Game-Labs Forum

Spain - British Peace Suggestion [PVP 1]

Jager

Using this post to start a new topic to get the ball moving on peace between Spain and Britain. This was orignally posted in Spain is Dead but it is better if we start afresh without all the past Bullshit and insults in that topic.

Please only Spanish/British Players post, Please do not post insults, blames etc etc. Suggestions only on how a treaty should go between the nations. For other nations players you can freely post but again follow the same rules of no insults, blames etc etc just suggestions on this, as the war has affected both nations the same and has gone on long enough that its not worth in my option in which players from spain or britain will just leave.

First off We need to drop all the insults, blame games etc etc between Spain and Britain, its not making both nations look good. Secondly instead of just saying we need both sides to come to the table and agree to peace, why don't we actually get the ball moving with suggestions of what that peace would entail. Thirdly what i am suggesting is based off another game's way of solving war/peace treaties, aka Crusader Kings 2. Fourthly this is just solely a suggestion on how Spain and Britain can come to a peace deal that both sides will be happy with, i do not speak for the british nation/council or my clan in this. I speak mainly as a player that is fed up of having to tp to fight on three different fronts while also trying to grind myself up levels.

Treaty/Peace deal suggestion

In CK2 you needed a reason to declare war, no matter what anyone wants to say the main reason for war can be agreed to as being for South Cuba. Britain wanted to get this though negotiations after helping the spanish with the Americans, Spain wanted to keep what they had and also regain there ports that were part of a trade or gift a while ago with/to SLRN before RAE went to panama, before the council was made etc etc.

Now the way i see it is that Britain has won this war, they have caused the most damage within this war all up between both nations and should by rights keep these ports. What that means is if we go by the CK2 way of dealing with things is that South Cuba stays british but all other ports that were spanish before the war goes back to being spanish. To solve the issue of Coal. gold, fir etc for spain i would suggest they also take Northern Yucatan (Conil, Cuyo, Salem and Ysil). A border would be established from Contoy - Corrientes which will remain british, Ports to the south of this will remain british. All ports to the west of Contoy aka From and including as i said Conil will go spanish.

Fleet PVP is allowed between the two nations however port attacks will not be for lets say 2 months or until the wipe (whichever comes first). After a month this can be renegotiated by both parties depending on how relations are between now and then.

The Gulf of Mexico would be handed over 1 week after the treaty was accepted with the Northern Yucatan following a week later. This is to ensure all british captains have the chance to get there stuff out of the gulf without having to do that long sail in one day/week if they have multiple ships, items etc down in that region.

During this 2 week period no Fleet PVP would be allowed by both sides to give a chance for players of both nations to move back to the gulf (for spanish players) or to move to south cuba/Western Yucatan/Other part of the British Empire (for British Players).

Now i just want to make myself clear one more time what i put in the Spoiler is a Suggestion for a treaty/peace deal that both nations could agree to in order to end this senseless war, i do not represent my clan when making this post or the british nation at all. I would suggest both sides take this suggestion to there relative councils/clans and come up with something of the same and organise with the other nation a date and a time when both/all parties can sit down and work out a final treaty.

Personally I don't care if its war or Peace but Its not good for Spain to lose players and its pointless for Britain to continue the war.

Jager

Edited by Jager
  • Like 5

I like your idea Jager.

I think that further discussions should be discussed in TS with diplomats or representatives of each Council.

During this Time there should be a casefire.

This is my opinion. I represent no members of the British Faction.

• Like 3

Before you agree to anything Spain, have a look at Jamaica when you log on today and think whether or not British power is what it once was.

I'm sorry how the hell does this have anything to do with a Peace suggestion between Spain and Britain? From what i see it has no effect on the outcome, Was it spain taking those ports? No it wasn't,  So if you don't have anything constructive to say in regards to this topic then please like i said don't post here. 

Edited by Jager
  • Like 5

Seems like you are giving far too much. Everything from Conil down towards Panama should not be up for discussion. The line of Britain should be between Corrientes and Conil (inc the islands like Mugeres).

Gulf of Mexico only and see if they can hold it against the US. Then maybe a deal where for every pirate (or every 2 pirate) ports they take we give one more port in that area back.

That initially gives Spain about 21 additional ports.

Edited by Mighty Bouff

You must be kidding me.

Now that you have some fronts open and the danish are having fun in Jamaica you want us to have a deal?

No way!!!

This is the time I told you was coming and this is our time.

No, we don't want peace with you. We want to keep fighting, to force you to have some people defending those ports.

I don't like the way you treated us and you have to assume the consequences.

Are you strong enough to fight 3, 4 or 5 wars ?

Deal with it.

• Like 6

This war with Spain is pointless for both Britain and Spain.  We should be natural allies given our boarders and shared enemies with the Pirates and Danes.  Why do both our nations have to continue to be self destructive.  

The Spanish have lost access to resource ports slowing their ship production and leveling of new players.

The British fleets are tied up in this being unable to defend Jamaica and Hati.

The only positive outcomes of this are for the Danes and Pirates, just last night Pirates attacked Corrientes . The Pirates also control all of North Cuba.  National Spanish pride should look to turn attention there.

Let's cease this conflict, put aside pride and past relations, and put our heads together to come to a solution so that both our nations can thrive.

Edited by G'Kar Rah
  • Like 6

I like how even though i stated it was a suggestion, there has been no input or suggestions on this from Spain or England, instead its back to Insults and just people saying No look at Jamica now etc etc. Wake the hell up its time for peace get over the past and move on.

Now this is from my Point of view not my nations or clans.

• Like 3

Hi,

By carrying on this senseless war with Spain we are only making the Pirates stronger.

Spanish players are clearly leaving their nation to join the Pirates, so you are actually creating a more powerful and dangerous faction.

There is no point kicking a (nearly) dead dog, when you have a Wolf biting your ass.

Long live the rule of Law be it in Spain, Britain etc, etc  

and death to the Pirates

• Like 2

I don't speak for the whole Spanish nation but I think the majority of their players will agree with me. We're being a pain in the ass now and that's what we want for the moment.

And please stop playing yourselves "Spanish players leaving". I guess that's the famous English propaganda and their hability to confuse people with misinformation.

See you in Mantua.

• Like 1

Here a great fan of Paradox series From CK to HOI too.

I am not representing a nation, and it may just reflect a minority of opinion of Spanish player (I simply do not know. There is no census, and the comments on the forum are just small fraction of Spanish players). I am not even a Spanish, but just a player who love Spain deeply and enjoying playing as an underdog. Here is my humble opinion, and feel free to criticize:

Personally as a Spanish player. I support a peace with Brits, and the deal itself is acceptable to me.

Here are the reasons:

What Spain need now the most? The manpower! I have saw so many posts from Spanish players ranted the numeral inferiority of the our player base compared to the one of the Brits, and the discrepancy of that ratio is becoming larger and larger. New players will switch the faction as soon as they saw the ports we hold when pressing "M". More than that, dozens of players every day are quitting or switching to the Pirates, further debilitating our miserable player base.

What the causes of that? Of course, the fact that we can barely muster a 25 3-rates fleet for port assaults/defense; the fact that the price of coal in La Habana is soaring to 250 ducats; the fact that we have no where to go outside the northern Cuba....To the Brits, at least in the current patch which players can grow their resources, most of the ports are merely meaningless dots (besides aesthetic functions-- we all enjoy painting the map, of course). to our nation, that is not the case, we need more than the ports we have owned now for obvious reasons. 

In sum, the fact I think many Spanish players ignored is that we are the one who suffer more in this senseless war again the Brits. We are losing manpower everyday. To us, it is a war of attrition. To Brits, not a case at all. Eveyday, their number of players is burgeoning,  (no matter how humiliating their performance against the Pirates, how stupid the mindset of their leaders as we claimed to be).  Everyday, Victory & Santisimma were built in the docks of Kingstown (no matter how many ships we sinked, and how much damage we incurred on them)

They are having fun enjoying the PVP battles with us, but we are the one who pay the price.

Yeah, we are not destroyed, for we can not be destroyed. La Habana will always be our capital, and the basic cutter will always be free. But what is our ambition? Pride and Honor or to become a recognizable force in the Caribbean Sea?   

Someone might say: the words of Brits are not reliable, and they will betray us in a time their arrogance and greediness are back again. However, as so many Spanish players have already pointed out, we have nothing to left. Why not just treating the ports Brits offer as their gifts? Not matter how much they offer, we do not need to offer anything in this deal but just a bit of honor and prestige.....Isn't it? 

In term of the offer itself: I think the ports the Brits offers are indeed (even far more than) the maximum number of ports we can put force to defend base on the miserable number of players we have now.  I have no love for Brits now. We are all hating Brits now for the outrage they have done to us, for sure! But why not accept their generous offer of ports and continue hating Brits if you still hate them??? It is FREE!  

• Like 3

Hi,

By carrying on this senseless war with Spain we are only making the Pirates stronger.

Spanish players are clearly leaving their nation to join the Pirates, so you are actually creating a more powerful and dangerous faction.

There is no point kicking a (nearly) dead dog, when you have a Wolf biting your ass.

Long live the rule of Law be it in Spain, Britain etc, etc

and death to the Pirates

Another point. But who cares that danish crown is allied with thiefs just to roll up the West indies. Allied with Pirates... ???? Edited by Jonathan Arlington

As The Maximun Ruler of Spain, I have to refuse your suggestions.

Even if the clans leaders agree in make a peace the whole spanish captain don't agree with that and we will have the same problem that we had before.

You will be attacked by these captains and you will consider it as an act of war and this will never get end.

Do you really wants to finish this war? It's simple move your fleet away from CUBA. Let us to Retake our ports gradually and then I believe that

Spanish nation wont see you like an invasor or enemy that we have to destroy.

You don't really want this offer, I respect that but you won't deal any peace with an enemy who has anything to lose.

We doesn't mind how much frgates you will sank us, or how much 3rd (we will capture 3 for every 1 you sink). You won't pass, we are spartans

and mantua is the new Thermopilles.

(I have to say that is my opinion without any impact of faction diplomacy, my autproclaimed title its just for fun, we still enjoy comedians)

• Like 2

Si, pero.... if only those Turncoats who fled to the Pirates even believed half of this proud statement.

Dear Charles,

I distinctly remember you waving this yesterday : 1sm320whiteflag.gif

Keep on doing.

:lol:

EDIT : I told you White is the new Pink

Edited by Bougainville
  • Like 2