Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] Dano-French Alliance

Éric

To the british nation and their leaders, are we fools?

Lets begin to wipe these dutchies asap, the south is now open for conquest.

The 'certainty' of victory have lead to the fall of greater men than any of us gathered here.

• Like 1

The 'certainty' of victory have lead to the fall of greater men than any of us gathered here.

None of them were british. None of them had so weak and coward enemies. 

I knew the dutchies, they had to beg us to attack the spaniards at the same time in Panama because of their own lack of skills.

Edited by Admiral Horatio Hornblower

Steady sir, although I sail a French ship presently I am no friend of CSNF nor the Dutch. However I wouldn't go so far as to call them cowardly... Conniving yes, ambitious certainly, perhaps lacking in the stoicism of many British captains, but I wouldn't refer to them as cowardly.

I knew the dutchies, they had to beg us to attack the spaniards at the same time in Panama because of their own lack of skills.

Is that a fact?

What about these battles; Saratoga, Islandlwana, the battle for the danish straits against Bismarck, Singapore, or even at the Gazala line.

How'd all of these go for the british, hm? Saratoga is an excellent example if I do say so myself.

Is that a fact?

What about these battles; Saratoga, Islandlwana, the battle for the danish straits against Bismarck, Singapore, or even at the Gazala line.

How'd all of these go for the british, hm? Saratoga is an excellent example if I do say so myself.

Sir if I may, you have certainly proved the gentleman's argument to be part false, 'none of them were British' . As for the second part, I wouldn't say that any of the enemies faced by the British in any of the battles you listed were cowardly.

No nation has had a clean slate in regards to warfare, although I will admit many British defeats had been caused for some ridiculous reason and could have been easily avoided.

• Like 1

Few days ago, the attack to Spain was because spanish forces attacked you, now you say you attacked in response of a demand made by dutch.

Always easy catch a liar, and in GB faction there are a bunch as far I see.

Sir, you are taking this all way to seriously. Its hard to make out, but I better assume its just RP?

Insults and accusations aren't going to help any nation with their current circumstances. Bringing real-life losses, for whatever reason, is not relevant or appropriate- regardless of what certain posters have stated in the past in attempts to bait people into retorting. 

If the French do indeed come west, I relish the chance to trade broadsides with our natural rivals.

• Like 2

Sir if I may, you have certainly proved the gentleman's argument to be part false, 'none of them were British' . As for the second part, I wouldn't say that any of the enemies faced by the British in any of the battles you listed were cowardly.

No nation has had a clean slate in regards to warfare, although I will admit many British defeats had been caused for some ridiculous reason and could have been easily avoided.

Oh I agree completely with you, and I do believe my examples show that the enemy of the british were indeed far from cowardly- Such as the Zulu for example,- Attacking british red coats armed with rifles, while your own forces are armed with spears and the like most certainly require some balls, if you pardon my french.

Insults and accusations aren't going to help any nation with their current circumstances. Bringing real-life losses, for whatever reason, is not relevant or appropriate- regardless of what certain posters have stated in the past in attempts to bait people into retorting. 

If the French do indeed come west, I relish the chance to trade broadsides with our natural rivals.

I agree in regards to insults and accusations, even more so with your last statement- Battling is far more fun than idling.  I do however disagree with your real-life losses in this regard, when someone claims such a thing as the 'gentleman' above, then he clearly requires a lesson in history.

Lol what? Dutch beg for help? lacking in skills? Hardly.

I'd never expect either from any of the factions in the Dutch nation.

You clearly had no part in any of the actions down in Panama, if you did you'd have a healthy respect for the participants of the other nations.

Edited by Alexander Reher
  • Like 5

This chap certainly likes to blow his own horn.

• Like 2

This chap certainly likes to blow his own horn.

Some of us don't know who the hell he is, i've asked around and no one really knows who this person is, to me he is most likely a troll so i would ignore most of his posts as half of them he has no idea what the hell he is on about.

• Like 1

Dont get upset Jager. We dont need the dutch. In fact they needed us in the past because of their own incompetence to fight an inferior and pathetic force of spaniards. We will be happy to show them who really owe the sovereign of the seas. 

I´m a spanish player and have fought against pirates, US , Dutch and British. And I can say that the Dutch have been the bravest enemies , have fought as equals without hiding his ports with impossible timers and behaving honorably and politely.

• Like 2

That is because the United Provinces players ( quite a international mix up I must say ), generally speaking, do enjoy the game for what it is. Naval combat during the age of sail. Plus making our nation great while at it.

Thank you for the consideration. Hope to see many caballeros kicking some timbers in the future.

• Like 1

Ok, let me get this straight...

Denmark/Norge is allied to France

France is allied to Sweden

Verenigde Provinciën is allied to Denmark

Sweden and VP are currently fighting port battles.

France is at war with the british

Denmark/Norge is at war with the british

Sweden is allied with the british

This is like playing chess with 5 colors of pieces!

Danmark-Norge is allied to france, yes (they joined us against the brits thats all)

Danmark-Norge is allied to Sweden? No. (Neutral, PvP is allowed)

VP is allied to Danmark-Norge, yes - we were told that you had made a treaty with the british (Non-agression pact in Panama region)

Sweden fight VP, VP has not asked for interference. Can't you handle it? If france attacks you, its quite another political situation, but why should they?.. 

Sweden is allied with british? Naah, they are not... Not for real anyways.. 

So really I can sum up this for you: 

Danmark-Norge is allied with France and VP.

Danmark-Norge is Neutral/Non-aggression pact with Sweden.

Sweden is fighting VP, we don't want to do another black Friday and we have not been asked to interfere. 

Sweden is allied with the British? Not an alliance that is worth anything after their previous failure to support them. 

Edited by E.P. Juel