Game-Labs Forum

Easy Levelling - Requires 2nd Account

Eldberg

You might as well completely take grinding out of the picture and lessen XP requirements.  This is farming and getting around the xp gain rate.  It brings massive sol creep.  It is required to keep up with everyone doing it.  If you don't do it, you will be rolled in port conquest or deemed impotent.  It is no different than farming pavels, except that you aren't getting BPs.

Why must PVE be the fastest, most efficient, and easiest way to level?  Why must those of us who prefer to fight players and hate fighting AI bots be punished because we don't want to do this farming and grinding?

• Like 4

I feel bad for everyone that actually likes ships of the line. I love the Trinc, so I only had to endure grinding to Captain. I'll never do another PvE mission again if I can help it, and remain a Captain for the foreseeable future while I PvP to my heart's content.

You might as well completely take grinding out of the picture and lessen XP requirements.  This is farming and getting around the xp gain rate.  It brings massive sol creep.  It is required to keep up with everyone doing it.  If you don't do it, you will be rolled in port conquest or deemed impotent.  It is no different than farming pavels, except that you aren't getting BPs.

Why must PVE be the fastest, most efficient, and easiest way to level?  Why must those of us who prefer to fight players and hate fighting AI bots be punished because we don't want to do this farming and grinding?

Fighting players is not consistent, farming PVE fleets is consistent as you can find them sailing around pretty easily, PVP is not something you will always get, it can take hours and hours to find 1 battle and if you were to level using only PVP well then I will see you in 2 years when you finally get Rear Admiral.

>>"Exploit"<< I am not keen at all about this, but gamers today need to cheat to feel they can achieve. So let the poor dears feel they are doing well in their deluded little worlds. The worthy shall inherit the OW through hard work and consciences killings :) 

How is it different from just finding a spawn spot of a large 3rd rate 6 ship fleet and farming it?

No second account required. It spawns right there after the battle to be attacked again.

It can be killed faster than a reinforcement fleet providing more xp and money per hour.

Is not they move and shoot, just more difficoult , maybe certain ppl is angry about becouse they cant handle 10-16+ 3rd rate 

Edited by Lord Vicious

I really do not understand this race for the highest rank. You will once find yourself out of content and tired from endless waiting for big port battles. If there is no fun in progressing and trying all possible ships then I will tell you a secret. If you do not go trought the learning curve properly, you will suck hard in the end. That is proven statement from every MMO I played starting with WoT, ending with EVE online. 

• Like 1

Mr. Decatur is on the right track.

Does the community think this is ok, considering you can do the same thing by camping a third rate fleet spawn?  Or is this behavior out of line?

What are people's thoughts?

I personally don't think that this is fair, why allowing multiple account in a real-time game ?

I mean it is impossible to control two account at the same time, the only purpose of severals account is to do passif exploit and passif hauling eventually, that should not be allowed...

• Like 1

We are conflicted about this for one reason

1) Right now you cannot find a large PVE engagement even if you want to. 

2) This feature (or to some players - exploit) provides this option 

There are two solutions

Disable reinforcement until large pve fleets or epic events are added

Keep reinforcement and close the eyes for people arranging PVE for themselves.

Keep in mind that a large port battle generates a lot more XP and Gold (from 3000xp and up to 1 mln gold if you participated in a very large engagement)

And OW trafalgars if they happen provide a loads of xp and gold for both sides because there are no victory modifiers - you get excellent xp just when you sink enemies even if you lose the battle.

So what is the community view on this?

Disable

Or 

Keep?

Disable not because farming reasons but because same reasons you disabled personal AI fleets, it's just annoying artificial handhold feature. When soloing, noone was saved from calling AI reinforcement, when going out with group, people wait until all attackers are in the instance, press call reinforcements to get copy of attacker fleet and THEN call in their player reinforcements that can even outnumber the original attackers = another potential small pvp fleet fight turned into a notfight aka The Great Chase.

There are two solutions

Keep in mind that a large port battle generates a lot more XP and Gold (from 3000xp and up to 1 mln gold if you participated in a very large engagement)

And OW trafalgars if they happen provide a loads of xp and gold for both sides because there are no victory modifiers - you get excellent xp just when you sink enemies even if you lose the battle.

Disable

Or 

Keep?

Disable Reinforcement asap to promote PvP actions, silly that yesterday me and others 7-8 pirates gone to port royale and all we got is a fight vs bot AI reinforcement called by a brit renomee that managed to escape

I argue disable, but mostly from the PvP perspective. No reason to have extradimensional vessels suddenly appearing into the fight.

This isn't really a discussion on pvp. Currently, I don't like reinforcements from a pvp perspective, but it is an effective way to minimize ganks. As a solution to that though, what about not being able to leave the battle after using reinforcements? Seems logical that you wouldn't run from your friends that came to save you. Still keeps trading risky and adds more larger battles.

As for spawning them to kill for XP, when you can kill the standard AI fleets with 2 people, it's not fun. It's even less fun when there is nearly zero chance anyone will not join the battle. Once that happens, all that time spent finding that fleet was wasted.

As it stands now, you can spawn a fleet tough enough that you will need to use basic fleet tactics to not get killed and is scalable to the number of players that join. Player interaction and cooperation is now encouraged rather than discouraged. It allows people with limited play time to level at a reasonable pace, but only has a small percentage effect on those that play all day. I really don't see this as a terrible thing. The Ai can a do kill people that don't pay attention. I was nearly sunk because I was the front of our line against 8 3rds and 3 connies. It's not without risk, but teamwork can mitigate it. The game needs options that make cooperation attractive instead of simply necessary and this does just that.

My vote is leave it. I would like the logic loop added to the battle code to prevent people from leaving after calling in help though

Edited by Cpt Farragut

There are two solutions

Disable

Or 

Keep?

Make it so that you don't have to go through the loophole of getting another account to do this.

Why don't we have scalable missions that simulate this? Take the mission as a group and the system will spawn ships accordingly, or something of the sort.

• Like 2

Missions are terrible at high levels. They can be upwards of 30 mins sailing one way to get to. That assumes you can find the randomly placed, hard to see crosses in the middle of the open ocean with zero landmarks since you left port.

That is a whole other topic for discussion and imo needs a rather significant rework.

Edited by Cpt Farragut

I have seen pirates and swedes do this all the time on PVP 2, but sadly its' not a bannable offence which it should be, it means those who use it have a constant 24/7 supply of good AI ships to fight whilst the honest captains sail around looking for them.

Have you now, or are you just making this up? You keep saying it, yet every time we ask you for proof of this, or names, or screenshot, you go dark. I'm not a pirate anymore, and you've been claiming this for weeks now, and when you first started making these accusations I actually investigated to see if any of my clan members were doing it, or anyone at all, and other than the heresay from you, I haven't seen anything to substantiate those claims.

Pirates, AFAIK, have had very little encounters with Swedes. They came down around the CDR area a couple times for some good 'ol plain PVP, and by a couple times I really mean like 3-4 times tops, for like one or two rounds of battle... Nothing even close to the exploit you seem to be suggesting. We pirates never really went to Swede waters as we had a non aggression pact with them, they basically PM'ed one of us when they felt like PVPing...

You keep hammering those claims as fact... Do you have ANYTHING to prove it? I would be the first to curse and kick anyone from my team that participated in such activities.

There are two solutions

Disable

Or 

Keep?

leave it alone unless you are adding something that can equal these fleets people are getting in these battle,

not worth looking for the little AI fleets and the large port battles suck because everyone has timers set to dumb time so makes people get up at dumb hours just to even attack them witch is a whole another topic themselves. With this feature it can be used at any level and can help practice team battling and working together on killing stuff before you bring it to the big PVP battles. 

Edited by The Great One
  • Like 1

There are two solutions

Disable

Or 

Keep?

Of only those choices are available, keep.

If disable and lower/control BR difference levels when previously close enough to call for re-reinforcements so reinforcements are not necessary for new players, then disable.

admin, on 22 Mar 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:snapback.png

There are two solutions

Disable

Or 

Keep?

Disable......if it is the only way to stop this from happening untill bigger AI fleets are introduced to the game.. this is blatent abuse of game mechanics.................

There are two solutions

Disable

Or 

Keep?

I am pleased the admin are keeping an eye on this topic. I say keep... until you can add alternatives.

The problem is the community is asking for content... This particular mechanic, like it or not, is very much enjoyable to EVERYONE who participates. 

It is by no means easy to coordinate 10-15 players all different ranks / ship types in the first place, add 10-15 AI 3rd Rates and its actually pretty difficult.

We loose ships often, last night for example we lost 3 ships using this mechanic, all be it they were lower lvl players in Frigate class wessels... 

The point being, this is not sail up to a stationary target and pound away. This is fighting the largest AI fleets that can be found in-game atm. 

Not for XP... I'm Rear Admiral.

Not for gold... I have enough gold through econ and ship building.

But because I want LARGE SCALE BATTLES with all my friends... 

It is a FANTASTIC training mechanic. 

If there were AI fleets on the OS that consisted of 15+ 3rd Rates. Maybe even un-capturable 2nd & 1st Rates =)

I would say of course remove it... 

Give us some EPIC fleets to hit... Just don't remove it until an alternative PvE option can be found and implemented.

D,

• Like 5