Game-Labs Forum

Spain is dead ? (PVP1)

Captain Tylor

You started it. And if you guys want to offer Peace to Spain i hope you plan on giving them back A LOT of their previous ports. Like 80% of them.

we didn't start this pointless war with Spain and decision about ports will be made in meeting with Spanish and British councils

Edited by Captain Alexander

If your on about South Cuba, then suggest it on the other topic on why Britain who techically has won the war for South Cuba should give it back, they still get vital ports as you say, just not those ones back which seems to be the main cause of the war was South Cuba. Spain wanted the other Southern Cuban ports, and Britain wanted the Islands etc etc. War broke out and now we have it to where we are now. Logically speaking in a war like this back then, those ports would be annexed into The British Empire and Spain would have made peace and gave into the demands of the british for them. If it was vise versa and spain took the british ports in that area then Spain of course would have them.

End of the day they still get there vital Coal, Gold and Fir ports which they can build Production buildings at, just not the ones in South Cuba.

My suggestions were already rejected by your council, that's why a war between Spain and Britain exists as of now, so I won't waste my breathe any longer on that issue.

To post on that forum would be out of place for me as I am not Spanish, and you have requested only Spanish and British players post suggestions there, and I will not speak for a nation that is suffering as a result of your decision to push for war against them as I have no direct stake in the conflict.  My pact with Spain is purely honorable, and regardless of whether you make peace or not will not change the course I and the rest of us are on.  You people had your chance to deal with us in a fair discussion of terms, you chose to run around in circles and avoid the prime issue that was plaguing our nations.  You chose to react like this, and now you want peace after the fact?

Back then there wouldn't have been port timers preventing a nation from attacking another nation in it's prime-time, we're playing a game that has mechanics that restrict realistic behaviors.  You haven't beaten Spain, you've simply tied it's hands behind it's back and forced it to take blow after blow, that's why we're pirates now, as pirates your faction can't hide behind timers from us.

If you had any sense of dignity or honor in this matter it wouldn't have come to war, and you wouldn't be proclaiming victory over a nation you slipped yourself into the belly of, and then began stabbing as soon as it's stomach grumbled.  This conduct is inexcusable, and the fact that you are claiming victory over it only fuels the flames in the hearts of all Spanish and any who sympathize with the nation.

We Spanish corsairs have already chosen our lot in this matter, whatever the remaining Spanish choose to do will be respected by us, but they are not alone in their fight against you and we have found a better means in which to wage war on your over-reaching empire.

On that note, good luck in your negotiations. ;)

Depends where you take that point of view from do you take that point as at the start of the game because by that statement the Dutch, Danes, French, Pirates and Americans all control now what was vast areas of Spanish territory.

The offer jäger suggested was initially we would give you back the Bay of Mexico, The Yucatan upto Cottonoy.

What you also have to consider is that since the patch there is no need to control anymore ports that what you need to build ships because we can all build from 5 ports I think the devs said so the old arguement about the southern half of Cuba is a mute point.

My suggestions were already rejected by your council, that's why a war between Spain and Britain exists as of now, so I won't waste my breathe any longer on that issue.

To post on that forum would be out of place for me as I am not Spanish, and you have requested only Spanish and British players post suggestions there, and I will not speak for a nation that is suffering as a result of your decision to push for war against them as I have no direct stake in the conflict.  My pact with Spain is purely honorable, and regardless of whether you make peace or not will not change the course I and the rest of us are on.  You people had your chance to deal with us in a fair discussion of terms, you chose to run around in circles and avoid the prime issue that was plaguing our nations.  You chose to react like this, and now you want peace after the fact?

Back then there wouldn't have been port timers preventing a nation from attacking another nation in it's prime-time, we're playing a game that has mechanics that restrict realistic behaviors.  You haven't beaten Spain, you've simply tied it's hands behind it's back and forced it to take blow after blow, that's why we're pirates now, as pirates your faction can't hide behind timers from us.

If you had any sense of dignity or honor in this matter it wouldn't have come to war, and you wouldn't be proclaiming victory over a nation you slipped yourself into the belly of, and then began stabbing as soon as it's stomach grumbled.  This conduct is inexcusable, and the fact that you are claiming victory over it only fuels the flames in the hearts of all Spanish and any who sympathize with the nation.

We Spanish corsairs have already chosen our lot in this matter, whatever the remaining Spanish choose to do will be respected by us, but they are not alone in their fight against you and we have found a better means in which to wage war on your over-reaching empire.

On that note, good luck in your negotiations. ;)

Lalalala

Now if I remember correctly you were sitting in a meeting with us the British Council at the time that you led the attack on Misteriosa at the same very time you were demanding that we gave you 16 ports in exchange for peace. That is not the conduct of a diplomatic leader who wanted peace it smacked of someone trying to distract us and very under hand.

Did you really think we were going to just roll over and just hand those ports to you on a Silver platter? If you did you were very wrong!

We countered your offer and suggested that we would return 6 ports to Spain over a period and a further 2 after that with conditions sadly your attacks went in and as a result you ran away leaving Spain for a live as a Pirate because your clan could not get what you wanted from us.

You left your Spanish Brothers and sisters to suffer at our hands rather than defend just like you did when in RAE and you all ran from the Americans and headed to Panama that tells me you have no passion for the Spanish nation and should be treated by Spain as the rest of the world treats Pirates which is scum of the earth.

• Like 1

It is like... Hey guys this all didnt go very well because everone is blaming the others so lets talk. And the others like NOOO! You are wrong Lalala I cant hear you...

Bah. No time for this...

oh I heard him just wasn't really listening to his lies about supporting the Spanish nation he rerolled Pirate for an easy life.

Why would Spain sue for peace now? This is their chance to bite back against a crumbling empire which is beset on all sides by its enemies.

Why ask for ports when you can take them?

because they still can't take them.

they are doing a great job on defence but offense is another thing entirely. 

And should they go down that route what do you think would happen when Britain closes one of its fronts, lets say against the french?

Fair enough the Spanish players are hurting, but there comes time to see sense and accept what are going to be free ports so they rebuild, get shipbuilding and leveling going at full pelt and become the strong nation everybody wants them to be.

Why would Spain sue for peace now? This is their chance to bite back against a crumbling empire which is beset on all sides by its enemies.

Why ask for ports when you can take them?

Because of Port Timers?

After all, each and every shitstorm in this game have their ultimate reason in this problem.

The factions that can have a huge multi regional player base have a huge advantage on the others.

Plus there is no space for real and binding faction diplomacy and alliances (setting war, alliance or neutral status for each faction with different possibility in terms of engaging ships and access to towns and trade).

I'm not telling its right or wrong, but it's a factor of objective unbalance in the RvR (and a balanced RvR - especially with the last revamp of economy - will be a crucial condition for the future of this game).

But this is something that's beyond players powers, that nevetheless go on in fighting like cats on the forum.

I really do not know if this is working as intended by the devs, of if they are not aware of the danger in leaving too long things just as they are.

I just hope that ignoring this two issues (port timers and alliances/wars) for too long will not spoil the fun of a lot of players.

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

And should they go down that route what do you think would happen when Britain closes one of its fronts, lets say against the french?

If you guys manage to close the front in Panama, we'll attack right after or we'll join forces in the North.

But it's still funny to see that Great-Britain happily "killed" the Spanish Empire and now are asking for a peace deal when you could have asked for one when you had the upper hand like the Danish did to us when they crushed the French. 

Anyway i think the Devs should really concentrate on this problem because the ability to reduce one Empire to it's capital is not a good solution for everyone. 

Personally this all comes down to no war or no war mechanic in game and that once the devs and a system that randomly modifies the war footing status of each nation based on a variety of things ie- European theatre policies and politics of the time and what the players are doing against other nations then a period of war could be determind by the game not clans or diplomats.

So atm the game is broken in this respect.

• Like 2

A brief acclaration of the actual spanish situation for those who still want to offer us peace......... The cemetery peace.....

image002.jpg

"We are in the year of our Lord 1700. All Spanish territories in the Caribbean are occupied by the redcoats ... All? Do not! One small village of indomitable Spaniards still and FOREVER holds the invader ".

For those who still have doubts............ FOREVER ¡¡¡¡¡.

• Like 1

Thomas we do not ask for peace now, we offer a hand since this war begann.

Oh really ? I think you are offering them peace since you are starting to lose the upper hand.

And to be honest what you did to them (although i think the real problem is the Devs not aknowledging the problems at the moment so i'm not really accusing you) was really harsh, reducing Spain to like 4 ports is a really tough punishment and i don't know why Spain should take the hand that you are giving them at the moment since you pretty much killed a lot of their player-base.

"Broken" is a hackneyed term at this stage of development, but I do agree about the lack of game features for diplomacy. My opinion was that this total absence of game features about diplomacy tied to european mainland, would make this game a typical food chain with the playerbase being the only deciding factor. And that was mildly disappointing.

It turns out that the community took matter in its own hands, for the better or worse.

You Know what? Maybe it was harsh but they declaired a harsh war while we were making some diplomacy. Maybe it was harsh but without any possibility of calm down - Not as nations but as one testing community it will not disapear. Or do you really believe it is all about national gaming roleplay or somewhat in here anymore? Guess not.

Edited by Jonathan Arlington

You Know what? Maybe it was harsh but they declaired a harsh war while we were making some diplomacy. Maybe it was harsh but without any possibility of calm down - Not as nations but as one testing community it will not disapear. Or do you really believe it is all about national gaming roleplay or somewhat in here anymore? Guess not.

Well you clearly had to make a bad decisions considering the Game Mechanics didn't gave you any good choices, but i think reducing Spain to 4 ports was probably the worst thing. 

Oh really ? I think you are offering them peace since you are starting to lose the upper hand.

And to be honest what you did to them (although i think the real problem is the Devs not aknowledging the problems at the moment so i'm not really accusing you) was really harsh, reducing Spain to like 4 ports is a really tough punishment and i don't know why Spain should take the hand that you are giving them at the moment since you pretty much killed a lot of their player-base.

The British Nation has CONSTANTLY tried to NEGOTIATE with the Spanish.  The Spanish are the ones that  WANTED this WAR!  While Spain had 30+ ports we were negotiating making them a stronger nation turning over more gold / coal ports.  During these negotiations while on teamspeak diplomatic comms they laughed and attacked ports in all directions, Spain believed they could win a military victory against a weakened British Nation to take the ports we were already offering them diplomatically faster.  Impatience!!!  SPAIN DECLARED WAR against Britain when we tried to NEGOTIATE!    Read the forums, it is the Pirates and the Danes that are fueling this conflict as it weakens what should be a natural alliance.

Edited by G'Kar Rah

Yessssssss and we felt defraut froh the spaniards attacking us while dringend diplomacy. This is the point. This leads to nothing.

Personally I believe there is no was but a diplomacy mechanic in the game

Maybe with the possibility of making diplomacy with a national vote or something. But up to this point we "tested" that complete free diplomacy will just lead to rumour not in the nation roleplay was but to the community of all players.

Edited by Jonathan Arlington