Game-Labs Forum

Easy Levelling - Requires 2nd Account

Eldberg

Greetings!

This is a very simple guide to levelling up groups of players with relatively little effort. I have asked the developers and moderators if this method is illegal and the answer was that there are no rules against it. Personally I think it is very shady, but I am not going to sit by and watch people do it while the developers take no action. So if you can't beat then, join them!

So, how do you do it?

1. Find an area to level up, it must be near a port of other nations and one of your own.
  2. Buy a second account, create a character of the nation that owns the port next to yours.
  3. Position your second account outside of the port next to yours.
  4. Assemble a group of players in as many big ships as possible.
  5. Attack the second account.
  6. Once everyone is in the battle, and only then, use your second account to pull in re-enforcements.

The re-enforcements will provide you with a large, instant AI fleet to kill. No searching around for missions or fleets with very little risk to yourself. Once you have killed the fleet, repair, and attack your second account again. It is really as simple as that.

• Like 4

How is it different from just finding a spawn spot of a large 3rd rate 6 ship fleet and farming it?

No second account required. It spawns right there after the battle to be attacked again.

It can be killed faster than a reinforcement fleet providing more xp and money per hour.

Just because it removes the searching (time sink) part, it's not what I would call cheating in any regard.  

You still have to fight it out and once you know where to look, the automatic re-spawns of the AI fleets are really not all that much different.

EDIT: Lol, Admin beat me by like 45 seconds.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken
  • Like 1

How is it different from just finding a spawn spot of a large 3rd rate 6 ship fleet and farming it?

No second account required. It spawns right there after the battle to be attacked again.

It can be killed faster than a reinforcement fleet providing more xp and money per hour.

Because that requires effort, this does not. Plus, it may not be near a port to repair/easily re-stock with repair kits.

I mean, that is what grinding is all about right? Finding the most efficient and effective way of progressing through the grind to get to end game content?

Edited by Stephen_Decatur

Based on your answer I take it you consider this to be 100% legit? 

I really hope you do, because this is the only PvE thats actually good, decent fun and a little challenging. 10+ 3rds can really hurt ...

Edited by eklipz
  • Like 1

I do not think it is okay in the passive state we have them.

Have presented alternatives in other threads including ( but not limited ) to these 2:

- AI fleets that include 3rd rates must be proper fleet setups, 25 ships of several rates, that pose a threat and make them... event like almost. That way a concerted effort must be worked out by two groups or so.

- or -

- Tie AI spawns to frontier areas only. Make them aggressive.

Based on your answer I take it you consider this to be 100% legit? 

We are not going to ban for this (will just make an angry unhappy face), while we are adding large epic pve events there is no other way you can get large pve battle. But we don't like it. 

By the way we already disabled the best reinforcement feature (the option to give bots orders) because some clever captains were giving them stop command and bots did nothing - this was fixed the next day it was discovered in a hot fix in Jan.

Any good mechanic is going to be abused. Here we don't have a strong position because they fight and you can find a spawn on the OW too. If community says its a bad bad thing we will disable reinforcements until their improvement.

• Like 2

We are not going to ban for this (will just make an angry unhappy face), while we are adding large epic pve events there is no other way you can get large pve battle. But we don't like it. 

By the way we already disabled the best reinforcement feature (the option to give bots orders) because some clever captains were giving them stop command and bots did nothing - this was fixed the next day it was discovered in a hot fix in Jan.

Any good mechanic is going to be abused. Here we don't have a strong position because they fight and you can find a spawn on the OW too. If community says its a bad bad thing we will disable reinforcements until their improvement.

Thanks.

Mr. Decatur is on the right track.

Does the community think this is ok, considering you can do the same thing by camping a third rate fleet spawn?  Or is this behavior out of line?

What are people's thoughts?

Fine with me.

You want to waste an entire players time to set this up (the friend on the other side who gets no XP), then your not getting maximum XP for all players, and still having to sail two players to the location to set it up. Not to mention that if your not in a completely isolated spot from other players, your own national could interfere and sink your "friend".

Frankly the process is sub optimal compared to AI fleet grinding.

Wow, this is terrible news (keeping it legit, not the banning part). I dont like this at all and is a gamechanger for me.

Good part is that you are working on a large scale PvE mission/scenario for those wanting a similar experience the legit way.

Ive been trying to get a response for weeks (via pm and threads here on forum).

So thank you for finally doing a public statement.

Mr. Decatur is on the right track.

Does the community think this is ok, considering you can do the same thing by camping a third rate fleet spawn?  Or is this behavior out of line?

What are people's thoughts?

I think its just another nail in reinforcements' coffin.

The argument that its the same as farming AI fleets doesn't fly all too well because such fleets are highly different in quantity depending on where you are. For instance the Dutch on Pvp2 have almost zero fleets to farm, whereas the French have a HUGE load around the Camp du Roy area.

Not calling it an exploit but I sure would like to have the ability to spawn fleets where and when I want right now, as opposed to having to bother higher ranked players to spawn me 2 3rd rate missions.

Imho farming big to huge fleets in groups is way more fun than doing missions... But that's only reserved to specific nations / spots in the map.

Only place where we can find semi interesting fleets to grind away from Willemsted is like 2 hours sail... Fun times.

Oh noes! God forbid we make you pull an angry unhappy face!  :P 

Personally I would say do away with reinforcements and substitute the function with enhanced personal fleets. For example, at Rear Admiral you should be able to hire 2 x Frigates to run around with you, just make them expensive to purchase. I just don't like the idea of a magical fleet appearing to defend you.

• Like 1

Oh noes! God forbid we make you pull an angry unhappy face!  :P 

Personally I would say do away with reinforcements and substitute the function with enhanced personal fleets. For example, at Rear Admiral you should be able to hire 2 x Frigates to run around with you, just make them expensive to purchase. I just don't like the idea of a magical fleet appearing to defend you.

It's not exactly magical, it's I believe supposed to be your local national support, and the result of the use of the not implemented "send to admiralty" option in handling captured ships.

I believe it is also a safety feature for new players, so if ganked they can at least throw some fodder at the enemy while they run or make a fight of it.

There really just isn't much of another option currently.  Even a triple 3rd rate fleet with all his helpers is not hard to kill for our small clan of 8 active players.  Not to mention there are exactly one of that size fleet only every few days and all the other pirates want to farm it too.  I think this is great news.  I want it to not be point and shoot like it is.  Spawning in 10-12 3rds would actually require paying attention and a little tactics.

Edited by Cpt Farragut

I don't know about you guys I don't like it but since everyone else is doing it so should we. But The devs need to get involved I don't think it's right for a poor player but since you say it's ok I guess I will follow your rules thanks for clearing it up and you should have nipped it in the but as soon as you heard about it but oh well.

If the other account is not actively fighting how is it any different than damage farming that was bannable some time ago.

It really isn't. However I think that so many people are doing it now if they re-set them all they would loose hundreds of players.

If the other account is not actively fighting how is it any different than damage farming that was bannable some time ago.

The difference is you're not sitting there hammering on the other account's ship, while it sits there doing nothing.

In this situation, you've just drawn in a ton of angry, swarming AI ships who are going to be fighting you tooth and nail.  Repair bills all around, it's not overt damage farming.

• Like 1

I have seen pirates and swedes do this all the time on PVP 2, but sadly its' not a bannable offence which it should be, it means those who use it have a constant 24/7 supply of good AI ships to fight whilst the honest captains sail around looking for them.