Game-Labs Forum

La ultima propuesta de Paz de Gran Bretaña

Yo digo una cosa sola: el gran diplomatico/estratega es el que empeza a negociar la paz un dia antes de cuando prevé que se acaben las victorias de su faccion.

Los hechos son los que ya se podian prever la semana pasada:

- los piratas se estan concentrando en una poderosa ofensiva contra los EE UU y pues ahora no tienen mucha ganas y recursos para ayudarnos otra vez en el sur de cuba;

- los daneses ya tomaron toda haiti y por eso ralentaron sus ataques a los brits;

- los franceses son buenos amigos y aliados afidables, pero de hecho fueron arrastrados por los daneses hasta su capital y con los brits han durado solo hasta cuando los engleses no han decidido de combater de veras en el sur;

-  Es claro que a los brits pueden no le interesa el gulfo pero no estan dispuestos por ninguna razon a dejar las islas cerca de Contoy, que - por ellos - es un objectivo primario estrategico donde pueden concentrar el doble de recursos y navios que nosotros;

- el Espirito de Mantua no tiene que ser abusado, si no se encomoda :D ;

- El sur-oeste de cuba es fundamental por algunos recursos que tiene

Mirando al mapa de hoy, creo que esta noche serà fundamental por la guerra, pues espero que nuestors navios van a parar a los brits.

Si pero tambien hoy las cosas vana a salir como ayer, pido a todos los "jefes" del los clanes de pararse un minutito por piensar a lo que es mejor por la faccion.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Anoche era la tormenta perfecta para los españoles en el Caribe. Sábado y Clásico (partido de fútbol entre Barça y Madrid), es la mejor combinación para pillar al 80% de los capitanes de la armada fuera de su puesto, en las cantinas, haciendo aspavientos y blandiendo una lata de cerveza en la derecha y un bocata de calamares en la izquierda.

Yo no digo nada... pero el fútbol es un invento inglés.

:D

• Like 1

We want peace....

At what cost?

I mean. We are not going to coward out and not fight, as I think we have demonstrated every single day since this war started. We might have less manpower, but we don't coward out. Because we like to play this game, to fight against the odds, it's in our nature. It's fine and cool. Who wants peace within the british? Because as far as you can read pretty much everywhere, it isn't the case. And it is fine.

I speak by myself alone as I'm not part of any leadership but i think no one likes to see all the timers pushed into a timezone where we are working or sleeping, thus rendering any of our potential efforts useless.

Sure, with bigger numbers and better firepower you can steamroll smaller enemies. This is by game design and it is cool, but when you put all the smaller pieces together it doesn't look like a big power that wants to sit on friendly terms, it looks like a bully that wants to force you to sit in the back of the class and he wants to eat your lunch and make you thank him for sharing a meal together. I've lived through this in other games, where the power difference was even more abrupt and abysmal.

Diplomacy and relations are a coin of two sides. And have to be taken care of. I think that we are never going to kiss the ring of a bigger country to become their servants at their whim. We will live, fight and die in our very own terms. If anyone wants to have war or peace with us, we should sit and speak on eyelevel. Anything less than that is disrespecting ourselves for a bunch of ports and the potential mission/craft grind.

I'd prefer to die standing, than to live always on my knees.

Edited by Migui
  • Like 6

Let's put it that way: we all may agree on the fact that a reasonable peace is an asset, while peace at all costs is wrong as it is war at all costs.

Problem is another: is it correct using the "peace at what cost?" argument to avoid starting even to discuss about possible peace conditions?

In my opinion the answer is no, because doing so would simply be an infringement of the FIRST rule of diplomacy, which is being disposed to discuss with anyone (also enemies) about everything. A proposal may be rejected, but it is better - before rejecting it - to at least have it actually formulated.

And here it comes the thing that amazes me most about Spanish faction diplomacy in NA: diplo officers of the factions, according to my experience in RvR MMORPGs, should not only be the "voice" of politics, rather they should also work autonomously in order to elaborate, propose and explore (together with foreign diplo officers) possible common solutions that could be proposed to the respective "chiefs" of the factions. After that it's clear that the chiefs can reject the proposals, but my impression (maybe I'm wrong, but that is what appears) is that diplo officer of Brit and Spain are not allowed to do any "preliminary" work (at least on our side) and this de facto sterilizes the real functions of diplomacy.

So, just to summarize: no one (nor I) wants peace at all costs, but I'm pretty sure some people would like seeing a less "rigid" general attitude towards diplomacy with brits in our faction.

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

At what cost?

I mean. We are not going to coward out and not fight, as I think we have demonstrated every single day since this war started. We might have less manpower, but we don't coward out. Because we like to play this game, to fight against the odds, it's in our nature. It's fine and cool. Who wants peace within the british? Because as far as you can read pretty much everywhere, it isn't the case. And it is fine.

I speak by myself alone as I'm not part of any leadership but i think no one likes to see all the timers pushed into a timezone where we are working or sleeping, thus rendering any of our potential efforts useless.

Sure, with bigger numbers and better firepower you can steamroll smaller enemies. This is by game design and it is cool, but when you put all the smaller pieces together it doesn't look like a big power that wants to sit on friendly terms, it looks like a bully that wants to force you to sit in the back of the class and he wants to eat your lunch and make you thank him for sharing a meal together. I've lived through this in other games, where the power difference was even more abrupt and abysmal.

Diplomacy and relations are a coin of two sides. And have to be taken care of. I think that we are never going to kiss the ring of a bigger country to become their servants at their whim. We will live, fight and die in our very own terms. If anyone wants to have war or peace with us, we should sit and speak on eyelevel. Anything less than that is disrespecting ourselves for a bunch of ports and the potential mission/craft grind.

I'd prefer to die standing, than to live always on my knees.

Viva Pancho villa, viva zapata, viva mexico, viva la virgen de guadalupe y viva la madre que te pario.

• Like 2