Game-Labs Forum

See a Europe Map for Naval Action...it would be nice... isn´t it ?

Marques

Currently we need info about French main ports from circa 1750 (and Capital port suggestion - now we choose Brest but maybe be wrong) same with Venice and Austro-Hungary Empire. If anybody can provide info we will be very greatefull. Cheers

My map was in response to this request....   But yes, I agree with you regarding total size..  ;)

• Like 1

Thanks to you Bart.  One question:  Please Could or Can you take for me a picture of Europe with Scribble maps, in this exactly size ? I have not user of Scribble maps.

Is in order to print it, and do painting by hand  (Two parts  DIN A0 format.)

Like this jpg:

This is not valid, because the lines are confused. I need this map in clear lines of coastal. Good definition.

SIZE:  High 118 cm x 160 cm. Wide.

SPTHfdf.jpg

slide_2.jpg

Edited by Marques

Thanks to you Bart.  One question:  Please Could or Can you take for me a picture of Europe with Scribble maps, in this exactly size ? I have not user of Scribble maps.

Is in order to print it, and do painting by hand  (Two parts  DIN A0 format.)

Like this jpg:

This is not valid, because the lines are confused. I need this map in clear lines of coastal. Good definition.

SIZE:  High 118 cm x 160 cm. Wide.

SPTHfdf.jpg

slide_2.jpg

Well will be easier when you start own map here: https://www.scribblemaps.com/ -its free. And take correct size picture what you need. I like this template for map.

Thank you Bart...Very nices views ! I like this maps and I´m going to use for my work....

The main problem for me is a lack of good information. The map I´ve selected is in curve style ( tha´s provide more information

in less space). The source is from the NASA, so it´s very accurate. however if the Dev prefer a flat map I will need a new one with more space, more pixels and high definition.

At the moment, I don´t know how to do. A. Find a new flat map, or ....B. star to work in this one.

What do you think about it ?

This map is already modify with more space in:

1.UK channel with France.(call as well canal de la mancha in Spanish)

2. Ireland channel

3. Gribaltar Channel

4. Bosfore, Turkey and Estambul Channel.

5 Denmmark area of Copenhagen.

6. Sicily channel with Italy.

I send the small a big image.tIAPb9B.png

This is the curve model.

Bellow with size and channel changes.

PPhKmBX.jpg

• Like 1

Well up to you. I was trying find ultra high resolution Europe plain map but failed. Not sure that 4K resolution will be enough to be honest...

I agree. The map should be masive, if not we will not have enough details in ports, small island, and costal line.

I still looking for a new map, more around 5 K, or maybe part the projet in 2 maps , North Atlantic Sea, and South for Mediterraneum Sea.

I don´t know. Another doubt, or query, is:

¿should the rivers be able for navigation?... Some of them in a few km.  Nile, Thames, Rhin, Danube...?

In this case the line of the river must be wide.

Distances and others issues about NA caribbean Sea vs Potencial future NA Europe.

BS32FpC.jpg?1

As you can see here,  current NA Caribbean are about 15000 km perimetter. And a proposal for Europe Naval Action would be around 22000 Km . Therefore aprox. a 30 % bigger map, but with more posibilities, more exploration , many nations on fight, many differents areas, different weather and seas for navigation. From Sahara Desert to the Groenland Glaciers. Amazing to recreate and sailing across this big world.

f6ZDdbA.jpg?1

Edited by Marques
  • Like 1

Hello Bart, Do you have a list with all the cities names.?....

I find a better map and I would like

to introduce the cities that you have already been choseen.

Please Could you publish the list here ?, in order people add-on or their give opinion.

Thank you.

Hello Bart, Do you have a list with all the cities names.?....

I find a better map and I would like

to introduce the cities that you have already been choseen.

Please Could you publish the list here ?, in order people add-on or their give opinion.

Thank you.

Hi there - here is current list but keep in mind its a early stage and may change later.

4qCOBs5.jpg

Thank you Bart !   I think we have to add on 2-3 cities for Austrian-Hungarian Empire.

As I told you, I already have the map, in square flat vision, not from satelite. Is 5900 pixel x 5600.  High 165 cm x Wide 185.

Is such a bigger size that I have to split in 4 Dina A0 to printed it.

I put here a reduce version, aproximately 70 % less size.  I´m going to work in this flat version. Every island had been review in the bigger size, in order to do able to sailing around. Also all the fjords, bays, and inlets to create a minimal space for enter. The same with cannals between some countries as already comment.

(this allow more traffic in some hot points)

If you see something to improve , let me know.

HWrYvJC.jpg

Edited by Marques

Nah i wouldnt bother about rivers to be honest. Whole area is quite big and river deltas are not needed imo. 

What about the River Medway and Chatham Dockyard. This is where the Victory and other ships of the line where built and was a major dockyard during the 18th century. Although it closed as a naval base in the 1950s, the Chatham Historic Dockyard is open to visitors and has the oldest rope making shop in the world, where most of the rigging was made for ships of the British Fleet.  

• Like 1

What about the River Medway and Chatham Dockyard. This is where the Victory and other ships of the line where built and was a major dockyard during the 18th century. Although it closed as a naval base in the 1950s, the Chatham Historic Dockyard is open to visitors and has the oldest rope making shop in the world, where most of the rigging was made for ships of the British Fleet.  

I´m able to modify slighty the costal line to enter in some rivers, but everything will desire sailing in their own rivers, that would be complicated. Anyway I would see this point on the map as I already go enter in the 6 main rivers. Thank you.

• Like 1

I know this but not sure this will be eventually easy to do by developers . Hope yes. And Marques try do it and we will see how it looks like after. GJ mate. ;)

• Like 1

Well, i would love to sail up the Medway ingame.

I'll bring some of my dutch friends, it has been 350 years since our last visit, would be ashame not to do so again :)

@Bart, i asked you on skype where i can document my changes? I dont have the link :)

Sry done it already. Have fun with design.