechanics, is not a means of trying to force people out of the game - I don't know what is. But of course, every nation we fight seems more than happy to partake in that particular little griefing game.

• Like 3

Well, people are obviously more committed when they have to fight for their survival :lol:

Because Danish, Pirates French and Spanish are just racists and just hate everything that has to do with Great-Britain ?

Or that they just fallen onto the Russian Overlord trap and they're just following the evil Russian orders ?

Obviously not, it has something to do with how British players/diplomats behaved in-game or in the forums, all those nations did not jumped on you just because they wanted to. They all have a reason, and if a lot of players want to see you reduced to a one-port nation like Spain did, it's not just because they think it's fun. It obviously has a reason.

Ok so tell me the reason why french are attacking brits? Why did the dutch let them pass to attack us? Why were the spaniards constantly attacking brits before this escalated? Why are the pirates mainly fighting against brits (beside the double attack on spain while you keep tell em we were the evil nation and beside the former US clan which is operating in florida)?

Maybe we had our reason too to attack danes (back) same with pirates. And maybe we had our reasons for our attack at spain.

But I know everybody has their reason and is allowed to do anything because everybody are just good people but the british nation is allowed to do nothing and they are the evil nation. Maybe the most evil in online gaming history and all their players are evil arrogant players and shouldn't be allowed to play this or any other game.

Message received.

Oh and for the record we were commited before. But the some keep telling spain were just the poor victims and the brits the only evil nation who attacked them. France, our former allies, broke the agreement as they made their own with the danes and now they are attacking us while we always wanted them as our allies.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

Maybe we had our reason too to attack danes (back) same with pirates. And maybe we had our reasons for our attack at spain.

Oh, you're British.

So very confusing when people choose pirate avatars.

We never attacked the Danes. We fought with them over Hispaniola, an island iirc where we had a mere 1 town and they had zero. Maybe that's just me, but it's one thing to fight over contested territory that originally was neutral or held by a distant nation that has to sail two hours to even get there and doesn't actually use it, and an entirely different thing to attack the home ports right next to the capital where new players are leveling and many have set up their production buildings.

As for the pirates, you don't need a reason to. They're the pirates. Outlaws, murderers, pirates. The fact that most nations flat out ignore them or are even happy to be nation #2 behind them kinda goes against the original idea behind them.

• Like 1

The Brits are the last of several reasons France got beaten so badly so quickly. You just became a convenient excuse to try to disguise shame.

But why are they doing this? If we could help that fast we would so. But in fact we wanted 1 defend ourself against the spanish surprise attack on that evening and 2 attack the ports of Stars & Stripes (not the United States to make this clear we never wanted to attack United States just S&S for their aggression against spain) and then we had defend ourself against danes. Maybe we were a little slow but you have to realize that the spanish surprise attack while we wanted to attack stars and stripes also interrupted every thoughts about helping you. The one who you think you are helping now are the one who kept us busy during this weekend so we couldn't help you (the french)

But I would really like to know why france is at war with us. We never did anything against them and if it's really because of black friday why are the helping those now who attacked brits while the danes and the dutch attacked you.

Spanish surprise attack and forcing brits to defend ports was one of the reasons why brits couldn't help france.

I know it's not you but would like to hear an answer from other players of your nation. French players are helping those now who are one of the reasons why we couldn't help france.

And those players are now doing the same for what they blamed us what we did. So whatever we were doing wrong whatever the reason is why we are evil those french players are doing the same now and therefor we could call them also evil. But we don't.

What's funny is this is what their timers used to look like before the night-crew of the pirates/nationals staying up really late started punishing these timers.  I don't know who they're trying to kid really, at one point their Yucatan holdings were 18-20, then all of a sudden when the French started pushing up the Panama with the Spanish making gains shortly after that, they go 10-12 like magic.

http://imgur.com/a/NXvbY

First off this was before the patch on the 10th of march, your pic from the 11th meant that most of our ports have not been switched to our prime time yet. Secondly during that phase before the major patch we were constantly switch our timers to account for the majority of our clan being on, some weeks it happened to be more the 06-08(4-6pm AEST) time, at others it was after maintence to 12-14(10pm-12am AEST).

You tell me who you expect to actually fight you at these times.

Let me see, AUSEZ has approx 50 Dedicated AU players who log in each night, add to that VVV (a chinese clan), add to that those EU players who are online during there early morning/mid day time.

Let's assume all ports are set to AUS times by AUS players who log in at 2pm AUS time during a workday just to set it to prime AUS time. Let's assume the Brits claiming to set ports to your times "for strategic reasons" are lying, and they are actually secret Aussie players just trying to play the game normally, contrary to their own forum posts. Let's assume all that.

So there you are with a bunch of ports in the 10-12 range.

All the ports that were set in the 10-12/12-14 range are Aussie players, or ports that are in our zone to defend. So Strategic or not, this is the case of our clan being the main clan to defend these ports.

Who are you going to fight? Who is going to attack those ports and give you your fun? Serious question. I know PVP2 has a couple of Chinese guilds that could potentially put up a fight though I have never seen them do so. How many port battles occur in AUS prime time, per night?

Our timers are 10am to MIDDAY EU Time, how hard is it for clans to get on during weekends or even those that work nights etc etc to attack these ports? wouldn't say it would be that hard to do now would it?

From what I've seen, at least in the full history of PVP2, ports set to these times just sit there until the weekend, when Euro or American players can finally get online to flip them, and then nobody defends them.

Why bring up about PVP 2 when this is about PVP 1?

I appreciate that you want to have fun but you have to face the fact that you are mostly just being exploited by trolls claiming "strategy!", at the expense of the general health of the game. Even when you get a ton of ports flipped to your time zone, you still don't have fun because nobody is around to attack them. Sorry. It's just a population issue. Not your fault, not our fault, but you have to face reality.

Why are you complaining that were not having fun? Who said Port battles were the only way to have fun by attacking or defending them? Seriously if this is the only way you see this game to be fun then idk. There is always AUSEZ members australian or our EU squadron taking part in port battles at EU times, just because were we have our base is set to AU time does not mean for one second that we are not having fun.

And then when when we do finally get to a weekend where we can flip them, once they're lost they get set back to your timezone and the war is over for another week.

Well duh if that is our AO other clans usually agree to set them to our timer so that they don't have to TP across to defend it if there busy in there AO and that port is attacked.

It's pure trolling of the playerbase and it's probably going to kill most of the remaining population between now and the next patch.

How is setting a port timer to the best time for that particular clan who took those ports trolling the player base? Are you claiming the US are trolling every other nation because there timers are all 04-06? Are you not trolling US players by setting your timers 18-20? when it is early evening/late afternoon for them? Get over the fact that you couldn't take these ports on a weekend because the British had superior numbers on during this time and your prime time.

If I was one of the few U.S. players in this game and I knew we represented <5% of the player population (and we mostly played on the same team), I would not be sitting around trying to justify flipping dozens of ports to the 04 time zone just because that was convenient for me (only to sit on them and twiddle my thumbs because nobody attacks me except on the weekends).

How do you know that the US players represent <5% of the player population in PVP 1, last i heard a majority of PVP 2 (which is mostly US players) made the jump to PVP 1, not only that but a bunch of australians, Kiwi's, Chinese, philippines etc etc made the jump as well.

US ports are attacked daily by pirates, our ports are hit by Spanish and French completely fine now, so i don't see the whole argument your trying to bring. All those ports that are 10-12 were listed previously as AUSEZ members or those that play during our timezone. So please stop arguing a silly point, NA is a international game, PVP 2 and PVP 3 are currently dying, those players are making the jump to PVP 1 because it is populated, get over the fact that its not solely EU and just continue the good fight in game. Oh and when i'm not working usually i am on for attacking your ports at 7am my time, its not hard to do.

Edited by Jager

This is quite hilarious. a small group of people have spent a lot of time on propoganda and lies to create this image that britian is this evil nation that must be punished and that of course we deserve to be destroyed but no one ACTUALLY knows any of the real reasons. Rousseau is very anti-brit on the forum yet tells us this himself he doesnt even know a single actual reason why we deserve it! he admits that he doesnt even know why france is at war with us! wow.

The simple fact is i am sure some british players behaved badly, players from every nation behave badly. The difference is that the british bad behaviour is being used as an excuse, exaggerated and turned into a hate campaign by our enemies and used against us to recruit others. People like to think they arent influenced by propoganda but they are. thats the whole point of it. its incredibly effective. The spanish forget that we tried to help them before our war, then we tried to get peace that would allow them to keep a sizeable but realistic nation. the French forget that we were their allies and that we have done nothing to provoke them. The danes forget that they are the aggressors and we never attacked their territory even once. the pirates forget that they are pirates.

The only thing everyone remembers is that they are supposed to hate the british and none of them actually remember why!!! just some vague references to 'deserving it' or 'being not nice to me that one time' or 'you were too aggressive' and stuff like that.

This has been turned into a hate driven war that is bad for the game and bad for the players. its negative and destructive. its driving players away from the game on all sides and it needs to end. the pirates and danes and spanish have behaved just as badly as the brits if not worse (in many cases I have seen much worse) and yet we are blamed for 'ruining this game'. we are merely defending ourselves. if defending ourselves ruins the game, well, it doesn't. so shaddup.

The truth of the matter is that the reason everyone is attacking britian all boils back down to the fact we were the biggest. we had the most players so we conquered the biggest territory initially. everyone was doing this, everyone was expanding and at war with their neighbours. no-one had organized diplomacy etc. so its natural that as the biggest nation we pissed the most people off. then its natural that we were the biggest target and we had the most petty little people taking grudges against us and deciding they needed to destroy us. they then created this hate filled narrative which is so bad for the game.

This is a shame. We don't even mind the fighting! this game is about that and its fun, but the level of animosity is pathetic. the French have showed us what a war for fun can be like (other than a few trolls in this thread trying to ruin it). they have no actual reason to attack us, they attacked for fun! Great! why not, that made it a much better war and most of us on both sides really enjoyed it. The uber aggressive and nationalistic and those who just want to be petty kings need to wake up and notice this. wars should be fun and you don't need to add all the hatred and propaganda nonsense. you know who you are.

I think everyone should declare war on others for no reason, because if they feel the need to actually create a reason you get things like Herminator's or Kutai's or Stars n Stripes narratives where its all about hate and punishment and grudges. the French I have fought have been cheerfull and honest about being here for the fun of it and I salute them. I suggest all wars are arranged for mutual entertainment at a suitable time and place. And if you are one of these petty kings that is so offended by what some other player did to you on some internet game and devote your time to a hate filled campaign against them, I suggest you get out more.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 2

Ridiculous, get a fooking grip.

P.S. If game allows me to set said timer to anytime i want, i will set it to ANYTIME i goddamn want. I don't give a crap what my enemies "feelings" are on the matter. You are my enemy. If you are not dedicated enough to stay up and defend, or to get up and launch attacks, well boo hoo. Stop crying about it and saying i am cheating by using a game mechanic.

I am not the one tagging AI fleets to drag 25 rate ship flag carrier groups into battles right before they plant flags.

I am not the one flipping ports between nations helping each other to stop said port being attacked in hostilities.

I do not read anyones comments here and allow it to sway my opinion on the good fights or chats i have had with certain French Captains.

Kill the forums, people are much nicer people in game when they arent attempting to big themselves up. This place is toxic so i am out

• Like 5

drama in internetboats aside, it does boggle the mind why the French would attack Britain, get spanked and then cry foul on the forums about it.

if it's not fun, then stop doing it. Maybe withdraw, think up some other RP nonsense reason to attack the Dutch or Swedes or something and have some fun with them.

Thing is, IceShade. If they did that, the Danes would probably just roll south and demolish them back to one port. Like they've done, what is it now? Twice? Sweden and France? But of course, let's not bring that up.

Only the British can be the bad guys in this narrative, it's not like the Pirates happened to have as many ports as us a day or two ago.

Again, I'll reiterate my appreciation towards those Frenchmen I've actually met in battle. Some good fights to be had down by Playon at the start.

• Like 1

drama in internetboats aside, it does boggle the mind why the French would attack Britain, get spanked and then cry foul on the forums about it.

if it's not fun, then stop doing it. Maybe withdraw, think up some other RP nonsense reason to attack the Dutch or Swedes or something and have some fun with them.

Indeed if the French attacked the Dutch maybe the swedes could attack the British have your own grand "Port battle Stratego boardgame" fest, a game of guessing each other's port timers, and about as exciting as peeling potatoes for a living.

Oh what joy.

Carry on.

• Like 3