Game-Labs Forum

Spain - British Peace Suggestion [PVP 1]

Jager

Pretty much this (+ Corrientes and Pinar del Rio).

But Britain expects Spain to meekly negotiate while holding on to the ports it deceptively stole in the first place, under the so-called 'alliance' with RAE. Then they can just complain that the Spanish said something rude in the talks, and keep the ports anyhow.

Spain now has nothing to lose, and that means nothing to give. Same mistake that the U.S. made when it discovered the limits of gunboat diplomacy.

But Britain expects Spain to meekly negotiate while holding on to the ports it deceptively stole in the first place, under the so-called 'alliance' with RAE. Then they can just complain that the Spanish said something rude in the talks, and keep the ports anyhow.

Spain now has nothing to lose, and that means nothing to give. Same mistake that the U.S. made when it discovered the limits of gunboat diplomacy.

Nothing to lose, but a lot to gain through diplomacy, through fighting the only certain thing is risk.

It is fun to see all these wolves that before insulted us, called us arrogants and other barbarities to justify the assault all Spanish cities as have now a skin sensitive lambs who only want to see "that great nation that is Spain peaceful and in the place it deserves "......

You really gives you no shame now read you compare what you were saying before ........ ??

What is your real attitude ?? ..... ..... Now Before ?????? ????

I find it revolting .....

• Like 2

It is fun to see all these wolves that before insulted us!

I have always been respectful to Spain (not always agreed on things)... however receiving a PM prior to the Spanish declaration of war from the Spanish which simply said!

"Hijo de Puta!"

For me shows a level of immaturity not seen before and brings great shame on the Spanish nation in game.

nada de perder creo que te equivocas, lo que mas perdemos son jugadores, Te aseguro que mas del 50% hemos perdido

Sadly as with all diplomacy you have to start somewhere and as jäger has posted a proposal to which I agree this is a start point.

Maturin states Spain will not come to the table for anything less than Robras to Batatano while

Victor added Corrientes and Pinar del Rio.

Keep going Spain so far you want us to return 25 ports to you before you will even sit at the table while we offered 21.

If RAE are to be understood they would add

Cocodrillo

Santa Fe

Daguilla

Siguinea

San Lazaro

Cochinos

Jagua

Trinidad

Sancti Spiritus

Santa Marta

Manzanilla

Santa Cruz

That's a further 12 ports we can't give back Portillo, Puerto Escondido, Guama Sevilla or Sant Lago as we don't control them.

This is the extent of my understanding of Spanish claims now I may be wrong but if Pepe had his way he would lay claim to every port that historically Spain held at the height of thier supremacy in the Carribean. Sadly this is not 1750 but 2016 and we are in a computer game that is run by a port conquest mechanic with no end game at this time.

Edited by Llewellyn Jones RN

Honestly, if what Spain wants for peace is their Cuban ports why the heck not. If they want to take them back gradually why not. Only extra it might include for us is helping them vs the pirates so they can take them back and hold them. As i said in a post on another thread, the few Spanish clans that have always sabotaged and may keep doing so seem to me like nothing but a slight annoyance. I don't know what the considered value of those ports are to GB or that of those in the Mexican gulf, but compared to the value of keeping Spain's playerbase it can't be that important. The way i see it GB comes out on top by relaxing a little and letting Spain grow both as faction and in playerbase. Heck, the game wins. Hasn't Spain by now proven that with their sheer stubborness they can hold their own. There is no worrying about the pirates taking the south cuban ports from Spain and using it as a front against us anymore, because they took those ports from us are using them against us. Previous arguments whether they really were in the diplomatic meetings or or not, that GB take some south cuban ports to halt pirate advance towards us and/or Spain are now void.

Screw taking the winning the position, i think by now at least Spain knows better than us how many ports it can defend with their playerbase. Potemkin said it before, about 6-8 ports. I think the winning position in this is that the Spanish players stay in the game. Let the RAE keep doing what they are doing. So what if all the Clans of Spain aren't united, GB has had the same problem. The problem of some clans doing the opposite of what all the other large clans want will always be an issue until a national diplomacy mechanic is made in-game. By now our frustration with being sabotaged by some of those types of clans, at least for me are very long gone.

Edited by Alexander Reher

I have always been respectful to Spain (not always agreed on things)... however receiving a PM prior to the Spanish declaration of war from the Spanish which simply said!

"Hijo de Puta!"

For me shows a level of immaturity not seen before and brings great shame on the Spanish nation in game.

But you can not blame all players from a nation for one random inmature player who insults you in PM, mate.

I think that is for moderator team in this forum, not for diplomacy. Did you report him?

• Like 1

But you can not blame all players from a nation for one random inmature player who insults you in PM, mate.

I think that is for moderator team in this forum, not for diplomacy. Did you report him?

I dont blame the all the Spanish people for one or a few men's crimes... however nor should the Spanish against us.

It was received in a Steam PM. Plus it was just kids stuff and not worth even responding too.

Honestly, if what Spain wants for peace is their Cuban ports why the heck not. If they want to take them back gradually why not. Only extra it might include for us is helping them vs the pirates so they can take them back and hold them. As i said in a post on another thread, the few Spanish clans that have always sabotaged and may keep doing so seem to me like nothing but a slight annoyance. I don't know what the considered value of those ports are to GB or that of those in the Mexican gulf, but compared to the value of keeping Spain's playerbase it can't be that important. The way i see it GB comes out on top by relaxing a little and letting Spain grow both as faction and in playerbase. Heck, the game wins. Hasn't Spain by now proven that with their sheer stubborness they can hold their own. There is no worrying about the pirates taking the south cuban ports from Spain and using it as a front against us anymore, because they took those ports from us are using them against us. Previous arguments whether they really were in the diplomatic meetings or or not, that GB take some south cuban ports to halt pirate advance towards us and/or Spain are now void.

Screw taking the winning the position, i think by now at least Spain knows better than us how many ports it can defend with their playerbase. Potemkin said it before, about 6-8 ports. I think the winning position in this is that the Spanish players stay in the game. Let the RAE keep doing what they are doing. So what if all the Clans of Spain aren't united, GB has had the same problem. The problem of some clans doing the opposite of what all the other large clans want will always be an issue until a national diplomacy mechanic is made in-game. By now our frustration with being sabotaged by some of those types of clans, at least for me are very long gone.

If Spain were capable of making sensible proposals then sticking to them, they'd still have the Gulf of Mexico, northern Yucatan and most of south Cuba. Regardless, now that they're Pirate/Danish puppets they don't have a choice in the matter, same as the French. Pirates/Danes say jump, they ask how high.

• Like 1

"Hijo de Puta!"

Of course I am not personalizing you, how little we have spoken, have shown me respect I appreciate .....

I also tell you, if I had my way, the person who told you that would not be in the same faction that I ...... I have an age, and not admit anyone to insult me, and if I'm in a battle and someone insults you, I can assure you that will not stay silent .....

But you must also recognize that your attitude forum while you were the absolute winners, left much to be desired, and it was totally different from what you show now ..... Which indicates that far from following razing, looks the fear in your eyes ......

The stupid man insult before and now ........... hiding something before the insult, and now flatters ............
  • Like 2

I dont blame the all the Spanish people for one or a few men's crimes... however nor should the Spanish against us.

So you'll be giving back the Gulf of Mexico, then?

We're rightly blaming you for the entire British nation's crime of going apeshit over what one guy did at Misteriosa.

My attitude has always been the same... Lets talk!

Even now I speak to both sides (in PMs) however having sat in meetings with your diplomats it's been a difficult time. Thankfully those diplomates have shown their true loyalty and have left the Spanish nation.

And sir I fear nothing! ;)

Perfect......... Two big nations with no fear..............

let the guns speak..............  ;)

I rightly don't care much about what the other nations are doing in or near Jamaica or other British waters, other than that they are bringing a good fight. The attempted talks with Spain however have been going on for 2-3 weeks, it's high time something actually happens either without sabotage or ignoring sabotage. If not we'll end up with people either quitting or simply doing the POTBS thing and switching between whatever nation is doing better at the time.