Game-Labs Forum

Spain - British Peace Suggestion [PVP 1]

Jager

I can't even be bothered reading this thread.

Let me state this.  THERE IS NO PEACE OFFER!

We will smash the Spanish down to a single port, we will make them come to us for peace. 

We will continue to fight.

I think plenty of players on both sides are happy to see this end, but nothing constructive is going to happen while negotiations are hung up with such nonsense. If you want someone to make a deal with you, don't offer them something they've already got!

You can't offer a lack of Spanish attacks as an incentive for peace; Britain already has that, and everything you're asking in exchange would puts them at a disadvantage compared to the present situation.

And asking to be given ports in exchange for no-longer trying to take them is like asking someone "give me all your money and I'll stop trying to steal it from you". Nonsense!

Edited by Musuko42

i'm very surprise that britsh try to make peace with spain, that go with the french invasion in the south. 

It's looks like they are in difficulties to have multiple ennemies in the same time.

the best deal with spain in my own opinion is to take back their ports.

with all due respect, i think that british diplomats are late. About 1 week late ;)

I can't even be bothered reading this thread.

Let me state this. THERE IS NO PEACE OFFER!

We will smash the Spanish down to a single port, we will make them come to us for peace.

We will continue to fight.

Jajajaja

Edited by lobogris

i'm very surprise that britsh try to make peace with spain, that go with the french invasion in the south.

It's looks like they are in difficulties to have multiple ennemies in the same time.

the best deal with spain in my own opinion is to take back their ports.

with all due respect, i think that british diplomats are late. About 1 week late ;)

And again, we offert this peace two weeks ago, one week ago... So no... We are not late but you are not listening no matter what... Edited by Jonathan Arlington

So it is about we go on to destroy the spaniards unter we wiped them out and after that the danish coalition of the willing is going for Wikinger out the british. No one wies because at the end winners can play with themselve. Bravo. A great game is loosing no matter who will get the trophy. Bravo Gentlemen.

Victor, meet me at some neutral tavern I want to drink some gallons to forget about the arrogante of ALL involved nations in here.

So it is about we go on to destroy the spaniards

DREAM ON!

lol lol lol  

And again, we offert this peace two weeks ago, one week ago...

Can I help you to find the exit of the loop?

My german friend, try to take things with more humour sense.

Do you want surrender? Remember i have a beach, wine and cigars in Habana, better than english Tea, you can leave the dark side.

XD

Edited by Alado

If Spain isn't going to fight the British, who are they going to fight?

Spain survives with its current ports, and routinely beats the British at Mantua.

Making peace won't bring back the clans that went pirate. What do we really have to gain? A dubious treaty with the perfidious British, who will expect us to immediately turn on our stronger neighbors, the pirates and U.S.? Or is Spain supposed to become a PvE nation?

If the British are tired of war, they should remove the timers on the Gulf Ports, Robras and Baracoa. That will get Spain's attention. It would be wise to give the Spaniards something to lose. Otherwise why should we care what the British do?

No one called the pirates friends.

But the pirates are actually exemplary in their RvR behavior.

Unlike the U.S. and Britain with their spite-driven spasmodic conquest, the pirates expand rationally. They only take ports they are able to defend. They don't gobble up entire countries just to vent their spleen and then suffer the consequences for being overextended. They manage this even with their diversity of clans and enormous playerbase.

It's unfortunate that the pirates ended up being a nation, but at least no one can say they didn't end up as a darn good one.

• Like 5

Spain survives with its current ports, and routinely beats the British at Mantua.

Making peace won't bring back the clans that went pirate. What do we really have to gain? A dubious treaty with the perfidious British, who will expect us to immediately turn on our stronger neighbors, the pirates and U.S.? Or is Spain supposed to become a PvE nation?

I don't think that the British will necessarily want Spain to fight the United States or the Pirates. I think Britain just wants to close that Cuban front so they can focus their efforts on the other two fronts (Jamaica and Panama). The two ways they think they can do it is either by (1) negotiating a peace with Spain or (2) re-establish the British-Spanish Alliance so that the British at least have some allies against the Danish-French Entente. The second option is laughable, I don't think anyone with any understanding of British-Spanish relations is seriously considering that kind of diplomatic miracle. That leaves only the first option; negotiate a peace. Which is very unlikely at this point, and a realpolitik analysis of the Spanish situation should show why.

Spain has no more major resource ports. In theory this should be enough to cripple the Spanish war industry, but it hasn't. Yes, the Spanish economy is mostly incapable of producing Ships of the Line. But Spain is relying on capturing the endless supply of NPC 3rd rates that ply the coast of Cuba and the waters around the Florida Keys. No matter how many ports the British take, they will not be able to stop the Spanish from replenishing their forces of 3rd Rates, unless they establish a squadron that's sole duty is to protect the AI fleets around Havana (impractical but not impossible), and even that doesn't solve the issue as the Spaniards could shift to Sunbury, Cayo Del Anclote or Barataria deep in US territory and farm US 3rd Rates there to send to Havana. Provided both Britain and the United States are not at war with Spain at the same time, the Spanish faction will always be able to replenish their number of fighting ships. True, there will be very little room for economy players, but there will always be PvP opportunities. Probably more than any other faction. This has not and will not drive diehard PvPers away, and no one will ever be actually able to kill the faction or remove the Spanish threat by force. There is nothing any more for the Spanish to lose but four more economically unimportant ports, ergo there is no real reason for the Spanish to end the war except from an economy perspective, which to repair the Spanish economy would require the return of around ten ports.

Spain has nothing to lose anymore, which also means they have nothing to barter with. Except for one thing that Britain wants: a peace treaty. This is why Spain is demanding so much for what the British think is so little. Britain looks at the map and sees Spain as a defeated nation with no serious ability to defeat Britain and wonders why Spain won't give in and accept the one thing that, in the Britons' mind, can save Spain. But Spain looks at that same map as sees that the only thing that they can trade is also the one thing that Britain desperately wants, so they want as much as they can, because even if the Spanish are reduced to a single port on the north coast of Cuba, the British will always have to keep fighting them there, and the British will always have to keep a fleet fighting the Spanish.

You may have noticed that I said that as long as both Britain and the United States are not at war with Spain at the same time, the Spanish war machine will continue to exist. This is because the only other option the British have is getting the United States to fight Spain for them. They are the only other faction that is (1) not already fighting the British and (2) in the position to actually fight Spain. The United States is already fighting the pirate menace in the Bahamas, technically on the same side as the British. It would be natural, in the eyes of a Briton, for the United States to fight the Spanish as well considering the hostile history the two factions already have. The American fleet attacking Cuba would keep the Spanish busy, and would take pressure off of the west Cuba front, allowing the British to redeploy forces where they are needed more greatly. This is why you've seen the softening of the British stances towards the United States; because Great Britain is trying to recruit a new ally, not only against the pirates, but against Spain as well. But are such efforts are hopeless? It is not my place to say.
  • Like 4

firstly i am disappointed that even though i asked for no insults, bickering etc and only SUGGESTIONS of what a peace deal between these two nations should look like that there is a lot of captains from both sides that have misinterpreted this, carried on like salty kids and insulting each other. This was only just a suggestion, not a offer, for those that do not know the difference then i will put it here for you.

Offer: present or proffer (something) for (someone) to accept or reject as desired.

Suggestion: an idea or plan put forward for consideration.

This was just an idea for a peace deal, now personally i don't care if both nations start doing talks, changes it whatever, or continues fighting but this game is still in alpha and that means we are testers not players; each day more testers are leaving this game due to wars, stuff being to expensive, nations losing to many ports in one night or in general, the list goes on and on.

Now Ask yourself this: DO YOU WANT TO SEE NAVAL ACTION SUCCEED? if not then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ARE YOU PLAYING?

if so then why do you want to see another nation go down to one port? Why are you constantly fighting wars when your nation is hurting in resources and your nations tester base dwindling? 

Now all i have seen in replies are mostly insults, blames, bickering and people thinking this was a offer and just flatly rejecting it without any input on why they are doing so.

Only reason that you offers a peace traty with Spain now, is because you have earned too enemies, and you need desesperately the fleets that we destroy every night in Mantua, to fight in other fronts, where you are being, at the moment, defeated. That would be a good beginning to talk, if we can trust that you can hold your word, but last two months are really difficult to be forgotten. I don't envy brit or spanish diplomats.

Now like i said above it was a suggestion not a offer, now the way i see it both nations words can't be trusted and i get that but if we keep holding grudges how is anything going to move on?

Bloody good timing for this so-called "Peace offering" :lol:
Brits must've woken up with gnomes in their clothing.

Again it was a suggestion not offer.

THERE IS NO PEACE OFFER!

This, all this topic was about was a suggestion of how such a treaty might look. Fine if spain doesn't want to come to the table whatever keep losing more game testers and causing a whole new issue for the devs when one nation doesn't have the required amount to fully test all aspects from that nations POV.

If the British are tired of war, they should remove the timers on the Gulf Ports, Robras and Baracoa. That will get Spain's attention. It would be wise to give the Spaniards something to lose. Otherwise why should we care what the British do?

If you read what i suggested then fighting us in fleet PVP was completely fine, Port attacks were another matter and besides means that both nations wouldn't have to pay 150-300k just for a fight.

How is it the british nations fault for those clans and testers going pirate? they chose to do that even some of them were one of the reasons for this current war. You have a lot to gain from my suggestion if it went ahead, and i didn't expect anything of the sort. It was a mere suggestion in order to help spain become strong.

I'm not tired of war, my nation loves the fights that its getting but i do know we are here to test the game firstly and while a nation like spain is in its current position then testers new and old will start to leave its ranks for other nations or for good.

when you said "our friends pirates", are you talking about australians? who take ports at 6 morning, spanish hours and change timers?? :D

So as this is a international game you are basically stating that half of the server can't take ports in there prime times because its to early in the morning for the other 50%? Besides why does someone in every topic always complains about "Timers"? Timers are there to set the optimal time for that nation or clan to defend that port, if that means its 6am for you then oh well, Its not hard to set alarm clocks to get up for a attack as i've done it for this game and others. Now back on topic your suggestion was?

Edited by Jager