Game-Labs Forum

SS as a clan tag?

No the proper way to deal with it is reset the exploiters and ban the racists 

I aggree on exploiters but ban the racist? Are you sure you want to go there? Because I see disrespectful talk often in national chat and sometimes it's very hard to say who is RPing vs who is just a cunt.

• Like 4

There are lots of things in the world that have SS as it's abbreviation, just because they have it does not mean it has anything to do with Nazi Germany, really silly that you would get soo offended by such a thing...

Politically Correctness has gone too far.. can't even have SS on anything now..

If they are such a racist clan as you claim it to be, provide evidence instead of calling them out without backing it all up.

Edited by Lord Roberts
  • Like 7

my measurement is this if you continue to make racist comments in chat your clan name is SS was STARS but had SS ruins as the logo and your members continue to make religious oriented jokes. You are not RP'ing you are just a bigot and a racist trying to impose your corrupt ideology on a gaming community. Then add the gorse abuse of exploits to it and you are the most toxic element in this community and should be punished as such. 

• Like 5

Also, going the ban way is a slippery slope. What about other potential tags like these, are you gonna pre-emptively ban all those combinations?:

IRA

ETA

UPA

SALO

FARC

etc...

there is many more that somebody will find offensive while to others it will mean nothing. Banning hardly solves anything given alo you will start seeing shit like 18, 88, 14 and more exotic derivations.

Edited by Zargor
  • Like 4

Yes its about context.. If you had called yourself self service and not made continual racially originated comments in chat. Every night since your clan was formed no one would have an issue. But when you add up the actions with the clear intent to troll it is an issue 

my measurement is this if you continue to make racist comments in chat your clan name is SS was STARS but had SS ruins as the logo and your members continue to make religious oriented jokes. You are not RP'ing you are just a bigot and a racist trying to impose your corrupt ideology on a gaming community. Then add the gorse abuse of exploits to it and you are the most toxic element in this community and should be punished as such. 

Provide evidence of such religious jokes and exploits instead of bashing a clan without evidence.

• Like 1

Some tags or names are considered to be offensive for a reason. SS is one of them that there is simply no appology for using such tag. I know that there is different policy for this in the US. It  is no offence in the USA to wear nazi swastikas blitzes and other symbols like them. That does not mean they can disrespect the others who find it offensive. And I think this clantag was not created accidentaly. Everybody, even in the US knows who SS were.

There is no appology for that. I would never dare to come to any server with clantag for example Brothers of 9/11. Such tag would mean nearly nothing in my country,  a stupid joke maybe, but it is highly offensive to Americans. People who founded the SS clan are probably not so sensitive.

People with nicknames like Osama Bin Laden, Adolf Hitler and Stalin are banned in every game. Not because they are hiding history, but because it brings ill passions to the game. The SS clan is surely doing the same.

Edited by Porpoise
  • Like 6

There are lots of things in the world that have SS as it's abbreviation, just because they have it does not mean it has anything to do with Nazi Germany, really silly that you would get soo offended by such a thing...

Politically Correctness has gone too far.. can't even have SS on anything now..

If they are such a racist clan as you claim it to be, provide evidence instead of calling them out without backing it all up.

One thing you can be sure of - that they know what the associations of 'SS' are AND they have no problem with being associated with it.

Many of the clans wave their flags in their forum banners and talk about 'freedom' and 'liberty' - well it all sounds a bit hollow if we let this pass

A game (or even a society) can turn toxic if we don't draw the line somewhere. And games are now a big part of society

• Like 1

Also, going the ban way is a slippery slope. What about other potential tags like these, are you gonna pre-emptively ban all those combinations?:

IRA

ETA

UPA

SALO

FARC

etc...

there is many more that somebody will find offensive while to others it will mean nothing. Banning hardly solves anything given alo you will start seeing shit like 18, 88, 14 and more exotic derivations.

Yep it is a slippery slope - but it slopes both ways

What about KKK? You ok with that?

We either let the game go toxic or we draw the line. I don't know where the line is but SS is definitely on the wrong side of it. 

But let democracy sort this out - let's have a poll

• Like 1

But let democracy sort this out - let's have a poll

Wait, are you seriously proposing this...?

No. Just no. Too many people (including you) use this as ammunition in personal quarrels to blindly believe a poll to have any weight.

This is not democracy. This community is centered around the dev team and theirs is the only word that matters in this case.

• Like 2

One thing you can be sure of - that they know what the associations of 'SS' are AND they have no problem with being associated with it.

Many of the clans wave their flags in their forum banners and talk about 'freedom' and 'liberty' - well it all sounds a bit hollow if we let this pass

A game (or even a society) can turn toxic if we don't draw the line somewhere. And games are now a big part of society

I am not seeing any evidence that shows they are racists or them saying SS is associated with Nazi's

giphy.gif