Game-Labs Forum

See a Europe Map for Naval Action...it would be nice... isn´t it ?

Marques

gallery_15625_231_176345.jpg

Working with the cities, icon flag is big but I think suit well. I changed free town icon for blue-green, much better to find it. It is a slowly and hard work.....But interesting because I visited many new places with google earth...hehe !.

We will need some Pirates cities ¿ isn´t it ??... Close to Mediterranean , Black Sea, or  Greek islands.

Edited by Marques
  • Like 1

I know that Duinkerke/Dunkirk/Dunkerque was only a major privateer lair until 1700's, but for map balance that might be a very nice pirate port to have.

Same goes for Ostende and Nieuwpoort.

This would nicely fill the belgium coast as well. With maybe Antwerp as a neutral city further up the Schelde.

Ps. I already did the Dutch ports on Bart's map.

Pirate ports in the Greek region based in history could be:

1)Mani region( middle leg of the Peloponnese

2)island of Hydra

3)island of Spetses

4)island of Psara

5)Sporades islands

6)Gramvousa, Crete

At the same time they played a key role in the Greek War of independence.

Those are from the top of my head. I will add more if needed.

• Like 2

It would be really nice to have this, but the playerbase is no where near large enough for it, right now at least. I imagine something like this is a couple of years away at best.

Remember when games actually had expansions like this added to the main game after it's released.  NOT THE DLC stuff they try to push off as expansions now a day, but actual big expansions that almost cost the same as the main game or about half but had about the same amount of content.

Different PvP servers in the future could actually be different theatres.

PvP One - Caribbean

PvP Two - Mediterranean & Black Sea

PvP Three - English Channel, North Sea & Baltic

Let's dream huh

I think this is the only way it can prob be properly set up as in more than one server and since right now servers are linked with your Level/Craft Rank you can have the same char on more than one of those servers and play him in different area's.  I Played mostly US until recently on US PVP (still US On EU PVP) and the US had a lot of dealings in the Mediterranean area against Pirates.   Though it was maybe a bit more later in the game time period, but could be fun to fight there.

I don't care the timeset of this future map but, I want Poland and Portugal will be in the game as playable factions.

;)

Some odd reason even though I prefer to play US (and Pirate) I would prob not mind playing a Portugal player, but they so need to expand the current map to include south america than.  Prob cause I been to Brazil a little to many times lol

good idea 

also interesting option to test smaller scale (pushing bigger map into same area)

and europe was really divided then - so a lot of countries = a lot of conflict

If the game ever got to expansion level I would say yah Med would be a great second expansion and maybe the north stuff later.

PvP1 hosted in Europe should truly be the Euro map and PvP2 the Caribbean. I hope it happens some day soon.

This would be cool, but the ping for some players is going to suck a bit if they want to play the other servers and different maps.

Thank you all for your ideas. This map just intended to be as an aid for Devs . I am following the list of ports determined by Bart Smith. (You can see above ) Some areas are difficult to establish many ports over a short distance , although the map is huge .
For example , I want to set Southampton and Portsmouth, two major ports in the UK , but the distance is a problem.
I'm waiting for ideas about pirates Ports . There were pirates in many parts of Europe , but I think in the future NA Europe the question about pirates should be eliminated or completely different compared to the current Caribbean Sea.

gallery_15625_231_9055.jpg

Edited by Marques
  • Like 2

Posted Today, 09:19 AM

I know that Duinkerke/Dunkirk/Dunkerque was only a major privateer lair until 1700's, but for map balance that might be a very nice pirate port to have.

Same goes for Ostende and Nieuwpoort.

This would nicely fill the belgium coast as well. With maybe Antwerp as a neutral city further up the Schelde.

Ps. I already did the Dutch ports on Bart's map.

Thank you all for your ideas. This map just intended to be as an aid for Devs . I am following the list of ports determined by Bart Smith. (You can see above ) Some areas are difficult to establish many ports over a short distance , although the map is huge .

For example , I want to set Southampton and Portsmouth, two major ports in the UK , but the distance is a problem.

I'm waiting for ideas about pirates Ports . There were pirates in many parts of Europe , but I think in the future NA Europe the question about pirates should be eliminated or completely different compared to the current Caribbean Sea.

gallery_15625_231_9055.jpg

List is temporary - since we need more research on what ports were important and what not exist on this time or were not important small villages...i just make some proposals. Otherwise good job have to say - your map look better and better! Tiphat

I´ve read Corfu was Venetian almost untill final 18th Century. So I set with Italian Flag... Forza Italia !!!

Real Pixel. I think this is the scale ratio in Caribbean Map.  scale: 125 km each square.

Captura.CORFU. vENECIANA.

UK. Ducht.Denmark

Sweden.Poland. Russian

canary island.and. funchal

North.Spain.France.

Edited by Marques
  • Like 1

Lol don't know how i missed that.

Btw Corfu is the island to the left of the flag. Unless it isnt placed properly because of the level of the zoom.

You could also give them another port in the area based on what they had untill 1797. In one of the islands of Leukada, Zante, Cefalonia. Or maybe even Kythera.

But after 1797 all of them were ceded to the French till 1815 and then to the British till 1869. So you could either give them all to one nation or give one to everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septinsular_Republic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_of_the_Ionian_Islands

• Like 1

Hello everyone, and lot of thanks for your comments. I don´t know where was the ports in 18 Th Century.  Even less for 15 differents countries. Anyway, the real problem is not the ports. It ´s easy to cut wrong ports and replace with the correct one (with your information), however the real problem is the map size. If someone is able to give me a new, one bigger than this, then we could have all the main ports and islands.

This current map is : 183cm wide/ 165cmHigh. Like your living room carpet, big isn´t it ?.... I would need a bigger than current definition (that is:5200 pixels wide- for 4700 pixel high. (28px/cm).

I tried to saved this map from satelite programs, like SAS Planet ,and Scribble, but I couldn´t. One is in Russian Language, the other doesn´t work with those sizes.

So at the moment, if the Dev doesn´t show interest I would finished this one. Think about the scale, is hugh. 30 % bigger than caribbean area,  so in this size almost 90% of ports are already setting ok. I would like to set many more, but where is the zoom limit ? ¿someone knows the real space in the future game, or upgrade ?  I don´t know.

Thank you.

Edited by Marques

Just a question from a newbie. 

How will this new map affect the game, will we be able to use both maps combined as one, or will it mean choosing either map to play on? Or is this new map intended as an expansion pack after the game is fully released?

It seems to me is the best chance to improve the game. Probably we will see it as upgrade. Fingers crossed

To be honest i hope this will be helpfull for developers when they decide implement Europe - we doing here very good job, especially Marques and Steel Sandwich