Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BlueSailor

Problems with Free Camera View

Hi everyone

I just joined this game today via Steam. I love the idea of this game and have always been interested in the navy from this time. I read the Hornblower books when I was in my early teens - and that is a long time ago.

Anyway my problem is with the view when I am sailing. I have a fixed view of my ship from the side as standard. Hitting the Home key (Pos1 on my German keyboard) shows the ship sailing away from me. Soon after it disappears unless I hit Home again when I get a partly mobile view of the ship from about the angle when I hit Home again. Hitting Home again cycles me back around to the start view - fixed.

Also I can only steer in the fixed view. Pressing A or D while in the second or third view does nothing. All this makes it very difficult to steer and to see where I am going.

I have seen some YouTube videos where the view is changed beautifully in any direction, from above the side etc. It looks like with just a movement of the mouse. Can anyone help me here because at the moment I feel I have wasted my money and am not having the fun experience I hoped for.

Thanks for any help

BlueSailor

Well... I automatically tried to drag with left and right click as simple mouse movement didnt move it. Also there is a "Help" chat channel for these early questions, there is always someone to answer. Have fun! :)

Thanks!! That works - but how the hell am I supposed to know that?

Again many thanks.

BlueSailor

Thanks!! That works - but how the hell am I supposed to know that?

Again many thanks.

BlueSailor

Don't be afraid of asking any questions. :)

One thing that confused me as a noob is why my ship kept sailing in circles during a battle. I was double-tapping the left or right rudder key. I use that deliberately now when useful. ;)

Edited by Admiral 8Q