Game-Labs Forum

SLRN Skirmishers take the fight to the French aggressors in Panama

Ian2492

Courageous British captains engage French ship and take it as a prize.

Combined force of 2 cutters armed with 4 pounders, along with an unarmed cutter engage French Trincomalee frigate and take it as a prize.
Courageous unarmed cutter sinks, all british sailors recovered from the sea unharmed.

Did the French bite off more than they can chew by declaring war?

rcOrQRh.jpg

Edited by Ian2492
  • Like 4

On the south-eastern front...9 French warships captured, 5 sunk and 1 burned. Been a busy week so far for us ;)

It is interesting that as soon as the french declared war on Britain, DRUNK switched to harassing French forces rather than Danish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfidy

(If it was not clear enough, I am accusing you of perfidy and sailing under a false flag - acting on behalf of the British and not the Swedish Crown)

• Like 4

Courageous British captains engage French ship and take it as a prize.

(...)

The BWITC captured this guy, too. We got him when he left Concepcion. He did a good fight, run at first, but then turned and dismasted our Trincomalee. This, however was his Tombstone because HMS Bellona came in range and with her first salvo, she managed to take off the front mast on the french ship.

4ad08c472162903.jpg

Eh, the steam gamers generation... "I managed to push a button! I better make a forum topic! HOLY SHIT IM GOOD!"

Honestly. First DRUNK, now SLRN. What next, you gonna make a topic about making a poo-poo all on your own? ^^'

• Like 3

LOL you call it a Front ? You are just ganking some peacefull captain like the pirate band you are :)

They just attack in numbers, last day i saw one of their formation they didn't even tried to save one of their Frigate that was stuck in battle with us  :lol:

They just thrive because there's no one to deal with them, yet. 

Not pirates. Privateers.

Privateers holding King George's letter of marque, thus making them traitors to King Charles, and who deserve to be hanged like, precisely, pirates.

Edited by Bougainville
  • Like 2

Not pirates. Privateers.

Privateers holding King George's letter of marque, thus making them traitors to King Charles, and who deserve to be hanged like, precisely, pirates.

Good Sir,

Privateers, at least under the patronage of the United Provinces, do not resort to whaler boats. I cannot but feel disgust by these distinguished gentlemen having to resort to the free way out.

We do indeed commission ships that are costly and represent the "Something to Lose" instead of this ... masquerade under the guise of gallantry and bravery. Let alone for each one of these, other ten attempts that go awfully wrong are seldom noticed. But then we all like a good story. Let them have it and keep the masses of indentured servants happy in their ignorance.

Would indeed be front news if they would represent the King and Crown aboard commissioned class privateers. As it is, it is simply anecdotal value for the masses of peasants which seemingly have populated the Royal Navy in the last half a century.

With the highest esteem for the French cause.

Captain Hethwill Eskeath

recovering from battle wounds at the Jesuit Hospital, port of Piritu

• Like 3

LOL you call it a Front ? You are just ganking some peacefull captain like the pirate band you are :)

thats not right! the french attacked one drunken member as first and then they get what they deserved! end of story! :P

thats not right! the french attacked one drunken member as first and then they get what they deserved! end of story! :P

Hahaha 

If Druken are stupid enough to attack all the French captains who are respectful of our Franco-Swedish friendship simply because they have a problem with a particular clan .... they will have the fights they want !

Great victory achieved in "have nothing to lose ships". As Hethwill already pointed another 10+ unsuccessfull attempts were just forgotten.

Let's salute to this "brave" british captains, who are aftraid to leave port in actual valued ship.

Yesterday 2 swedish guys in 2 Consti ambushed my friend's Bellona and allied trinco near La Orchila. That was a fair fight (BR was even in Dutch favor) and they managed to sink Bellona. Now they did it in a fair battle deep inside dutch territory in an actual valued ships. But these skilled swedish captains haven't come here boasting about their victory. Cause for them it's a regular military action.

But Brits are happy with each sank French trinco. But of course when you are loosing one port after another in Panama you have to find at least something to be happy about.

I used this game mechanics exploit (unlimited basic cutters for everybody in every port) myself when I had first leut rank and was afraid to lose my first captured Snow. Now I am ashamed of this time in my naval career. But I guess everybody has it's own moral standards.

• Like 2

Let's salute to this "brave" british captains, who are aftraid to leave port in actual valued ship.

I'm not sure this is cricket old boy coming from a Frenchy or Franco bed fellow... lectures on being brave!?! I mean didn't France fold and hoist the White flag in one weekend against the Danes?

The British are now fighting Spain, France, Pirates and The Russians (Danes).. and have done and will do for weeks, months if we have to.

So no more lecture on bravery please. ;)

We'll fight on, and on and on.... 

So no more lecture on bravery please. ;)

We'll fight on, and on and on.... 

In basic cutters of course?

Fighting war is defending your ports (by PB or screening), not ganking somebody with free to lose ships and then boasting about it on forums.

P.S. I am playing on Dutch side, not French.

Edited by Vaan De Vries

Great victory achieved in "have nothing to lose ships". As Hethwill already pointed another 10+ unsuccessfull attempts were just forgotten.

Yesterday 2 swedish guys in 2 Consti ambushed my friend's Bellona and allied trinco near La Orchila. That was a fair fight (BR was even in Dutch favor) and they managed to sink Bellona. Now they did it in a fair battle deep inside dutch territory in an actual valued ships. But these skilled swedish captains haven't come here boasting about their victory. Cause for them it's a regular military action.

But Brits are happy with each sank French trinco. But of course when you are loosing one port after another in Panama you have to find at least something to be happy about.

I used this game mechanics exploit (unlimited basic cutters for everybody in every port) myself when I had first leut rank and was afraid to lose my first captured Snow. Now I am ashamed of this time in my naval career. But I guess everybody has it's own moral standards.

wow the ignorance .....

I am SlipEnTitane.

I was not aware that, with the new patch, rammed cutters are not either sunk or destroy. So I let stupidly one of you sailed in front of me. I dragged him during more or less half one hour, blocking my manoeuvres and my speed. This, I think, is a bug. This cutter should have been ripped in less than one minute.  I was awaiting it to capsize during a long time... Tired...

Cutters are also surprisingly resistant to 18 pounds bullets.

And I was tired and wanted to go to bed.

This teach me a lesson : never be alone. A few Cutters can capture whatever 5th rank or less they want, until something is fixed.