Game-Labs Forum

See a Europe Map for Naval Action...it would be nice... isn´t it ?

Marques

Omg what it is ? Where is Poland ?

This game is from 1600 to 1830 so why there is no Poland ?

Look for this map. It is from years 1746 to 1766

Europe_1748-1766.png

We are one of the oldest country in Europe so please don't try change it... Thanks!

• Like 2

It has been discussed multiple times. There is a chance that a Europe map will be added if the game's population allows it or if everything that the devs want to be developed till then, is developed.

Also that glorious douple posting

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 3

Look for this map. It is from years 1746 to 1766

We are one of the oldest country in Europe so please don't try change it... Thanks!

Are you reading well ??... It´s written on the Map  Prussian -POLAND, grey color. Ok, yes you have some right.

Sorry Mate,  I did the map in short quickly. I already know Poland was a big Empire...I had an error.  My mistake was to join it, Prussian and Poland...It seems to me they should be separated and much bigger. Poland is obviuslly the grey color in my proposal of the Europe map.

Anyway, don´t joke me. You can not do a map from 1600 to 1830... it is imposible.  I tried to close the dates around 1748 because all the ship in the game are very close to 1750. So maybe it would be posible to do a map with 4 or 5 wipes every 4 months. A few, or some of historical changes. In this way would be posible to do a history with a cronological forward to 1690 untill 1820, more or less.

Sorry again...The map is only for wonder. 

Edited by Marques

Different PvP servers in the future could actually be different theatres.

PvP One - Caribbean

PvP Two - Mediterranean & Black Sea

PvP Three - English Channel, North Sea & Baltic

Let's dream huh

• Like 6

From Wikipedia (to be verified), the Mediterranean Sea and the Caribbean Sea have about the same surface area (2,500,000 km2 vs 2,754,000 km2).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribbean_Sea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_Sea

But this includes the English Channel, the Celtic Sea, the North Sea, the Baltic Sea, the Bay of Biscay, and on down around Spain and Portugal as well as the Mediterranean Sea.  The coastline is probably greater, because there are few shortcuts.  Most of it is solid land instead of islands.

People complain about travel times now, wait till you want to go from Menocra to Portsmouth :lol:  That's would be like Charleston to Barbados.  P.s.  Egypt to Finland by sea is 5700 miles.  That would be like if you sailed from Venezuela to Wilmington, NC, except you follow the land around South and Central America, the Gulf, and US coast, instead of cutting across the sea.

• Like 1

But this includes the English Channel, the Celtic Sea, the North Sea, the Baltic Sea, the Bay of Biscay, and on down around Spain and Portugal as well as the Mediterranean Sea.  The coastline is probably greater, because there are few shortcuts.  Most of it is solid land instead of islands.

People complain about travel times now, wait till you want to go from Menocra to Plymouth :lol:  That's would be like Charleston to Barbados.

I compared those two seas just in order to give an idea of scale.

Btw, never say to a frenchman that the Channel (La Manche in French) is English.  :D  :D

Let's some players complain about travel time for the moment and hopefully get used to it. You've wrote great post about that. I like travel times as they currently are.

• Like 1

The Free town that will make any sense is town in states that is not in the game.
There is no way the danish king would allow a port to actively trade with ships from an enemy power.

map... 

If we go by the map:
Since we got the US in the game... the game is naturally set after they became independent... and we got denmark-Norway... so it is 1814 at the latest.

But the US didn't start with Louisiana... so we are talking somewhere between 1783-1803...

So very likely the game is set at a point where Poland did not exist as an independent state.

But the devs will properly find a map that works in the way they want the game to work... even if it is from earlier...

@Up

Poland disappear from the map of europe in 1795 and come back in 1918. So in our thousand years of history it is just a little break, where people still exist, but only country was not on the political map. The game is from 1600 to 1800 (info from official website) so 195 years exist in game time and just 5 not. So please understand why i am a little bit angry if everytime and everyone trying forget My country.

In Battle of Vienna (1683) Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth together with Holy Roman Empire under Polish King command stop the Ottoman Empire and you are trying telling to me that we didn't exists in this years ?

From the 1654 to 1690 as Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth we even had a Tobago in Caribbean region. And people still trying tell to me, "you didn't exsist at that time" how i can't be angry ?

In my private opinion if you connect Polonia with Prussia it could be for many people from my country a little bit dishonour. I understand that it is just only your suggestion with this map, and you don't have to know all history, but if u wanna trying improve this game please do it better and read before starts :)
Edited by Neith

While I like the idea of a European map zone, I think some of the mechanics would have to be reworked, particularly the capturing of ports.  While this works in the Caribbean, it is really not thematic in Europe, where these ports have massive land support.

More nations = bad, not enough players for more than 3-4 nations at the moment.

We've already divided up into smaller clans anyway. More nations would give the potential for individual clans to be nations.

Plus, if every new player starts as "neutral" and then needs to be invited into a clan/nation by the existing leaders, that could be interesting.

• Like 2

tbh, while i was cruising around, i thought "hm, i wonder if the devs have plans to add the old world at a later point as well... would be nice to sail from Argentina to spain or so..."

yea, i´d really like that, but i also understand that, if ever, that´s probably gonna take a while :)

but yea, would be very nice :)

While I like the idea of a European map zone, I think some of the mechanics would have to be reworked, particularly the capturing of ports.  While this works in the Caribbean, it is really not thematic in Europe, where these ports have massive land support.

Are you talking about history ?  Because the capturing of ports in the caribbean is not historical at all. Moreover it´s ridiculous the way we conquest many cities in the same day. This is a big mistake in game. Therefore I agree with you conquest of ports doesn´t work in Europe neither.

About Polland, please sorry again, I already read your opinion, so I´m not a creator , let say your size for Polland to the Dev´s when they decided to do something. 

Others silly things like Australia, no comment. Thanks.

Edited by Marques

• 2 months later...

I would love to see the map expanded into Europe eventually.  However, I would have Europe unconquerable (while still allowing for open world PVP), with the cities offering a lot of different goods to trade.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why an Europe unconquerable  ?..... You allways will have undefended cities , or garrisons, or small cities to conquer ( see the history, for example: Mahon, Sicily, Gribaltar, Malta, Tenerife, and many others..... )

I agree with you, it doesn`t make correct to do as we have now in NA Caribbe. 

But remember how Napoleon did to control the seas, and remember how England assault many cities from theirs ships.

I think would be more interesting than the Caribbean.... Big battles like TRAFALGAR  were in Atlantic, Baltic,  and Mediterraneum seas.

Thanks for your opinion.

• Like 2