Game-Labs Forum

The First NA Society "Tattered Flags" is Now Recruiting

Ahoy Johnny Reb, I only discovered Naval Action a week ago and what an adventure it has been since! I'm a true Greenhorn no doubt compared with the Honourable members of "Tattered Flag" you have gathered to date but would love to join your crew, Splice the Mainbrace and hoist the colours of the Tattered Flag if you'll have me :) p.s. I cn also help with a Flag Logo.

Sorry for the late response. I've been sick lately, holidays before that and I've been out of town often lately so I havn't spent alot of time on the forums. Welcome to Tattered Flags to both The Lesser Weevil and Roberts. I thank you for your interest. At this time there is no other procedures to go through other than posting your interest in our group. That will probably change in the future.

Our group is made of a combination of some rather successful societies from Potbs and those who have shown interest through this forum. Our recruiting philosophy in Potbs was similar to how you see the Decatur Armada recruiting today. Anyone and everyone is welcome. In Potbs that allowed us to have a large influential society of 450 to 500 toons. There were drawl backs to this though. Mainly, and somewhat unfairly, we had a reputation of being a carebear society and it wasn't uncommon for us to raise up a pvp'er to watch them run off to the next pvp society that formed which made it difficult for us to grow our pvp base. We had a top notch economy base but our pvp base struggled. So we changed our philosophy of recruitment for this game. We are not a strict pvp society but we expect that our members are not afraid of it and are willing to risk their ship. The exception would be our economic support players who play a very important role in our pvp capabilities. We want our name to speak for itself with recruitment and we believe that those that have a true interest in pvp will find us because of it as both of you have done. If this philosophy fits what your looking for then welcome aboard and consider yourself a member. We are glad to have you.

We do lack talent for logos and such. My signature banner was my first time try at gimp so it could be improved upon. We also are still trying to figure out a good sail design or society logo in general. One that hopefully symbolizes action. We toyed around with colors and there was talk of using a deep orange which actually carries the meaning "a thirst for action". Very fitting but it is orange and isn't most peoples favorite color. Any ideas or help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Also we do have a TS server. It actually is the Potbs British TS on tiggy if your familiar. I'm reluctant to post it publicly until more of the game is released but if you need the info then just send me a private message. I use at least three TS servers so you won't find me on that one often as I don't play Potbs anymore but if I'm on NA or if you just want to talk to me about something then its available for us to use. I have rooms set up for Naval Action, Tattered Flags and the Decatur Armada set up on it now though the DA use their own TS atm. It will become the American TS server when the game releases if no one else takes on that responsibility.

BTW, any other US society that would like to use the TS server is welcome. I will create a channel for you and give you the TS info if you need it. All you need to do is private message me. Its a hundred slot TS and since Potbs is all but dead it is pretty empty nowadays unless their is a port battle happening in Potbs.

Thanks Johnny Reb and Very Glad to be Aboard as such, currently getting experience in the PvP's and more than happy to go PVP Only when the game launches, is there a dedicated forum/website yet for Tattered Flags? I am EODAbroad at the moment in Naval Action, can't change the name at present but hoping to later to The Lesser Weevil...

Really, to many messages? Ill look into it and Ill send you the TS info.

@lesser weevil.

No website yet but we should have one eventually. Again, we are waiting to launch certain aspects when the game gets closer to an actual open world game. We have a website for our Potbs society and will eventually close that one down and open one up for Tattered Flags. And as for Pvp experience, we are more interested in the willingness to pvp and not your experience at it. We can train together.

We are beginning to set up an enjin website. I must admit that I didn't know how easy it was to set one up with those guys or I would have done it earlier. It may take a week or so to set it up since I am going out of town for a few days for work. As soon as I get some basic forum structure and banners and such up Ill let you all know the address.

• Like 1

I saw that thanks and you are approved. Welcome aboard!

We also finally got Quicksail to join up. He is one of our leaders coming over from Potbs. So, welcome Quicksail. His in game name is Samual Adams.

I grew up a Navy brat in Norfolk but I never joined myself. I still play WoT but will probably drop away from that game more and more as content is released here.

I am going to open up a forum thread on our website about the recently released position paper on the Constitution. I want to get some of your thoughts before I go and take a position in the name of the society. Please, if you are a Tattered Flags member, take the time to read my post on our website and tell me your thoughts. Thanks.

• Like 1

please feel free to comment on what you like and don't like about it as its a work in progress. The squigglies at the bottom of the cannon will in all likely hood be removed and I'm gonna have our man flip the squigglies at the top of the cannon turned around so they are coming off the rams head to give the impression of movement and not just static rams heads.