Game-Labs Forum

PVP-2 The defeat of Victory

Lord_Smily

On this day of the seventeenth of March in 2016 Annus Dei on receiving word that the tyrant Americans are once again committing acts of a barbarism nature the Oranje flotilla (OJ) sailed to Tumbado with the aid of British allies to challenge the the green horde.  At around the eighth hour the Dutch forces engaged american forces in what will been known as the battle of Tumbado.  Our dutch fleet under the command of the great Von Twobeards, Admiral of the Oranje flotilla, fought bravely against supior forces and long odds sank The American Flagship USS Victory commanded by admiral Grimbeard.  While the huns eventually won the battle but the dutch lost only disposable ships allowing the dutch to claim a material victory over the Americans.

Slaget_vid_%C3%96land_Claus_M%C3%B8inich

The Green monster is not invincible!  I call upon all captains and crews to fight against the tyrant and together we can bring a better tomorrow for PVP - 2

het lange leven Verenigdi Provincien 

• Like 2

Now... I've got to say, pretty sure it was a drunken friendly fire incident that caused the Victory to sink.  Both you and your Brit masters were defeated soundly in battle.  Referring to Americans as huns is just plain silly coming from the nation more closely tied to the term.  And finally afaik the Brits have the largest population on the server, especially adding the dutch population who are apparently nothing more than British pets.

Still, both battles were good fights and worth a ton of xp/gold, more than enough to replace the few US losses.  Also the very concept of disposable 3rd Rates is rather disgusting, though I see no good solution to that problem.

• Like 3

Honestly there would have been a lot more US sinks except the decision was made, correctly, to chase the victory. Leaving a significant number of US ships time to disengage and repair. Resulting in the eventual overpowering of the Dutch. Though when you consider time and effort 3rd rates are definitely disposable when compared to a victory. As a result its more of a win win. Most of the US players won the XP/gold system. The Dutch won the material victory.

We derka killed the victory since it means more than our whole fleet of captured 3rds - could have Rick rolled those sailing abilities and let your victory escape. Victory>life

Now... I've got to say, pretty sure it was a drunken friendly fire incident that caused the Victory to sink. Both you and your Brit masters were defeated soundly in battle. Referring to Americans as huns is just plain silly coming from the nation more closely tied to the term. And finally afaik the Brits have the largest population on the server, especially adding the dutch population who are apparently nothing more than British pets.

Still, both battles were good fights and worth a ton of xp/gold, more than enough to replace the few US losses. Also the very concept of disposable 3rd Rates is rather disgusting, though I see no good solution to that problem.

The dutch sailed across the world as they are now slaves of the british on PVP2, the victory may have sunk, but it was a great sea trial to see what she is capable of. Although you claim "disposable" 3rd rates were used, that victory is one of about 8 I have made. Not to include the others crafters from SoL have created. Industrial revolution versus 2nd world shenanigans. Ships will sink, and with our abilities to build 1 1/2 Victorys a day (still growing) I don't see losing it to a 5v1 against 3rd rates that all sunk a major loss. Again, I thank you for letting me test it out and see what she can do. =)

• Like 2

she is capable of being at the bottom of the ocean is what I gathered

The dutch sailed across the world as they are now slaves of the british on PVP2, the victory may have sunk, but it was a great sea trial to see what she is capable of. Although you claim "disposable" 3rd rates were used, that victory is one of about 8 I have made. Not to include the others crafters from SoL have created. Industrial revolution versus 2nd world shenanigans. Ships will sink, and with our abilities to build 1 1/2 Victorys a day (still growing) I don't see losing it to a 5v1 against 3rd rates that all sunk a major loss. Again, I thank you for letting me test it out and see what she can do. =)