Game-Labs Forum

See a Europe Map for Naval Action...it would be nice... isn´t it ?

Marques

Could make for the PvE server.

That'd be unfair, restricting those that want to PvP or do not want pvp to two different maps. Would make sense to have, as another member stated different servers for different maps. Do not split PvE to a map that might be more benificial to PvP or vise versa.. Better to test all options than to cut them off in my opinion. 

Will still play the game regardless, but I'd love to be in Europe moreso than Carribean. To see more nations of more historical value, and with equally as excluded navies as of current. (Port, Venice, Ottoman Empire, etc..) Americans are the only addition to Carribean that is not in Europe, so I expect there'd have to be a compramise there.. :/

• Like 1

good idea 

also interesting option to test smaller scale (pushing bigger map into same area)

and europe was really divided then - so a lot of countries = a lot of conflict

Hey admin, how many players would a server need if we had both, EU and the new world? To counter low numbers some sort of dynamic PvP/PvE mechanic could maybe help where port battles are joined by NPCs if humans fail to show up for the defense? *shrug*

Edited by BACk ALLEY ShENANiGANS
  • Like 1

Historical value could be the best thing to improve this game.  Mission or Campaigns that make you to learnt about Europe History.

Like famous battles, famous Generals, Kings and Queens,  famous campaings, historical facts, or others similar we already have seen in Total War Napoleon, Rome II,  or Empire.

We can learnt a lot about the Europe history because ussually we knew few things only about own history, and not about others countries history.

Therefore Europe map for NA would be a great improve for this game.

Why an Europe unconquerable  ?..... You allways will have undefended cities , or garrisons, or small cities to conquer ( see the history, for example: Mahon, Sicily, Gribaltar, Malta, Tenerife, and many others..... )

I agree with you, it doesn`t make correct to do as we have now in NA Caribbe. 

But remember how Napoleon did to control the seas, and remember how England assault many cities from theirs ships.

I think would be more interesting than the Caribbean.... Big battles like TRAFALGAR  were in Atlantic, Baltic,  and Mediterraneum seas.

Thanks for your opinion.

I would have it this way because most wars exchanged territories in the various colonies.  However, I would not be against having European cities temporarily conquerable (with them automatically returned once peace is made). 

For me it is very easy.  Some historical facts should be included in game. In Europe Naval Action, an Caribbean sea as well.  In this way, each nation should be ready in time to play those battles. As the final, the peace treaty refund the territories to the origin owner, as you say. Perfect.

This system should be tested because you need a historical calendary to be followed. Would be like a big Campaign in others games. ( Napoleon Total War)

PvP One - Caribbean

PvP Two - Mediterranean & Black Sea

PvP Three - English Channel, North Sea & Baltic

And I recommend transferring gold and XP across all servers no matter where you play ...

good idea 

also interesting option to test smaller scale (pushing bigger map into same area)

and europe was really divided then - so a lot of countries = a lot of conflict

i would personally love to fight Sweeden in the baltic see or the British in the north see. which was done a lot by the Danish Navy in the NA periode of time

• 1 month later...

I made (with little help of other moderators) this project of Europe map for Naval Action - Its a very first build and will be updated. Keep in mind that i based on few maps from circa 1750 plus randomly added  free ports for gameplay purpose. I personally think that Europe may be great arena for a lot of conflicts, alliances and great sea battles.  Any suggestions please pm me. Here is link: http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/NA_EUROPE/rKZBOzo4Wh

Please share your feedback here.

• Like 6

Bart, Nice work. I'm liking the map, altho, where are the capitals? When the game first begins all ports are open/neutral ports, save for the capitals of each nation and the free towns. Also, provide a free port or two along Portugal coast line. It's a long sail from Gibraltar to La Palis. Other than that, I can see a great potential. Also, would be great to have these two maps link up, one huge seamless map....yes please.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne

Very good job. !!!!.... Now I would like to do in artistic way.  Maybe The Austria-Hungary Empire should have one or two ports in Adriatic Sea. ¿?

This size ¿?

p32MiHZ.jpg

Which frame or space would be better ?   I think Canary island, all Norway and a bit of Groenland should be included...for exploration purpouses.

And would be nice to have more information from the Devs.(about exactly size)

Thanks.

Edited by Marques
  • Like 1

I made (with little help of other moderators) this project of Europe map for Naval Action - Its a very first build and will be updated. Keep in mind that i based on few maps from circa 1750 plus randomly added  free ports for gameplay purpose. I personally think that Europe may be great arena for a lot of conflicts, alliances and great sea battles.  Any suggestions please pm me. Here is link: http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/NA_EUROPE/rKZBOzo4Wh

Please share your feedback here.

F***ing awsome.

Indeed...oh and my apologies. I see the capitals now have larger icons. Was difficult to see, as I was looking for some other indicating icon, maybe the caps being a star shape or something. Again tho, nice work.

Yes map is still in editing to make it even better. Few moderators will help me with this as well to make map more historical accurate and more correct - Tiphat for them

P.S If anybody got any suggestions about this map, or want help feel free and post them here in this topic please.

• Like 1

I would love to see a time where the player base size would be able to support this!

Everything is possible, in fact there is an interview with game-lab developers  where they speak something of a desirable future with Playstation 4 and Sony x -box . Therefore the game has many possibilities to grow, not only with Europe. We are dreaming in positive, to help with new ideas. Don´t be negative.

• Like 1

Ceuta pirate port?. It is a spanish city from 1656.  And Melilla from 1497.

For berberian pirates you should add Djerba Island (Tunisia), Trípoli and Argel ruled by independent pashas tributaries of the Turkish Sultan.

Salé-Rabat was an independent republic of privateers between 1626 and 1668, later reintegrated to de pasha of Morocco.

As i said there is a lot to change on this map. Thanks for info. Will update it soon.

• Like 1

Ceuta pirate port?. It is a spanish city from 1656. And Melilla from 1497.

For berberian pirates you should add Djerba Island (Tunisia), Trípoli and Argel ruled by independent pashas tributaries of the Turkish Sultan.

Salé-Rabat was an independent republic of privateers between 1626 and 1668, later reintegrated to de pasha of Morocco.

Remember we doing map circa 1750...

Edit map updated - new link: http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/NA_Europe/H86aB2jLIq

I have read Rijeka was the main port in the origin of Austrian Hungary Navy.

Another fleet was Prussian in the North.

Both have big armies on land but, very small fleets on the sea. 

see this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Hungarian_Navy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Navy

The Prussian Navy (GermanPreußische Marine), was the naval force of theKingdom of Prussia. It was created from the former Brandenburg Navy, following the elevation of the Duke of Prussia to King in Prussia in 1701. At that time, Brandenburg and Prussia formed a double state ruled in personal union by theHouse of Hohenzollern. The Prussian Navy existed, without any long interruption, until the founding of the North German Confederation in 1867.

Austrian-Hungary Origins[edit]

Until the end of the 18th century there were only limited attempts to establish an Austrian navy. The Habsburgs had employed armed ships sailing the Danube in the 16th and 17th centuries to fight the Ottoman Empire, and ships guarding the merchant fleet also operated from the Austrian Netherlands, but these forces were neither under a common command nor did they serve a common purpose. After the Seven Years' War Austrian vulnerability to privateers in the Mediterranean Sea led Count Kaunitz to push for the creation of a small force of frigates. A specific Naval Ensign (Marineflagge) based on the red-white-red colours was introduced only in the reign of Emperor Joseph II.

This situation changed considerably in 1797 with the Treaty of Campo Formio between France and Austria. Austria ceded to France the Austrian Netherlands and certain islands in the Mediterranean, including Corfu and some Venetian islands in the Adriatic. Venice and its territories were divided between the two states, and the Austrian emperor received the city of Venice along with Istria and Dalmatia. The substantial Venetian naval forces and facilities were also handed over to Austria and became the basis of the formation of the future Austrian Navy.

Hi Vernon,  I like your map, but it seems to me small version. We will need 10 maps of this size.

My propousal it´s more BIG SIZE, only one huge map, like this others two below:

As well about 1745

UlUdZW6.jpg

m8ABFIs.jpg

Edited by Marques