Game-Labs Forum

Abuse of ALTs in Basic Cutters to start combat

pic of the problem with british screening fleet - it does NOT prove the tagger is an alt etc (no accusation being made here) - the pic shows the flawed tagging mechanic

as suggested, devs please introduce a UI window that asks 'do you wish to join this battle? - yes/no'

1 midshipman in a cutter tying up numerous screening ships, be it intentional or not (nearly impossible to prove one way or the other) is bad tagging mechanics

a62c0b2299.jpg

That looks like solid enough proof. The IP address of cacalio should be looked at.

THERE COULD BE A SIMPLE SOLUTION...?

At present only the player launching an attack and the player being attacked can see the attack circle and red crossed swords. This seems a bit ridiculous as any ship engaging another can be seen by all ships in the vicinity.

The solution would be to make the circle and crossed swords visible to all players within a certain distance, possibly the ship being attacked could have crossed swords of another colour (blue for example), this way everyone knows who is attacking who.

Any disputes and misunderstandings could then be resolved by all involved in the action as they know who did what. Before the action, players at risk of getting dragged in can try to avoid the action if they so choose.

If something like this proposed solution was implemented, a huge amount of frustration and resentment that this causes in game would be avoided.

Thanks everone for their comments - it looks like this is a pain in the backside for all nations.

Happy sailing

This has to be implemented or at least tested. I did read the admins reply but only allow one tag per circle and it will not get messy.

That looks like solid enough proof. The IP address of cacalio should be looked at.

Solid proof of what exactly?

That the guy is a Midi in a Basic Cutter and so obviously new to the game?

I did that when I started, attacking Traders to capture the ship and never noticing the circle (or knew it meant)

so when I entered the battle and found 4 or 5 other ships there as well I was quite annoyed that they would sink my prize.

Please don't accuse players of cheating unless you have Real solid proof.

• Like 1