Game-Labs Forum

SLRN Skirmishers take the fight to the French aggressors in Panama

Ian2492

This is a thread about SLRN and skirmishes right?  ;)

My nation was today accused of hiding in Port Morant, however I know there is someone sitting dug in at Jeremie.

20160318013337_1.jpg

But infact we were figthing outside Port Royal against SLRN skirmishes and captured an exceptional Bellona.

20160317192717_1.jpg

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 1

My nation was today accused of hiding in Port Morant, however I know there is someone sitting dug in at Jeremie.

20160318013337_1.jpg

But infact we were figthing outside Port Royal against SLRN skirmishes and captured an exceptional Bellona.

20160317192717_1.jpg

What were the other ships?

On my team was Connie, Trinc and Renomme, and me in Surprise.

Other team was:

Bellona

Renomme

Frigate

2x Basic Cutters

I can't totally confirm this, I would have to double check. The last one I really don't remember. It might be a Surprise, but again, I can't confirm.

Edited by Herminator

20160318013337_1.jpg

Lies you may have been at PR, but the Danish 3rd rates that popped out of Port Morant were clearly not..... I sat there, issued the challenge and no one answered.

Can you only war with words now?  :P

BTW I was outside Port Morant, surely your 'Alt' GB players told you that?  ;)

hmm, well... Charles Caldwell you may have realized that there were a lot of battles in Front of Port Morant and your Capital, yesterday. I remember one, where we were in with like 6 VIE members and a bit of AI to even the numbers against the Brits including you. You, Charles Caldwell have been one of the first to leave the battle and let let your fellow captains suffer. One of the british guys in a Snow excelled in bravery, though.... but got sunk as well.

• Like 1

hmm, well... Charles Caldwell you may have realized that there were a lot of battles in Front of Port Morant and your Capital, yesterday. I remember one, where we were in with like 6 VIE members and a bit of AI to even the numbers against the Brits including you. You, Charles Caldwell have been one of the first to leave the battle and let let your fellow captains suffer. One of the british guys in a Snow excelled in bravery, though.... but got sunk as well.

Thank you for confirming my presence out Morant, I didn't fancy listening to more dribble from your PR Guru.

Yep I left as clearly I wasn't needed... Im not too keen of overkill or a waste of resources and the fight looked roughly even. 

So I left and joined a smaller battle. I helped sink a Dane in that too. All credit to him also (name escapes me) he fought bravely in that despite his friends leaving him outnumbered and alone. Nice I thought! ;)

Thank you for confirming my presence out Morant, I didn't fancy listening to more dribble from your PR Guru.

I think nobody has claimed anything about your personal presence in Jeremie. 2 running SLRN players are hardly a forceful representation of SLRN outside Port Morant tho. The rest of your forces (or a significant portion thereof) were indeed hiding in Jeremie I presume? So what's your complaint?

Yep I left as clearly I wasn't needed... Im not too keen of overkill or a waste of resources and the fight looked roughly even. 

Yeah. It was roughly even when you left... But the first guy to turn sails and run has a tendency to start a domino, and after the SLRN escaped the rest of the brits were left to either sunk or barely get away, while Denmark didn't loose a single player ship. 

So I left and joined a smaller battle. I helped sink a Dane in that too. All credit to him also (name escapes me) he fought bravely in that despite his friends leaving him outnumbered and alone. Nice I thought! ;)

Weren't you just saying you didn't like to fight when your numbers were overkill?

Edited by Anolytic

1: I think nobody has claimed anything about your personal presence in Jeremie. 

2: Yeah. It was roughly even when you left... 

3: Weren't you just saying you didn't like to fight when your numbers were overkill?

point 1: 

however I know there is someone sitting dug in at Jeremie.

point 2:

I left straight after entering 1.30 minutes, the sides were even. Not into Ganking myself, unless of course you feel its ganking justified?

point 3: 

The battle was smaller in numbers only... my Trinc tipped the balance. ;)

You know it's not tolerated to camp at capitals by the devs? There is clear statement a few days ago.

You know it's not tolerated to camp at capitals by the devs? There is clear statement a few days ago.

That statement was specific to the "protected" zone around a capital. There are lots of water around your capital even outside that zone. Besides the statement from the developers was made after the incidents tom Brok refers to. Furthermore the specific battle he mentions, in which I was the one being tagged, and Caldwell ran from, happened a stone's throw from the harbour of Port Morant. My 3rd rate got stuck in the shallows as I was trying to enter port and a swarm of british players seized the opportunity only to be soundly beaten.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 2