Game-Labs Forum

Public "API" for Naval Action

you are trying to parse plain json and google serves it as jsonp

Thx, now i got it, didnt know jsonp before, only programming c all the time :D

btw, its ncie to have all the shop data(maybe too overpowered, because you can find cheap ressources if you are online after maintenance just by click), but will you also give us Blueprint and Ship data?

I really like to get the Blueprint Data via API and also Shipdata, because its nasty to check after every patch if there was a change.

Edited by Mored

btw, its ncie to have all the shop data(maybe too overpowered, because you can find cheap ressources if you are online after maintenance just by click), but will you also give us Blueprint and Ship data?

I really like to get the Blueprint Data via API and also Shipdata, because its nasty to check after every patch if there was a change.

even if they showed current prices doesn't one have to travel to the said port to buy them?

I would like to see prices and quantity remain hidden. Otherwise, build the tool into the hands and give that information to all players (specifically prices send quantities). In its current format, it heavily biases those people with the skills to use it, and those whom login right after maintenance.

Just my 2 cents.

Looks like I'll need to learn .Json files and API in the interim :)

Ps- I am happy to see API, it was an original request! Good discussion.

• Like 3

even if they showed current prices doesn't one have to travel to the said port to buy them?

Set up a network, in clan. 4 people (as example of how small a grp), with outpost around the map. That's 12 ports (starting, plus destination... With use of teleportation). Plus any other ports close by...

Transportation of goods can happen later.

Just setup outposts in the primary hubs, you can get alot of coverage.

Multiple characters generally required (cross nation, which this indirectly promotes).

Blueprint and ship data is in ItemTemplates

Set up a network, in clan. 4 people (as example of how small a grp), with outpost around the map. That's 12 ports (starting, plus destination... With use of teleportation). Plus any other ports close by...

Transportation of goods can happen later.

Just setup outposts in the primary hubs, you can get alot of coverage.

Multiple characters generally required (cross nation, which this indirectly promotes).

aww i see seem like a lot of trouble to go through but i could just be lazy ...

• Like 1

I'm really not entirely sure why you're so insistent on calling this routine data dump at maintenance an "API". Whilst it's certainly useful data to people who may wish to integrate it in to a reasonably accurate map system, I would still love to see a genuine API that can be used to create feature-rich external applications.

Edited by Gishank
  • Like 1

Blueprint and ship data is in ItemTemplates

Sorry, but i guess my language is terrible to understand.

I dont mean the Meta data, i asked for the ship build data, how much "Ballast" (ID=2), "Gold Coins"(390) and so on, is needed to build a  "Victory" (Id=294) with the Victory Blueprint(Id=304).

Something like:

BlueprintId=304;resultId=294;amount=1; PartIDs={2,390};quantitys{71,65};

ItemTemplate have not information about quality of upgrade modules.

Example

There are five Steel toolbox (basic, common, fine, mastercraft and exceptional).

There are five Steel toolbox ID In ItemTemplates ( 178, 179, 180, 182 and 181) but no information about quality.

======

ItemTemplate не содержит информацию о качестве модулей.

Например.

Есть 5 Steel toolbox (basic, common, fine, mastercraft и exceptional).

В ItemTemplates имеется 5 ID (178, 179, 180, 182 and 181) но нет информации какого качества эти модули.

Can you set the encoding to UTF-8?

at a later date it will be changed to utf8, but I can't give you a date. Currently only port names affected by utf to ascii conversion

Sorry, but i guess my language is terrible to understand.

I dont mean the Meta data, i asked for the ship build data, how much "Ballast" (ID=2), "Gold Coins"(390) and so on, is needed to build a  "Victory" (Id=294) with the Victory Blueprint(Id=304).

Something like:

BlueprintId=304;resultId=294;amount=1; PartIDs={2,390};quantitys{71,65};

all the data is in blueprint template, it has all references and FullRequirements field which contains all required materials

ItemTemplate have not information about quality of upgrade modules.

Example

There are five Steel toolbox (basic, common, fine, mastercraft and exceptional).

There are five Steel toolbox ID In ItemTemplates ( 178, 179, 180, 182 and 181) but no information about quality.

======

ItemTemplate не содержит информацию о качестве модулей.

Например.

Есть 5 Steel toolbox (basic, common, fine, mastercraft и exceptional).

В ItemTemplates имеется 5 ID (178, 179, 180, 182 and 181) но нет информации какого качества эти модули.

quality is determined by scoreValue field

the only data i got is that here for example:

"__type":"MegaChaka.Services.Items.RecipeTemplate, MegaChaka","Name":"Cordage and Oakum Blueprint","Id":242,"MaxStack":1,"ItemWeight":0,"BasePrice":-1,"SellPrice":{"x":0.0500000007450581,"y":0.5},"BuyPrice":{"x":0.150000005960464,"y":1.5},"PriceTierQuantity":100,"MaxQuantity":1000,"SortingGroup":"","SellableInShop":false,"SellPriceCoefficient":0.5,"ItemType":"Recipe","MongoID":"242"}.

I have had not much time so its not really "finished" but for Prices of the Free Towns (i am afraid that Menues will not work for "viewers", so no other nation is selectable by some else than me atm, but i can share the source code if you want) you can have a look here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M-wUC6pK3eQL8rwNHGH4uoAqVE-UOkGhQdML6NFQYLA/edit#gid=1183469687

Some people are going to get very rich.

Once the economy becomes 100% player-based, this will actually be a very critical component.

i.e., I'm a lazy iron producer. I just make iron and throw it on the market where I am. I set the price cheap because I want someone to come buy it and I do not care that I can sell it for 3x as much somewhere else because I am lazy and do not want to bother.

With data like this, some trader can see my iron in the shop and decide to come get it, then resell it for more money somewhere else.

That's actually a great feature. Frankly I think it's data that should be available, real-time, inside the game! ("Where's the cheapest iron within a 1 hour sail?")

• Like 3

My last post, since it is a bit of a broken record... Just trying to say it different ways to see if I can articulate my concerns:

In reference to shop data and sale values:

1. If it's great, then make it an ingame feature. I guarantee, folks will say it is immersion breaking... But that's another argument. However, making it avaliable in API format only, means it us USABLE to those with the "know-how" (unless some benefactor shares with the community). I have no knowledge of anything these smarter individuals are posting about. Therefore, advantage = them. (I had to Google "parse text" and have no idea what html8 is)

2. If I figure it out, or get someone else to build it for me, there will be incentive to purchase another account for cross nation sales. Why? Because I can take goods from strong markets and sell them in weak markets. This isn't against the rules (to my knowledge), however it does open up the game to more META gaming. (not that I'd use the toon for spying... But someone would. Ok, maybe I might read nation chat... And notice some ship movements.... Ok, I'd spy.)

3. The timing of the data favors players that frequently play right after maintenance. API data should be neutral, and provide no favor or advantage to any specific time zones.

4. Final item: if this feature of having all shop items and prices is considered immersion breaking ingame, then why provide it outside of the game? And if it ISN'T immersion breaking, then put it ingame.

I would recommend that the API calculate average "national quantities" and average "national prices"... At best :) Total average price per item per server is really what I think is appropriate. This allows sites like www.navalactioncraft.com to prepopulate costing sheets.

That's best balance IMHO.

Done :) high fives all around.

• Like 4